Windows 10: Can't see other computers on my network

Discus and support Can't see other computers on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by billsines55, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Can't see other computers on my network

I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in November. For a year this network has worked just fine, plug and play basically when I set it up, now after Christmas shutdown (2 weeks), I can't see any of the computers on this network. The only thing I can see is the media drive on a computer called 6Head2. All I really do is transfer files from this main computer out to those 8 other computers.

What is wrong with my computer? Network discover, file sharing all checked, network location was changed from Public to Private today by me. But it did work last year, even with the network location being public.

:)

billsines55, Jan 3, 2016

2. Cannot see other computers other than my own on the network - Windows 10

Hi,

Networking on Windows 10 1511 update is broken. You can access other Windows PCs - e.g by typing \\computer name into the search bar - but can't see them in File Explorer.

There are a raft of "fixes" out there but none of them work for me or many other people.

It' been a problems for weeks now and it's about time MS stepped up to the plate and fixed it.

BernieDouglas, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Cannot see other computers other than my own on the network - Windows 10

We can't even reach other machines by typing in the network path...Networked devices such as printers etc are all showing up however no other computers on the network can be see or accessed in the network explorer area.

It's frustrating since it is important that he be able to access a networked computer to access publicly available files on our network....No word on a patch or update I take it to resolve this issue?

DonovanBell, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Can't see other computers on my network

And I can connect to these computers using Teamviewer.

billsines55, Jan 3, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    You could try to go on the computer that has a shared folder and right click on the folder and stop sharing it then re-enable it.

When I have problems with shared folders and I don't feel like figuring out the problem I usually use a program called Softperfect network Scanner it's free
    SoftPerfect Network Scanner : fast, flexible, advanced

Here is what I do
    You can either enter the IP address manually or click on the IP icon and select it from a list, you can also add more IP ranges if you like by clicking on the + sine after the IP.

Can't see other computers on my network [​IMG]

Then enable it to scan for shared folders, The settings you change here will be saved even after closing the program. Then I click on Scan

It will scan all the computers on the IP range you selected above, When it finds your shared folders you double click on them to open in Windows file explorer or you can right click on them to Map them as a drive (Preferred) and they will always be available in Windows file explorer in This PC

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't see other computers on my network

1. Can't see other computers on my network - Similar Threads - Can't computers network

2. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  3. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  4. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. one computer can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  6. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  7. Can't see other computers and devices in network now.

Can't see other computers and devices in network now.: Concerning my home network. Just updated a Dell Optiplex 7010 with SSD, memory and a clean install of Win 10 , in an existing network of 3 PC's and a few devices. I could always see everything in the network previously to updating. I have had internet connection immediately...
  8. Not seeing other computers in network

Not seeing other computers in network: After january updates I haven't been able to see other computers in same network via file explorer, all computers are in same network since I can map as a drive shared folder (just takes bit longer than simply browsing with file explorer) and february update didn't fix it so...
  9. One computer on my network can't see the other

One computer on my network can't see the other: Hi, I'd love some help please. I have two Windows 10 PCs on the same network. One is on Wifi and the other connects to the wireless router via a power link plug socket. Within the Netwok tab of Windows Explorer, the desktop PC can see the laptop and can open the shared...
  10. Suddenly can't see other computers on network

Suddenly can't see other computers on network: We have three Windows 10 computers (2 desktop, 1 laptop) on a local network. All are in the same workgroup, all have discovery and sharing turned on on private/guest/all networks, password protection off, etc. Everything was working great until about a week ago. We don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i connect to another pc on my network