Windows 10: can't see one of my drives after clean install of Win 10

Discus and support can't see one of my drives after clean install of Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All, I had to do a clean install of Windows 10. Everything is fine except now I can't see one of my hard drives. I pull up File Explorer and drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by craigmh74, Jul 10, 2017.

1. craigmh74 Win User

can't see one of my drives after clean install of Win 10

All,

I had to do a clean install of Windows 10. Everything is fine except now I can't see one of my hard drives. I pull up File Explorer and drives C, D are there but no E. Is there a way I can fix this?? Before doing this I had 3 hard drives installed (C [main], D, E]

Craig

:)

craigmh74, Jul 10, 2017
  2. johnm328 Win User

no audio after clean install of Win 10.

Many thanks for all your help

johnm328, Jul 10, 2017
  3. no audio after clean install of Win 10.

Hello,

Please run Playing Audio troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. See if it helps you.

Hope this helps, Good luck can't see one of my drives after clean install of Win 10 :)

Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you please post a screenshot of Disk Management (or preferably Minitool Partition Wizard or similar if you have that)?

e.g.
    Windows key + X, click Disk Management
    To post a screenshot please use the insert image icon to the left of the video icon above your post

Check your missing disk has a drive letter allocated. If not, try assigning one.

dalchina, Jul 10, 2017
  5. craigmh74 Win User
    Here you go

I attached the screenshot to a Word doc.

craigmh74, Jul 10, 2017
  6. alphanumeric, Jul 10, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Like this please- make sure text in all columns is visible.

can't see one of my drives after clean install of Win 10 [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 10, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

I'll open anything *Wink

Here is their picture:

can't see one of my drives after clean install of Win 10 [​IMG]

9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jul 10, 2017
  10. Word Man Win User
    Also looks like there are more drives to see in graphic, notice scroll bar on right (not that it would necessarily tell us anything that the text doesn't).

Word Man, Jul 10, 2017
  11. alphanumeric, Jul 10, 2017
  12. I would say the issue is the one marked as Dynamic. It doesn't have a drive letter and thus won't show up in File explorer. Do you need the files on it? If not repartition and reformate it as a regular volume.

alphanumeric, Jul 10, 2017
  13. Berton Win User

As for the opening of .doc/.docx files, they can contain infected macros, dangerous.

Problems can occur when installing/reinstalling Windows and having more drives than needed actually connected to get Windows up and running, they can always be dealt with later.

Berton, Jul 10, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jul 10, 2017
  15. I had one internal drive become RAW during an upgrade. It was a while back, don't remember what build it was. I lost what was on it. I had backups anyway. I just had to partition and format it to get full use of it again.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can't see one of my drives after clean install of Win 10 - Similar Threads - can't drives clean

2. Can't install clean win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install clean win 11: I tried to make clean install of 11 and it said that my PC don't meet requirements.I am running WIn 11 Insider Build and my system meet requirements and also it said that win is active with digital licence and it don't accept win kay.why?...
  3. Can't install clean win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install clean win 11: I tried to make clean install of 11 and it said that my PC don't meet requirements.I am running WIn 11 Insider Build and my system meet requirements and also it said that win is active with digital licence and it don't accept win kay.why?...
  4. External USB drives not recognized after Win 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB drives not recognized after Win 10 clean install: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (newest version 2004) on my Dell i5 PC. This was a clean install to a reformatted drive C partition, part of a 240Gb SSD. I also have a second internal HD of 4Tb, which is partitioned into 4 1Tb drives. Prior to the reinstall, both Seagate...
  5. After Win 10 re-install I can't see my NAS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Win 10 re-install I can't see my NAS drive: Had to re-install Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex. Now I can't see the NAS drive using File Explorer. The files are all on the drive and I can see them using the Synology tools. What is the missing piece/ingredient here? thanks....
  6. I can't install one drive win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install one drive win 10 pro: Upgraded from win 7 to win 10 pro few years back. Looked for one drive recently. It was in start menu as "OneDrive", but would not start. Was in Apps & features as "Microsoft OneDrive". I tried to re-install, it would not. I uninstalled it. no longer in list. I tried...
  7. After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help!: Hey guys, After I clean installed win 10 2 days ago I'm not able to install my Nvidia driver. I get this error: “NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. Please update your driver using GeForce Experience...
  8. After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help!: Hey guys, After I clean installed win 10 2 days ago I'm not able to install my Nvidia driver. I get this error: “NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. Please update your driver using GeForce Experience...
  9. Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day: So yesterday I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto a Dell Optiplex 9030 (SSD drive) from a source I've been using on many machines without issue. Today, the user called me and said it blue screened which I thought was odd as I haven't had any Windows 10 workstations do...
  10. Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install: I've upgraded from Win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 via the upgrade install. The system indicates the Win 10 install is activated. Presently, this install is to buggy. I intend to wipe the disk clean and perform a clean install via bootable USD flash drive and the downloaded...