Windows 10: Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router

Discus and support Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First, here is my connection: I have 2 routers. The 1st one is from provider, and has USB Samba Share plugged. This router is the main one with IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thox88, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Thox88 Win User

Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router

First, here is my connection:
    I have 2 routers.
    The 1st one is from provider, and has USB Samba Share plugged. This router is the main one with IP 192.168.1.1.
    The 2nd one is in AP Mode, DHCP disabled. The IP is 192.168.1.150.

Now, I have 3 PCs. 1 PC connected to the 1st router, 2 PCs connected to 2nd router.
    The problem is, PC which connected to the 1st router can see the USB.
    But PCs which connected to the 2nd router can't see the USB.

These 3 PC can connect to each other and share files/printer seamlessly. The problem is, 2 PC which connected to the 2nd Router can't see the USB in 1st router. While PC which connected to the 1st router can see the USB.

I tried with my android phone and it can see 3 PC and that USB no matter which router my android connected to.

Is this Win10 problem? I ran Win 10 64-Bit in these 3 PC.
    Or is there any setting in router/PC to make this USB seen in all PCs regardless which router it connected.

:)

Thox88, Apr 1, 2018

2. wifi connection issue

i have a problem with my wifi connection. 1st i can't control the wifi switch . it automatically turn's on. 2nd it's switched on but it keeps on searching and searching and searching for wifi connections even when i put it beside the router. why is this
    happening? thanks for giving me a solution.

danreyescorona, Apr 1, 2018
  3. WiFi connection with Nokia Lumia 635

I have a new Nokia Lumia 635 with Windows 8.1. I have an RT-N66U Asus wireless router. The router broadcasts at 2.5 and 5 GHz. 1st problem: my phone only sees the 2.5 GHz network. 2nd problem: while the phone can see the 2.5 GHz network, it can't actually
    connect to the internet through that network. I have several other devices (none of the other devices use Windows) that are able to connect to these networks. Any ideas on what I should do?

Brian

plasma_brian, Apr 1, 2018
  4. bro67 Win User

It helps to know what the manufacturer and model of the router is, including OS. If it is a computer and as for the "USB Samba share", I am guessing that you are talking about a USB pocket drive or thumb drive.

bro67, Apr 2, 2018
  5. If you plug in computer 2 and 3 to Router 1, do they see the share? If not, then it's a Windows network configuration issue. If yes, then it's a router configuration issue on router 2 or a combination of router 2 and computer2/3 configuration issue.

On router 2 you should check all NAT, Firewall and DHCP settings. Also check that both routers has IPv6 enabled, if you use IPv6 on your machines. It could even help if you disable IPv6 all together on all devices.

We don't have much information to go with, so this is all just guesswork so far. We need more fine grained details and a network map about the router configurations and network configurations on all machines.

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router - Similar Threads - Can't 1st Router's

2. Router connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router connection: I am running windows 10 with no problems except my router.My computer will not connect via ethernet using the cable supplied or any other cable.I have to use wifi instead.I have had the router checked by Vodafone & all is fine.The cables have been checked by BTOpenreach & all...
  3. Can see router but can't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can see router but can't connect: Windows 10 did an update and I can't connect to my router not even using 192.168.1.1 or web address. I'm able to see it and that is all. Windows tells me it can't connect to network and I tried a lot of the suggestions and still nothing. Window refuses to even let me reload...
  4. Connecting to the Router

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to the Router: A recent Windows Update July 2020 has left my laptop automatically connecting to the Internet via the router even at start-up, and even though the option to "Connect Automatically" is in the off position / has not been selected. Sometimes, if I do a "Restart", the machine...
  5. Can't connect with wireless router

Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  6. Can't connect to my router

Can't connect to my router: Everything seems to work fine with my router. Internet, email, wifi etc. all are working but today I noticed I can't connect to my router using 192.168.1.1 I check ipconfig and that is the gateway and what I've always used. I've changed nothing since last week when it was...
  7. Can't connect to my router

Can't connect to my router: Everything seems to work fine with my router. Internet, email, wifi etc. all are working but today I noticed I can't connect to my router using 192.168.1.1 I check ipconfig and that is the gateway and what I've always used. I've changed nothing since last week when it was...
  8. Computer sees the router but there is no connection

Computer sees the router but there is no connection: Computer sees the router but there is no connection - ran diagnostic ... Troubleshooting says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this computer' This is a new computer, first set up. I am . I have a satellite modem connected to a router. This setup has always...
  9. Computer can and can't see router

Computer can and can't see router: I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. I was running my TalkTalk router successfully both wirelessly and hardwired. Occasionally I would go off-line for no reason. Leave it a few hours I was back. I complained and was given a new router. Plugged it in and it was seen by my phone...
  10. usb on router

usb on router: hi need help - up to last version of windows 10 (14905) , windows recognized a hard drive (usb) attached to my router with the latest version , windows refuses to recognize the router , even though i am connected t the router. I have a netgear r7000 with a usb hard drive....