Windows 10: Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

Discus and support Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I've got two Windows 10(home) machines on the same LAN at my house. The NAS machine has a large HDD which I'd like to use a part of to relocate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by burgertime, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

Hello!

I've got two Windows 10(home) machines on the same LAN at my house. The NAS machine has a large HDD which I'd like to use a part of to relocate my Google Drive folder to(50GB!). Anyway, I have sharing turned on for the folder on the NAS machine, but that machine does not show up in file explorer when I click 'Network'. Oddly, I was able to map that folder and it works in the sense that I can transfer files from Machine 1 to the NAS.

I really need it to show up as part of the Windows network though, because Google Drive wants me to choose a destination, and I can't manually enter \\NAS\shared_folder.

I'm aware that this is likely an issue from a Windows update (1709 I think) where SMB 1.0 was removed. I have found ways to fix my problem using Group Policy Editor, but my Windows versions are both Home and that's not an option.

I have verified that File sharing is on, and Network discovery.

What can I do?

:)

burgertime, Jun 26, 2018
  2. richnich Win User

Network Map not showing all network machines

I have just upgraded 4 W7 machines to W10 to add to our 8 pc LAN. On checking the network map only the same 3 of the 8 are showing. I have pinged with IP and name and obtained a result, also checked advanced sharing settings and all correct and same as existing machines. The network is set to private. Any suggestions how I can get these machines to show the full network map

richnich, Jun 26, 2018
  3. Munki Win User
    networking problem

You want to share the Hard drive on the windows 7 machine, and map the network drive on the XP machine.

Munki, Jun 26, 2018
  4. Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jun 26, 2018
Thema:

Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

1. Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive - Similar Threads - Can't W10 machine

2. Can't connect to mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to mapped network drive: Can't log into drive on another compter because it changed the user email to a different email with a name to an unkown PC that kind of has the correct name but the username on the other computer does not exist with all the junk in the email. When I remote into the other...
  3. Can't connect to mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to mapped network drive: Can't log into drive on another compter because it changed the user email to a different email with a name to an unkown PC that kind of has the correct name but the username on the other computer does not exist with all the junk in the email. When I remote into the other...
  4. Can't see my network drive on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  5. Can't see my network drive on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  6. Can't map a network drive

Can't map a network drive: I'm having issues mapping a network drive on a computer only with a certain user. If I log on as another user it works fine. Both profiles have admin privileges. I've never seen this happen before...
  7. Can't Map a Network Drive

Can't Map a Network Drive: I have followed instructions on setting up a network drive but I am not able to select a folder. I have network and file sharing turned on. Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900) [img] 159363
  8. can't not see the map network drive in computer

can't not see the map network drive in computer: I have the problem with network drive appearing in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-not-see-the-map-network-drive-in-computer/83ea0731-2190-4513-9b57-3b9820e1c6b5
  9. Network Map not showing all network machines

Network Map not showing all network machines: I have just upgraded 4 W7 machines to W10 to add to our 8 pc LAN. On checking the network map only the same 3 of the 8 are showing. I have pinged with IP and name and obtained a result, also checked advanced sharing settings and all correct and same as existing machines. The...
  10. Network Map Detailed view

Network Map Detailed view: I set up a network when I used Windows 7, which has been inherited when I upgraded to Windows 10. It consists of: my PC, printer (wireless), WDTV, Sonos music thing and two routers. The second router simply extends my wireless cover. In Windows 7, I could display a network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect to w10 machine

2. cant see a machine in the network

3. cant see network drives win 10 home

4. cant see 2nd hdd on network sharing w10