Windows 10: Can't see other devices in Network browser after 1803

Discus and support Can't see other devices in Network browser after 1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I have two machines that were updated to 1803, other than that I have few NVIDIA SHIELDs on the same network. On the first Windows machine I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shasoosh, May 19, 2018.

1. Shasoosh Win User

Can't see other devices in Network browser after 1803

Hey,

I have two machines that were updated to 1803, other than that I have few NVIDIA SHIELDs on the same network.

On the first Windows machine I took the next steps and devices & computers re-appeared on my network browser. On the second machine no matter what I've tried, the other devices are missing.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Network reset
    2. Made sure Network Discovery is ON
    3. Uninstalled and reinstalled my SMB 1 stuff from "Windows Features". (Restarted Windows)
    4. Tried:
    pconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    netsh int ip reset
    netsh winsock reset
    5. Read about turning "Function Discovery Resource Publication" on but that wouldn't help in my case as I have non Windows devices that uses SMB that my Windows machine can't see.
    I should add that on the Windows machine that see all the other devices "Function Discovery Resource Publication" is also turned on.

That's it. Computers and devices aren't seen. I can access them with \\192.... but they are not displayed in the Network Browser.

I've read all about Microsoft removing homegroup in 1803 but because I made it work on one machine I hoped it would also work on the other.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Shasoosh, May 19, 2018

2. Network will not show on the last device.

Hi James,

I suggest you to remove all the networks that are connected to your device and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems. If you recently upgraded to
    Windows 10, it's possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows. Check to see if an updated driver is available.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.

• In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software >
      Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.

• After installing the updated driver, select the Start
      Can't see other devices in Network browser after 1803 [​IMG]
      button >
      Power > Restart if asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a different PC and save
    it to a USB flash drive, so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Rely us with the status to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 20, 2018
  3. updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Thishis is helpful but not honestly the issue with Windows 10.

The problem is for Windows 10 to see ANY DEVICE or Network Device or Printer or USB drive is REBOOT!

But only after your suggestions. Example below of a posted thread I put on Facebook:

Let me get this straight please:

I have a Windows 95 and XP computer behind me and they see this computer on the network fine, but I have to reboot Windows 10 to see them?

Which OS sucks.........Windows 10 seems to be worse then Windows 95!!!!!!

You have to ask why do I need to Reboot Windows 10 at the drop of a hat to get anything done?

Windows 95 is better then Windows 10 as I did not have to REBOOT the Windows 95 Computer to see Windows 10!

My Gawd even a DOS machine is not this crappy! It sees the Windows 10 computer without a REBOOT!

Windows 10 is a clear step backwards in being backwards compatibility and function.

How did this product of Windows 10 ever make it out of the shop and onto our desktops?

RichardGilbertson, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Can't see other devices in Network browser after 1803

1. Can't see other devices in Network browser after 1803 - Similar Threads - Can't devices Network

2. I can't see devices in network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see devices in network: I am using an old Netgear Fast Ethernet Switch FS608 v2 connecting an ethernet cable from our cable modem router, which we rent from Sparklight to get our cable internet. I have a Mac mini running macOS Catalina, a Mac Pro running macOS Montery, and a Dell running the latest...
  3. I can't see devices in network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see devices in network: I am using an old Netgear Fast Ethernet Switch FS608 v2 connecting an ethernet cable from our cable modem router, which we rent from Sparklight to get our cable internet. I have a Mac mini running macOS Catalina, a Mac Pro running macOS Montery, and a Dell running the latest...
  4. I can't see devices in network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  6. Can't see other computers and devices in network now.

Can't see other computers and devices in network now.: Concerning my home network. Just updated a Dell Optiplex 7010 with SSD, memory and a clean install of Win 10 , in an existing network of 3 PC's and a few devices. I could always see everything in the network previously to updating. I have had internet connection immediately...
  7. Home Network seeing other computer/devices

Home Network seeing other computer/devices: I just installed windows 10 pro it isn't showing any of my other computers or printers 3 in total except for 1 and my Dlinks drive. One printer is connected by a 1 usb port print server the other is connected by way of the net drive (d-links) and other is connect thru...
  8. Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803

Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803: I've never used Homegroup but my two boxes always saw each other and shared files just fine. I have some networked TV tuners and 2 NAS's and they are seen with no problem but the two computers don't share at all. I've tried sharing only certain folders or files with no luck....
  9. Can't see other computers on my network

Can't see other computers on my network: I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in November. For a year this network has worked just fine, plug and play basically when I set it up, now after Christmas...
  10. Laptop can't see others on network

Laptop can't see others on network: Have 2 laptops (Windows 10 Home) and a desktop (Windows 10 Pro), all on same network, same workgroup and all are joined to the same homegroup. All have up to date Windows 10 creators update. The problem is, Under network in file explorer, One laptop and the desktop can see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1803 cant see other computers

2. unable to see network computer after 1803 update