Windows 10: Can't Scroll with fingers on Elitebook 8440p Touchpad

Discus and support Can't Scroll with fingers on Elitebook 8440p Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Client today who's been having some real issues with their customization features. Particularly, scrolling on the touchpad not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SotoPrior, Dec 5, 2017.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Can't Scroll with fingers on Elitebook 8440p Touchpad

I have a Client today who's been having some real issues with their customization features. Particularly, scrolling on the touchpad not working supposedly regardless of the settings changed/altered to accommodate this feature. Otherwise the touchpad functions just fine, but not to the efficiency my client in question desires. It would appear that not only does there appear to be a sectioned off part on the touchpad to enable this, but supposedly other individuals whom possess the same make and model, with the same windows 10 pro version, are able to enable this feature with no issues whatsoever. The mouse cursor does appear to be still itself whenever two fingers are placed onto the pad, but otherwise nothing.
    Any Advice to what the issue might be?

:)

SotoPrior, Dec 5, 2017

2. Camera not working with Windows 10 0x200f424a(0x8007001f)

hp elitebook 8440p

jonathan koteyneequaye, Dec 5, 2017
  3. after update my touchpad stoped working

I upgraded my HP EliteBook 8440p to windows 10 now and it told me there is an update so I start the update and it was installed after my laptop restarted , the touchpad wasn`t working anymore .

please I need help as soon as possible .

thanks

IbrahimAhmad505, Dec 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, the loss of single finger scrolling and chiral (circular) scrolling in Win 10 is quite widely reported, although 2 finger scrolling works. Some attribute this to avoiding conflict with a swipe gesture if I recall.

I have a Synaptics touchpad- the latest driver is v19 if I recall. I had to find a v16 driver- and then all functions were restored. This is what others have done. Finding such an older driver may be a matter of trial and error. I found one for an Alienware PC that worked for me (see my specs!)

With certain Win 10 problems, for some people, the answer is older, not newer.

Sorry, no thoughts on

dalchina, Dec 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't Scroll with fingers on Elitebook 8440p Touchpad - Similar Threads - Can't Scroll fingers

2. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  3. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  4. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers: hi i am gautami have an problem to use touchpad .I cannot use touchpad i want to scroll with 2 fingers but i doesn't plz give e a solution with step by step...
  6. touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers: hi i am gautami have an problem to use touchpad .I cannot use touchpad i want to scroll with 2 fingers but i doesn't plz give e a solution with step by step...
  7. scrolling and zooming with 2 fingers on touchpad

scrolling and zooming with 2 fingers on touchpad: I was able to scroll and zoom with 2 fingers with the touchpad but then the touchpad stopped working completely so I uninstalled it but now I can't make any adjustments from touchpad settings, the touchpad works but I can't scroll and zoom with 2 fingers, how do I fix that?...
  8. Touchpad two-finger scrolling speed

Touchpad two-finger scrolling speed: Is there any way to decrease the speed of scrolling via two-finger drag? The scroll speed in the settings panel appears only to work with a traditional mouse. I would like the scroll to be about half as sensitive....
  9. Touchpad two-finger scroll erratic

Touchpad two-finger scroll erratic: I recently purchased a Windows 10 laptop PC from Dell (specifically the XPS 9380), and it appears that the built-in Windows Precision touchpad drivers aren't working properly. Specifically, the cursor jumps erratically during two-finger scroll, causing similarly-erratic...
  10. Two-Finger Touchpad Scrolling (TFTPS)

Two-Finger Touchpad Scrolling (TFTPS): I have a DELL laptop and I am setting up an HP laptop for a friend. The DELL TFTPS works smoothly but the HP TFTPS is hit and miss. Both DELL and the HP have the touchpad ‘Sensitivity’ set to ‘Medium’ and both machines were new in November 2018 and have the Windows 10 Home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8440p win10 problem