Windows 10: can't see Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager

Discus and support can't see Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, can someone help me? I have installed the Windows 10 Pro v1703 b15063.332 in my Notebook LG N460. The audio is working but not so good. For any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kdantas, Jun 12, 2017.

1. kdantas Win User

can't see Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager

Hi, can someone help me? I have installed the Windows 10 Pro v1703 b15063.332 in my Notebook LG N460. The audio is working but not so good. For any reason the Windows 10 didn´t find the Realtek Audio device. So, I can´t see the "Realtek High Definition Audio" in the Device Manager - Sound, video and game controllers. How can I fix this issue without messed up the OS of my Notebook? Thanks.

Device Manager:

can't see Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager [​IMG]

AIDA64 Info:

can't see Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager [​IMG]

:)

kdantas, Jun 12, 2017

2. Dell XPS 13 9333: Sound stopped working in the middle of a video, now "no audio device installed" no matter what I try

As you can see from reading this thread, you have a couple of options:

1) Rolling back to the Windows driver (displayed as 'High Definition Audio Device' under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in Device Manager)

2) Using the Realtek driver (displayed as 'Realtek Audio' or 'Realtek High Definition Audio' under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in Device Manager)

If you can't see any of those options at the moment under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in Device Manager then it can be a bit of Catch 22 to get one of them to come back.

One option is try to uninstall the Realtek driver through the Control Panel (Control Panel->Programs->Uninstall a program). Select & uninstall 'Realtek High Definition Audio Driver' if it's listed.

If it's not listed then download and install the Realtek 6.0.1.7811 driver from the Realtek ftp site

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Page 87 - Windows 10 Forums

Even if you have problems with the Realtek driver (I have had some BSODs), once you have got it to appear in Device Manager you may be able to get it to roll back to the Windows driver.

SimonCornforth, Jun 12, 2017
  3. No sound from desktop front jack headphones or microphone

There was no sound at all but after uninstalling the AMD High Definition Audio Device and RealTek High Definition Audio drivers in Device Manager>Sound there was sound from the rear jack external speakers but not the front jack.

By right clicking on the sound icon>Playback devices, I get the rear external speaker displayed but I can't get the headphones to do so when I right click and click show disabled or disconnected devices.

I've also gone into Control Panel>Sound>RealTek Audio Device, but I can't see how to add the speakers and mic.

Suggestions gratefully appreciated.

StephenfromChch, Jun 12, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Go to the LG Support/Download Drivers, type in your Model#, choose your version of Windows 10 (ie) 32bit or 64bit and download the audio driver for your model

spunk, Jun 13, 2017
  5. kdantas Win User
    Hi @spunk, thanks for your answer. But on the lg support page don´t have the windows 10 audio driver for my notebook model. Just for Windows 7/8/8.1.

kdantas, Jun 13, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    That's OK, download the 8.1 driver. When you download it, it should unzip to a place on your HDD or you may need to do it manually. Take note of where it goes. The Setup should start automatically. If it fails, or if it doesn't start automatically, browse to the Unzipped folder, Right click Setup.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility make it Compatible with Windows 8.1, Run As Administrator.

spunk, Jun 13, 2017
  7. kdantas Win User
    Ok, I will try. Thanks.

kdantas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can't see Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager - Similar Threads - can't Realtek High

2. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager: Hello, I have a problem after installing the new windows 11 and namely it seems that when I plug my headphones into my computer via jack input, the system does not display that something is plugged in at all. When I go into the device manager and then into audio devices there...
  3. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager: Hello, I have a problem after installing the new windows 11 and namely it seems that when I plug my headphones into my computer via jack input, the system does not display that something is plugged in at all. When I go into the device manager and then into audio devices there...
  4. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager: I just got a new PSU and now my headphones and speakers wont connect. I've reinstalled the latest driver from my MoBo's website https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driverIt also doesn't show up in device manager. I've checked the...
  5. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager: I just got a new PSU and now my headphones and speakers wont connect. I've reinstalled the latest driver from my MoBo's website https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driverIt also doesn't show up in device manager. I've checked the...
  6. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio: When I go to Device Manager > Sound Video and Game controllers my Dell XPS 8940 has the Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.9228.1, 8/24/2021 installed. If I click Update driver > Browse my computer for Drivers > Let me pick from a list . . ., two "models" are listed under...
  8. Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio

Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio: When I go to Device Manager > Sound Video and Game controllers my Dell XPS 8940 has the Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.9228.1, 8/24/2021 installed. If I click Update driver > Browse my computer for Drivers > Let me pick from a list . . ., two "models" are listed under...
  9. realtek high definition audio driver not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek high definition audio driver not showing in device manager: Hi, I have dell XPS 9700 running Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2021 OS build 19042.685 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 The realtek high defintion audio driver is not showing under Device Manager >> Sound, Video and game...
  10. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager: XPS 15 9570 Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz I bought this computer two years ago and have never had any problems with it. I have been dealing with Wi-Fi/audio driver problems off and on for over a week now. I kept having to restart my computer often to fix these problems,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see realtek high definition audio

2. dont see realtech high definition audio

3. cant see realtek audio manager

4. why cant i see realtek audio manager using an amd computer,
  5. installed multiple realtek drivers but cant see in device manager,
  6. i dont see realtek hd audio manager in device manager under sound,
  7. i cant find realtek on my device manager,
  8. i dont see realtek hd audio manager under hardware and sound