Windows 10: Can't see Win10 PC on network after KB4041676 Cumulative Update

Discus and support Can't see Win10 PC on network after KB4041676 Cumulative Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 installed the KB4041676 cumulative update to 1703 build 15063.674 on my Toshiba notebook last night. Now the 3 other PCs on my home network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ohante, Oct 14, 2017.

1. ohante Win User

Can't see Win10 PC on network after KB4041676 Cumulative Update

Windows 10 installed the KB4041676 cumulative update to 1703 build 15063.674 on my Toshiba notebook last night. Now the 3 other PCs on my home network can't see the Toshiba anymore. But the Toshiba sees them and connects to the Internet via my Netgear router. Systems on the network:

* Desktop running Windows 7 64 bit
    * Desktop running Windows 10 32 bit
    * Notebook running Windows 7 32 bit
    * Notebook running Windows 10 64 bit

Options in Advanced sharing settings 'Private (current profile)' haven't changed:

[x] Turn on network discovery
    . . [x} Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices
    [x} Turn on file and printer sharing.

Under 'Settings > Update & security >Troubleshoot' I ran the 'Incoming Connections Troubleshooter > What are you trying to do > Share files and folders'. That reported, "Problems found - Windows requires more information to diagnose the problem. - Not fixed." I have yet to get any troubleshooters in Windows to fix these sorts of issues.

I don't use the Homegroup for sharing, preferring to share individual folders on various systems. So I have turned on password protected sharing on each system and have created user accounts on all systems for the same 4 users on all 4 systems.

Any suggestions on what may have caused this, and how to fix it?

Thanks for any thoughts on all this. *Smile

Edit: Also ran these troubleshooters with no success:
    * HomeGroup
    * Internet Connections
    * Network Adapter

Have also tried disabling antivirus
    Disabled the Windows 10 Firewall.
    Network properties on Toshiba shows IPv4 & IPv6 connections made in both Wifi & Ethernet individually.
    I am able to ping the Toshiba from the other systems.

:)

ohante, Oct 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 Update KB4041676

1. Did you ever "reinstall" Windows 8.1 before (or after) you upgraded to Win10?

2. When (approx.) date did you replaced the HDD with a SSD and then do a "clean install" of Win10?

3. What installation media did you use to do the "clean install" of Win10?

4a. How did you "reinstall" Win10 three (3) days ago?

4b, Why did you "reinstall" Win10 three (3) days ago?

5. Had KB4041676 been installed before you "reinstalled" Win10 three (3) days ago and if so, was the mouse working then?

6. How old is the mouse? Has bloody.com Support confirmed that it's fully-compatible with Windows 10 Version 1703 OS Build 15063.674 - as well as Windows 10
    Version 1709?

7. Do you see the same behavior when using a different (e.g., wired or wireless; newer) mouse?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS:

Mouses are fairly inexpensive these days. If a newer/different mouse works OK with KB4041676 and Windows 10 1709 installed, is troubleshooting the problem worth it?

There is a way to "block" KB4041676 but chances are you'll see the same behavior after installing the next cumulative update for Win10 1703 - as well as after upgrading to Win10 1709.

If the behavior's caused by a driver update which Windows Update installed, you can rollback (or reinstall) the driver & "block" it from installing again. Then you can configure your system such that no further driver update of any kind are ever install
    via Windows Update again.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 14, 2017
  3. rastlink Win User
    2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676)

Hello I can't install 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676

ho do I solve this issue

rastlink, Oct 14, 2017
  4. ohante Win User

Can't count the number of times I rebooted the systems the other day... always my #1 goto action to resolve this issue. But today after booting them up, the problem was gone. Maybe I just wasn't believing in fairies enough the other day Tinkerbell *Wink

ohante, Oct 15, 2017
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    Glad its working for you now, the only thing from your OP to check would have been your Security Settings on your shares

Clintlgm, Oct 15, 2017
  6. ohante Win User
    Ah yes... Security Settings on shares. I forgot about that @Clintlgm. Thanks for mentioning that. I'll add it to my checklist for future reference.

ohante, Oct 15, 2017
  7. Clintlgm Win User
    Yes I'll be looking out for that after this FCU update, the CU did change my setting and it took me awhile to figure it out.

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't see Win10 PC on network after KB4041676 Cumulative Update - Similar Threads - Can't Win10 network

2. Mac can't see PC on home network ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mac can't see PC on home network ?: My Mac running OSX Sierra can't see my Win-10 PC on my home network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-cant-see-pc-on-home-network/d081296d-624c-46b3-ad75-fb7f781d8285
  3. Can't see PC & laptop on network

Can't see PC & laptop on network: I have just purchased a brand-new laptop and I cannot get it to show on my network. I've gone into network & sharing and I've checked all the relevant boxes but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  5. PC can see networks but can't connect

PC can see networks but can't connect: For the last fortnight, I have had my PC connecting to the internet through a laptop that has a mobile hopspot set up. After a power cut last night my PC would have unexpectedly turned off. This means that although I can see the networks, my PC refuses to connect. I reset...
  6. Can't See Own PC Under Network

Can't See Own PC Under Network: My PC shares do not appear in its own Network window or on other PCs but it does appear if you enter the full path into Explorer e.g. \\My_Computer. All works fine after I do a Network Reset. I've tried all the usual configuration checks but only Network Reset seems to work....
  7. Update history shows it requires a restart (KB4041676)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update history shows it requires a restart (KB4041676): Windows update history still keeps showing it requires a restart to finish installing this update (KB4041676). After numerous times restarting it never goes away, did a System File Checker and DISM no problems. The Windows Version is what it should be after this update...
  8. BSOD after Win 10 security update KB4041676 or Win 10 Fall Creators

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Win 10 security update KB4041676 or Win 10 Fall Creators: Hi everyone, I hope someone can assist me. I'm having serious troubles since October 16. As far as I know, because this computer in troubles is remote, it has been restarting by serious crashes since Microsoft automatically installed the last security update. The first...
  9. Win7 PC not seeing online Win10 PC after boot

Win7 PC not seeing online Win10 PC after boot: I have a Windows 10 PC that is online 24/7, but when I start up a Windows 7 PC on the same network, it never sees the Win10 system after it finishes booting. I have to reboot the Win10 system while the Win7 system is still running in order for the Win7 system to get the Win10...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4041676 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.674

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4041676 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.674: *Arrow Download KB4041676 MSU for Windows 10 Version 1703 32-bit (x86) - 569.0 MB *Arrow Download KB4041676 MSU for Windows 10 Version 1703 64-bit (x64) - 976.2 MB 95159
  1. Brink
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 cant see win7 pc