Windows 10: Can't see available wireless networks or Wi-Fi settings

Discus and support Can't see available wireless networks or Wi-Fi settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a clean install of Windows 10 a couple weeks ago, but since then my computer won't show available wireless networks and I also don't have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ttenpas, Aug 11, 2016.

1. ttenpas Win User

Can't see available wireless networks or Wi-Fi settings

I did a clean install of Windows 10 a couple weeks ago, but since then my computer won't show available wireless networks and I also don't have the "Wi-Fi" tab under settings. My computer connects to my home wi-fi just fine (I'm using it to post this), so I know there is nothing physically wrong, but there is no way for me to connect to any other networks. I've reinstalled the drivers multiple times and even reinstalled windows, but nothing helps. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ttenpas, Aug 11, 2016

2. i cant conect to my wifi

What have you done?

Can you see the Wi-Fi network when you go to Settings/Network & Wireless/Wi-Fi?

Is it turned on?

Do you a list of Available Wi-Fi Networks?

Have you tried to connect at a Wi-Fi hotspot (like McDonalds)?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 11, 2016
  3. ThreeTima Win User
    wifi

No Help Line, they did not.... Taken from the Manual of the HTC Touch 6900....

Available at in english at:

http://www.htc.com/support/pdf/htctouch/070522_Elf_HTCTouch_English_Manual.pdf

10.4 Wi-Fi

Wi-Fi provides wireless Internet access over distances of up to 100 meters. To use Wi-Fi on your device, you need access to a wireless access point or “hotspot”.

Note The availability and range of your device’s Wi-Fi signal depends on the number, infrastructure, and other objects through which the signal passes.

Turn Wi-Fi on and off

1. Open the Comm Manager.

2. Tap the WLAN button to turn on/off the wireless function. The WLAN icon indicates the wireless status.

3. Available wireless networks will be detected.

Connect to wireless networks

After Wi-Fi is turned on in Comm Manager, your device scans for available wireless networks in your area.

To connect to a wireless network

1. The network names of the detected wireless networks will be displayed on a pop-up message window. Tap the desired wireless network, then tap OK.

2. On the next pop-up message window, tap The Internet if the wireless network connects your device to the Internet. Otherwise, tap Work if the wireless network connects your device to a private network.

3. If the wireless network is secured by a network key, enter this key, then tap Connect.

Next time you want to connect to the wireless network that you selected, just turn on Wi-Fi in Comm Manager and you will automatically be connected. You will not see the pop-up message windows again, and you will not be prompted to enter the network key of
    the previously accessed wireless network (unless you perform a hard reset which will erase custom settings on your device).

Note Wi-Fi networks are self-discoverable, which means no additional steps are required for your device to connect to a Wi-Fi network. It may be necessary to provide a username and password for certain closed wireless networks.

To check wireless network status

You can check the current wireless connection status from any of the following screens of your device:

• Title bar.

When you enable Wi-Fi on your device, the Wi-Fi ON icon will appear on the title bar.

After Wi-Fi is turned on, your device scans for available wireless networks and the wireless signal icon appears on the title bar. The arrows in this icon will move back and forth while your device is scanning for a wireless network signal. Once your device
    successfully connects to a wireless network, the arrows stop moving.

• Wi-Fi Status screen.Tap Start > Settings > Connections tab > Wireless LAN > Main tab to see the name of the wireless network that your device is currently connected to.

The configuration and signal quality of the wireless network are also shown.

ThreeTima, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. if you open a admin cmd prompt then type
    netsh wlan show networks

do you get a list?

Samuria, Aug 11, 2016
  5. ttenpas Win User
    It says:
    The Wireless AutoConfig Service (wlansvc) is not running.

ttenpas, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    can you start the service and try again under admin tools services

Samuria, Aug 11, 2016
  7. ttenpas Win User
    I started the wlan service and now it says:
    There is no wireless interface on the system.

Which is quite humorous because I'm using it to post this.

Starting that service did cause the Wi-Fi tab to show up under settings though.

ttenpas, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Samuria Win User

Set the service to start auto so you get the wi fi showing up. With wifi there are two way it can work one is by windows and the service you started or by a third party service and tool which disables the windows and uses its own is there any tools etc for your card that may be used intel or Dell often have one

Samuria, Aug 11, 2016
  9. ttenpas Win User
    No, I don't have anything like that. Just the basic driver.

ttenpas, Aug 11, 2016
  10. ttenpas Win User
    While searching the net for solutions, I happened upon a forum post that describes my problem exactly:
    http://www.computing.net/answers/net...ard/51235.html

Apparently this is something that happened with the update from Windows 8 to 8.1. I was smart enough not to use Windows 8, so the problem didn't show up until now. I still haven't found a solution, other than buying a new network card.

ttenpas, Aug 12, 2016
  11. ttenpas Win User
    Any other suggestions on how to get this working? I don't really want to buy a new network card since there's nothing technically wrong with the one I have.

ttenpas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't see available wireless networks or Wi-Fi settings - Similar Threads - Can't available wireless

2. [Windows 10] Wi-Fi network adapter missing; can't see available Wi-Fi networks, and various...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10] Wi-Fi network adapter missing; can't see available Wi-Fi networks, and various...: My computer Windows 10 Pro; HP Omni 120-1134 suddenly disconnected from my Wi-Fi connection. This is not necessarily uncommon due to issues with the modem-router itself, but what was unusual was that it was unable to detect any wireless connection through neither the taskbar...
  3. [Windows 10] Wi-Fi network adapter missing; can't see available Wi-Fi networks, and various...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows 10] Wi-Fi network adapter missing; can't see available Wi-Fi networks, and various...: My computer Windows 10 Pro; HP Omni 120-1134 suddenly disconnected from my Wi-Fi connection. This is not necessarily uncommon due to issues with the modem-router itself, but what was unusual was that it was unable to detect any wireless connection through neither the taskbar...
  4. [Windows 10] Wi-Fi network adapter missing; can't see available Wi-Fi networks, and various...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't see the available Wi-Fi network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see the available Wi-Fi network in Windows 10: I can't see the available Wi-Fi networks in Windows 10. It happened due to one of the Windows updates. But I can see the list of available Wi-Fi networks via cmd How do I solve this problem?...
  6. I can't see the available Wi-Fi network in Windows 10

I can't see the available Wi-Fi network in Windows 10: I can't see the available Wi-Fi networks in Windows 10. It happened due to one of the Windows updates. But I can see the list of available Wi-Fi networks via cmd How do I solve this problem?...
  7. I can't see the available Wi-Fi network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can't see available Wi-Fi and can't access Wi-Fi parameters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see available Wi-Fi and can't access Wi-Fi parameters: Hello, I need some help, when I want to show my Wi-Fy panel it's just loading infinitely and when I try to access Wi-Fi parameters the window just freeze. I've tried to update the drivers, disabled bluetooth, uninstall networks card and reinstall it but nothing changes. I...
  9. List of available wi-fi networks

List of available wi-fi networks: Recently had cable internet installed. Previous to that we had internet through the phone company...all products worked fine AS LONG AS THE INTERNET WASN'T DOWN. After cable was installed: tablet, Ipad, GoogleHome, 3 TVs, all see and use new wifi network. Laptop running...
  10. Wi-fi settings and available networks

Wi-fi settings and available networks: I am trying to connect an EchoDot to my network but wi-fi settings will not show me any information about available networks. When I click on the link it just goes dark, nothing happens, no screen pops up, no information at all. Is this yet another failure of Windows 10 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant see available wireless networks

2. cant find my wireless

3. Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi >

4. wifi not showing available networks