Windows 10: Can't see computer on network

Discus and support Can't see computer on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a desktop and a laptop at home which I use for work. I need to access the desktop files using the laptop, and vice versa. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by suchthefool, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Can't see computer on network

Hi there,

I have a desktop and a laptop at home which I use for work. I need to access the desktop files using the laptop, and vice versa.

I had it working before (i.e. I could see and access the laptop via the desktop and vice versa) but it's stopped for some reason. I can't see either computer on the network!

I've ticked all the relevant file sharing settings (I think) but they just wont appear the network folder.

I had an issue a month or two ago where I'd set up a PIN on the laptop, rather than a password, and having read other forums, this is apparently an issue. Once I removed the PIN and just had a password on each computer, they could 'speak' to each other again. But there's definitely no PIN/password issues now as I've not changed them since.

Can anyone help please?!

Thanks,

Mark

:)

suchthefool, Jul 1, 2016

2. Can't see computer on network

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue has been fixed.

Keep posting in Microsoft Community for any further queries that you have. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 1, 2016
  3. MarkTilly Win User
    Can't see computer on network

Thanks for your reply - I sorted it. It was my Kaspersky Internet Security. The firewall was blocking the connection!

MarkTilly, Jul 1, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Have you tried rebooting the Gateway?

bro67, Jul 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't see computer on network - Similar Threads - Can't computer network

2. Can't see network computer in Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see network computer in Explorer ?: Hi,I have several computer on my home network.My main desktop computer is dual boot Win-10 and Win-11When I boot into Win-11 I can see access all my network computers and devices in File explorer.But when I boot into Win-10 I can not see the network computers. I can see other...
  3. Can't see network computer in Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see network computer in Explorer ?: Hi,I have several computer on my home network.My main desktop computer is dual boot Win-10 and Win-11When I boot into Win-11 I can see access all my network computers and devices in File explorer.But when I boot into Win-10 I can not see the network computers. I can see other...
  4. Can't see network computer in Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  6. can't see network computers

can't see network computers: can't see network computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-network-computers/96a1d87b-e1dc-4f59-8db5-a035eb374cd9
  7. Can't see computers on the network

Can't see computers on the network: I've tried soooo many things. I'll try to lay out all the facts and if anything comes to mind that might work, please let me know. I have Spectrum cable with an Arris cable modem. It goes to an Eero wireless unit. That goes to a little switch, which is wired to 2...
  8. Computer Can't See Itself On Network

Computer Can't See Itself On Network: I'm trying to map a network drive from my main server. I've done it a million times before. But now, for some reason, the computer can't see itself on the network! It doesn't show up in the network list! What am I doing wrong? Please view this screencastify to see what...
  9. Can't see computer in network

Can't see computer in network: My laptop and desktop are connected via crossover cable, I can ping and remote connect between them with a response, but for some reason they aren't showing up in the file explorer network...
  10. Can't See Networked Computer / Folders

Can't See Networked Computer / Folders: windows 10 pro. for the life of me i don't know why setting up a simple home network is such a pain in the neck, seems like it should a pretty darn easy deal. anyway, updated windows a couple of nights ago which of course wiped out my visible shared folders that, btw, i...