Windows 10: Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.

Discus and support Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there, I would like to enable the 5Ghz option on my router, however when I do this my PC is not detecting the network, however my phone and Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shifty, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Shifty Win User

Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.

Hey there,

I would like to enable the 5Ghz option on my router, however when I do this my PC is not detecting the network, however my phone and Xbox are, I read on the internet that 802.11n internet is able to use 5Ghz. I feel like I missed a setting but I can't find it, hope someone can help me.

Router: Cisco EPC3925
    Network card:
    802.11n Wireless LAN Card, upto Speccy (I pressume the Ralink RT2860 Wireless LAN Card if I can believe my control panel)

Thanks in advance!

:)

Shifty, Jul 31, 2015
  2. BinoWoo Win User

Networking Problems Windows 10

I have 2 ways to access wireless networks on my pc as i can't run an ethernet cable to it, the USB adapter that isn't working is the Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. And the card that does work (but has high latency and lower
    speeds) is just labeled as 802.11n Wireless Lan Card. There aren't any exact error messages, it just tells me when trying to connect to my router that it was unable to connect to that network (this is for the Realtek USB adapter).

BinoWoo, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Rob_Dn Win User
    5GHz WiFi network not detected in Windows 10 in Bootcamp

Hi,

Windows 10 Pro does not detect a 5GHz WiFi network.

Others in my office are using Windows 10 and they can connect to the 5GHz wifi although they have an Intel wireless adapter, mine is Broadcom.

We have one 2.4 GHz and one 5GHz wireless network setup in our office, but my Windows 10 only shows the 2.4GHz network in the list of available connections.

There is a wall between my room and the wireless routers but even if I take my laptop to the router room it still does not pick up the 5GHz network.

The 2.4GHz network works but the connection is slow unless I take my laptop to the router room.

I'm running Windows 10 on Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro.

When I boot into OSX it successfully detects and connects to the 5GHz network but when booted to Windows 10 it only picks up the 2.4GHz network. The network adapter obviously supports 5GHz as it works in OSX.

Here are my system specs:

• Macbook Pro 2012
    • Intel i5 dual core 2.5GHz
    • RAM 4GB
    • OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
    • Bootcamp Windows 10 Pro 64bit - version 15511 - OS build 10586.494
    • Wireless network adapter: Airport Extreme / Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    • Driver version 7.35.118.40
    • Driver date 24 July 2015
    • Radio types supported 802.11n 802.11a 802.11g 802.11b

Can anyone help me make the 5GHz work under Windows 10?

Many thanks

Rob

Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card. [​IMG]

Rob_Dn, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Nemix Win User

Have you had the WiFi card previously connected to 5Ghz wireless networks?

Reading up on your wireless chip, I don't think the chip is capable of 5Ghz band.

Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Shifty Win User
    Nope, I only had 2.4Ghz connection, from what I saw my chip can use it??

Shifty, Jul 31, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    No clue here.

A little Web searching indicates that both the Cisco EPC3925 and the Ralink RT2860 are dual band devices.

bobkn, Aug 1, 2015
  7. hawkman Win User
    have a look in your advanced settings.

DeviceManager>networkAdapters>Right click on WirelessLan>properties>Preferred band> select either both/auto/5

Roy

hawkman, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Shifty Win User

This what I get: http://puu.sh/jlQBC.png

Translated:
    Adhoc support 802.11n
    Land region (2,4Ghz)
    Multimedia/gaming
    Radio on/off
    Roaming sensitivity

When I click on Land Region (2,4Ghz) I get the following: http://puu.sh/jlQKH.png

Shifty, Aug 1, 2015
  9. Nemix Win User
    As said previously RT2860 is not 5Ghz capable: Ralink - WikiDevi

I was just wondering if you ever had the card connected to 5Ghz band then maybe you may have listed your wireless chip incorrectly.

Nemix, Aug 1, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    Mystere, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Shifty Win User
    The Ralink RT2860 drivers are installed on my laptop, how can I check it differently? (speccy does not detect it)

Shifty, Aug 1, 2015
  12. hawkman Win User
    You could also pick up a driver from your comp.

Device Manager>network adapter>right click on Wirelesslancard>update driver>BROWSE MY COMPUTER>LET ME PICK>UNCHECK show compatible hardware> scroll down to Ralink entry use the >>second<< one. Then go to the last entry under the adapter.

Roy .

hawkman, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Shifty Win User

Shifty, Aug 1, 2015
  14. hawkman Win User
    from screenshot, then hit >> next<< ignore the warning that comes up not digitally signed.

Roy

>>>select the highlighted 1 in your ----YF screenshot <<<
    its the same 1 highlighted in my screenshot below

hawkman, Aug 1, 2015
  15. Nemix Win User
    @ Mystere, I stand corrected but if not listed as being in any devices I highly doubt the card even hit the market just like so many Broadcom cards that I tried looking for on eBay to no availability since the card and configuration exists in PDF specs but maybe did not go through production and thus not found in devices.

Nemix, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card. - Similar Threads - Can't 5Ghz networks

2. Question on Wireless Network Cards?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question on Wireless Network Cards?: My Comcast Gateway (XB7) supports wireless AX, i bought a sorta cheap Wireless AC card when i picked up my new custom built Windows 10 Computer, ((Specs in signature, Desktop--I7 10700) Anyways i got another card on the way, which support Wireless AX. Would it be too much...
  3. Wifi card can see but not connect to 5Ghz.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi card can see but not connect to 5Ghz.: Hopefully someone here can help me with this. So I have an Edimax EW-7822PIC adapter. I purchased shortly before Windows 10 launched. Used to connect to 2.4ghz and 5ghz no problems, but for about the past year or two it will no longer connect to 5ghz. or it does but then it...
  4. Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks: Hi! I own a MS Surface Pro 3. It has a built in Marvell Wireless network card. Suddenly it stopped being able to find available networks. I tried connecting a Wireless USB-adapter, and it finds all the networks here. So how can I fix the built-in network card? I have...
  5. Windows 10 Cannot See 5GHz Network

Windows 10 Cannot See 5GHz Network: Since updating to windows 10 I haven't been able to see my 5Ghz network on my desktop PC. My smartphone and laptop can see and connect to the network at the same distance. I've looked around for solutions dating back to 2015 but haven't found a fix yet. When checking if my...
  6. Windows no longer sees 5GHz network

Windows no longer sees 5GHz network: My computer used to see the 5GHz network in my house and has been connected to 5GHz networks before, but at some point it stopped seeing it. All other devices in the house can see and connect to the 5GHz network. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but to no...
  7. Cannot see wireless networks

Cannot see wireless networks: I am unable to connect to the internet. The problem started after I tried to restart my network settings (for unrelated reasons). Once my computer restarted, I was no longer able to see any wireless networks in the toolbar, nor can I see any available networks to connect to...
  8. can't see 5ghz networks although adapter supports it

can't see 5ghz networks although adapter supports it: hi guys, i have searched a lot and did not find any solution to my problem (or, in fact, someone with my exact problem) my wireless PCI adapter supports 802.11a so it should have 5ghz recognizing abillity right? i went to the device manager to the advanced tab and found...
  9. Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network

Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network: Hello, Just wondered if anybody can help me sort out this problem which I have. I have Bt infinity 2 with a BT hub 5 router which enables me to have either a 2.4 GHZ or a 5GHZ wifi my problem is that it see's and connects to the 2.4GHZ but does not see the 5GHZ one ,...
  10. windows 10 cant see 5ghz network

windows 10 cant see 5ghz network: hello, i updated to windows 10 for 7 today, and everything works fine expt one thing.. the windows 10 cant see the 5ghz network and i dont know whay.. when i used the windows 7, its show me the 5ghz network, but not when im using the windows 10... however, i checked on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my 802.11 wireless caed does not see 5ghz