Windows 10: Can't seem to start Windows 10 calendar. (Home edition version 1607)

Discus and support Can't seem to start Windows 10 calendar. (Home edition version 1607) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Morning. This is the first time I am trying to use the Calendar since I bought this laptop 6 months ago. I never logged on to the MS store. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JustRay, Sep 19, 2016.

1. JustRay Win User

Can't seem to start Windows 10 calendar. (Home edition version 1607)

Morning.
    This is the first time I am trying to use the Calendar since I bought this laptop 6 months ago.
    I never logged on to the MS store.
    The Calendar app came pre-loaded on my pc when I purchased it from Best Buy.

Windows 10 home premium.
    Version 1607 (after the latest updates from MS.)
    I log on with a local account.

I "left click" on "time of day" in the lower right corner of my screen and I get a pop up calendar.
    (So, I'm thinking, "this is good.")
    But when I click on the "+" symbol to add an event, the Calendar app tries to start, but then simply disappears.

The same thing happens if I click on the "Start" button and then scroll to "Calendar" and click on it.
    It tries to start (A blue Calendar screen appears for a moment) but then disappears.

Hmmmm.

I did an Internet search and a bunch of folks describe what sounds like a similar issue.
    The good folks seem to recommend different fixes.
    And some folks say they have not been able to fix the issue.

Couple of questions, if I might ..............
    Do I need to be signed into Windows 10 with a MS account in order to run Calendar ?
    (I'll bet the answer is no. But I "have" read a couple of "How to use the Calendar app" documents where it says you DO need to use an MS account.)

Has anyone experienced the above issue ?
    And if so, has anyone managed to fix it ?
    Or does anyone have some advice ?

:)

JustRay, Sep 19, 2016
  2. Janis T. Win User

Lumia 830 after Windows 10 update Outlook Mail and Calander not working, USB not connected (nor recognized, nor rejected)

After last Windows 10 mobile update for my Nokia Lumia 830 (version 1607, OS build: 10.0.14393.189) I can't

1) start Outlook Mail. When trying to start screen goes black for half second (or less) and than goes back to Home Screen.

2) start Outlook Calendar. the same as with Mail.

3) connect by USB to Windows 10 PC (windows 10 Home, version 1607, OS build: 14393.187). When connected phone is not shown. There are no notification (connection, rejection or not recognition). Phone is charging, but can't be acceded (seen) by PC.

Tried to restart Phone (with removing of battery) and PC. No effect. Checked for updates - everything is up to date.

Need urgent help!!!

Calendar on phone is essential for me, as well as Mail and USB connection options.

Janis T., Sep 19, 2016
  3. Lexmark X1270 Printer not compatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Questions?)

My Lexmark X1270 Printer does not work with the new Windows 10 Home Edition Anniversary Version 1607. I tried to reinstall the software, call Microsoft for support, uninstall and reinstall the device with no success.

My Lexmark X1270 Printer works fine with Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1511. All I had to do was reinstall the software.

Furthermore it is very difficult to go back to Version 1607 and stay there because Windows will reinstall the update as soon as you go back to the earlier version. They will not even let you set your computer to "metered connection" in Version 1607 to prevent
    updates. I did set my computer to a "metered connection" quickly upon reverting to Version 1511 to prevent Windows from being able to add the updates again for Version 1511.

Furthermore Windows 10 Home Edition Anniversary Version 1607 deleted all my System Restore points so anytime after the grace period of a few days to revert from the instillation of Windows 10 Home Edition Anniversary Version 1607 back to Windows 10 Home
    Edition Version 1511 I would not be able to go back.

I also tried Lexmark's website and phone support but they cannot help with this issue.

As I see it now, my only alternative for using Windows 10 Home Edition Anniversary Version 1607 is to buy a new printer which states that it is compatible with the new Windows 10 Home Edition Anniversary Version 1607.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my Lexmark X1270 to work with the new Windows 10 Home Edition Anniversary Version 1607?

How can I ask Microsoft to develop a way for my Lexmark X1270 printer to work on the new Windows 10 Home Edition Anniversary Version 1607 as it did on the Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1511?

gayboylacahotmail, Sep 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I've just tried this with a local user which I created for this.

Initially Calendar prompts for an account, so I filled in details of one of my email accounts.
    I launched Calendar, and could add an event.

So, in my experience, no, you don't to be signed into Windows 10 with a MS account in order to run Calendar.

I could suggest you try re-registering it (see the Tutorial section for example), but as I avoid the universal apps I can't offer a specific idea at this point. I do use a calendar, but it's a 3rd party freeware program.

dalchina, Sep 20, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Just in case you didn't find the tutorial, here it is:
    Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - Windows 10 Forums

More drastically, you can uninstall it and reinstall it - but it seems Mail and Calendar are combined in some way, so this could be inconvenient:
    [url='https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/uninstall-apps-in-windows-10.7592/[/url]

dalchina, Sep 20, 2016
  6. JustRay Win User
    Okay then.
    Things seem to be working now.
    Regardless of if my account is an Administrator or standard user.
    An regardless of if the accounts are local or Microsoft. (I tested everything)

How ?
    I pasted the following in my browser: windowsreport.com/windows-10-app-wont-open/
    And then followed the instructions.
    It was step 8, that seems to have fixed it for me.
    It wasn't working after step 7 (I know. Cuz I tested it.)
    It was step 8.
    And for all I know, I could have skipped directly to step 8 and the Calendar would have started working.
    Oh well.

I believe I found the above (windowsreport.com/windows-10-app-wont-open/), somewhere on "this" site.

Prior to the above, I did almost everything that people and articles suggested.
    Including the MS trouble shooter for windows apps tool, and the power shell commands for uninstalling and then reinstalling the apps.
    Nothing worked for me until I followed the above.

Thanks for the kindness and all the suggestions.

So, the bottom line is ...........
    Things are working now.

JustRay, Sep 22, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Great- often without any diagnostic info it's a guessing game unless someone's solved exactly the same problem which arose for exactly the same reason.

Now you've got your PC up and running, here's what we recommend very strongly to help people recover from problems relatively quickly and easily:
    Creating disk images lets you restore Windows and all your disks and partitions to a previous working state, quickly and probably without technical help.

You can recover from:
    - a failed disk drive (restore to a new one)
    - ransomware (which encrypts your disk)
    - user error
    - unrecoverable problems from failed updates to problem programs
    - unbootable PC (hardware faults aside)

Images also act as a full backup- you can extract files too.

You can even use images to help you move more easily and quickly to a new PC.

Imaging can even help you sleep at night knowing you have a second chance.

Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) as a good robust solution and more reliable than some others. It’s
    - more feature rich
    - more flexible
    - more reliable
    than Windows Backup and Restore system images.

It's well supported with videos, help and a responsive forum.

dalchina, Sep 22, 2016
  8. JustRay Win User

Done ! (After reading your reply and before responding.)

I thank you for your, very sound, advice.

*Smile

JustRay, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't seem to start Windows 10 calendar. (Home edition version 1607) - Similar Threads - Can't seem start

2. windows 10 version 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 version 1607: My computer has been in storage for awhile, When i got it out and turned it on it started updates automatically. My problem is I am on version 1607 and update is taking it to version 20h2.. The system is locking up and wont upgrade. Is there a need to upgrade in window...
  3. Windows 10 home edition can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 home edition can't login: Help I'm getting Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with you're new password, and then you can sign in with your pin. I have reset my microsoft password on a different device and typed that in on my laptop but it just says...
  4. update to windows 1607 win home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update to windows 1607 win home edition: Why am I not getting the next win update 1703? I have win home 1607 My win update continuously tries to update a Feature update to win 1803 unsuccessfully of course. Does any one know how I can fix this?...
  5. Issue with Windows 10 version 1607

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Windows 10 version 1607: The option ‘show window side by side’ is not responding but it shows window stacked. I have Windows 10 version 1607. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/issue-with-windows-10-version-1607/e843b827-3494-43ef-9035-04d04e39c0c4
  6. Windows 10 1607 - Firefox will not start

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 1607 - Firefox will not start: I have been unsuccessful updating two machines to Windows 10 1607. During my latest attempt Firefox would not display its browser screen. If I looked at task manager I could see firefox32* loaded. If I tried to start Firefox again, I would get another firefox32* but no...
  7. Windows 10 version 1607 will not load

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 version 1607 will not load: Have Lenovo v570 and 2 nights ago MS pushed update version 1607 for windows 10. PC had basically a black screen with blue Windows logo in center of screen with a small spinning wheel like in lower center. I let the go for several hours and then pushed to old power button. PC...
  8. Windows 10, version 1607

Windows 10, version 1607: After this update I have a Windows-Old folder, 17.6 gig. Can this folder be deleted? Happy with update and will not go back to 1511. 64037
  9. Windows 10 update to version 1607

Windows 10 update to version 1607: I did not know the "Anniversary Update" would install, like, Windows 11. (may well have been) I first had issues with the update error 'Can't yada, yada due to USB device. I found a reg fix for that. Loaded the update and it took like forever. OK, finally finished and last...
  10. Internet Issues (Windows 10 Home Version:1607 Build: 14393.1066)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Issues (Windows 10 Home Version:1607 Build: 14393.1066): I am having a problem connecting to the internet. A few days ago both Ethernet and Wi-Fi was working, now when I try to connect to a network for wifi it shows that its connected however it says "No Internet, Secured" when I connect it to Ethernet (which was more reliable...