Windows 10: Can't see users list on Win 10 Lockscreen

Discus and support Can't see users list on Win 10 Lockscreen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new acer desktop with win 10 home version 10.0.14393. The problem is after I lock my screen, I can't see the users so I can select... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 4hsc, Sep 20, 2016.

1. 4hsc Win User

Can't see users list on Win 10 Lockscreen

Hi,

I have a new acer desktop with win 10 home version 10.0.14393.

The problem is after I lock my screen, I can't see the users so I can select the user I want and enter the password.
    Mouse and keyboard are working.

It's a bit hard for me to explain so I video recorded it.

[youtube]fKlVg1D5CbU[/youtube]

When I restart my computer, I can log in, but after some time, like 30minutes or 1hour, if I lock my computer, the problem happens.

I already tried multiple things:
    - sfc /scannow
    - chkdsk
    - changed the advanced system settings from preffer performance to best appearance

Nothing worked, it's a pretty annoying issue since this is my work computer, and I use applications that take almost 5 minutes to load and acess data, and I pretty much have to restart my computer everytime I leave him. Leave him unlocked is out of the question.
    And I would prefer not to reinstall windows 10 since it took me alot of time to configure this computer and I don't want to do it again, but if i have to I will do it.
    And I don't have any restore point so I can't restore the machine.

Thank you all

:)

2. Can't use windows spotlight on lockscreen

i have the same issue.

And nothing is fixing it.

I have Win 10 EDU just update to Creator Update.

and i cant see spotlight option in the lockscreen menu.

SarmadShams, Sep 20, 2016
  3. thtstr Win User
    Anniversary Update causes lockscreens to disappear completely

I just updated a tablet to the AU, and all seems to be well except there is now no lock screen at all - so when I wake it up from a period where the screen's been off, it goes straight to the desktop every time.

Obviously this renders the tablet unusable if I want to carry it around anywhere, and it is near-impossible to Google solutions to the problem as every single other Windows 10 user seems to want to do the exact opposite (i.e. get rid of the lockscreen).

Has anyone else experienced this annoying bug, and if so, how did you solve it? I can't see anything in the settings related to switching the lockscreen on or off. According to WinAero's Tweaker, the lockscreen is already active.

(If I roll back to the previous build, the lockscreens are back)

thtstr, Sep 20, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

5. Bree New Member
    ...here:
    No login prompt at login screen

No solution yet, but you might like to keep an eye on that thread.

6. 4hsc Win User
    Thank you for your help, I tried searching the problem on google as I always do, but didn't find this particular problem, only similar ones where the mouse and keyboard don't work. In mine they work.
    I will be paying attention to that thread.

From that tutorial, so I can disable the lockscreen (where it shows the clock), but still have the sign in screen (where you enter the password) right?
    That would be fine for me *Smile

EDIT: I read it more carefully and I am right. So thank you again, I will be doing that while there's no fix.

7. Zmizis Win User
    this problem was simply fixed for me when i did *Start + L ._. , at least for now

Zmizis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't see users list on Win 10 Lockscreen - Similar Threads - Can't users list

2. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 can't see win 10 computers: I have 2 desktop computers running windows 10 home v. 22h2 and one running windows 11 home. the windows 10 computers can see the windows 11 computer but the win 11 can't see the win 10 computers. all networks are set to private and set to share without password protection....
  3. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

win 10 can't see win 10 computers: I have 2 desktop computers running windows 10 home v. 22h2 and one running windows 11 home. the windows 10 computers can see the windows 11 computer but the win 11 can't see the win 10 computers. all networks are set to private and set to share without password protection....
  4. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  7. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  8. Can't see user on windows 10 sign in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see user on windows 10 sign in.: Hello, Yesterday when trying to log into my account after a windows 10 update, I couldn't find my user anymore. It was just completely gone. I can see it if I sign into another account and try to sign in in through there, but when I click on the account it just moves me to...
  9. Can't see the list of wifi networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see the list of wifi networks: I can't see the wifi icon on taskbar or the little up arrow, when i go to the wifi list there is no wifi to connect to, network status appears to be a weird line, i'm also on windows 10 and on pc...
  10. Lockscreen user list - grey key icons duplicating user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lockscreen user list - grey key icons duplicating user accounts: Hello, On my new W10 machine (which is part of a domain) there are multiple sign-in buttons for the same account. First a profile picture with user name, followed by key icons with the word password behind it. Both options lead to the same account. Simular to this...