Windows 10: Can't select custom search engine in Chrome

Discus and support Can't select custom search engine in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Okay so in Chrome under "manage search engines" there are 2 sections - "default search engines" and 'other search engines'. Under "other search... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rivre, Aug 4, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

Can't select custom search engine in Chrome

Okay so in Chrome under "manage search engines" there are 2 sections - "default search engines" and 'other search engines'. Under "other search engines" I added a few custom ones like duckduckgo, startpage, etc., but Chrome won't let me select any of them as default. The only ones it allows me to select for default is the ones under "default search engines". What's the point of me adding other search engines if I can't make them the default?

Am I missing something?

:)

rivre, Aug 4, 2016

2. Can't set Google as default search engine on Microsoft Edge Browser

There isn't an option to change search engine. The only selection for Search engine is Bing. This is very unprofessional Microsoft and not the best to way win customer trust. Let us choose what we want as a search engine and stop resetting our bookmark
    imported from Chrome.

Going back to chrome...

duy.k.nguyen, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Yahoo has hijacked me

If you are using Firefox:

Click the 'Open menu' at the top right hand corner - looks like a Hamburger

Click Search

In the default search engine list box, choose Google

If you are using Google Chrome:

Click the Customize and Control Chrome menu represented by the three vertical dots in the top right corner.

Click Settings

In the search box, type the word: search

Click in the Set which search engine is used when searching from within the omnibox list box

Choose Google

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Can't select custom search engine in Chrome

1. Can't select custom search engine in Chrome - Similar Threads - Can't select custom

2. Google chrome and other search engines not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google chrome and other search engines not responding: A few days back when I opened Chrome it didn't load and showed a message that page is not responding, I tried other engines like mozilla, egde. All of them are showing the same message, that the page is not responding. I have already dissabled all add ons for engines. Still...
  3. search engine

in Cortana
    search engine: pretty interesting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/b4e24788-6491-449b-9baa-ff6b35bd2bc2
  4. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  5. Google Chrome Search Engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome Search Engine: Today on Google Chrome I noticed the search engine had changed to Yahoo! and going into setting I was unable to change it back to Chrome/ uninstall Yahoo! I went to the list of programs on my pc and tried uninstalling Search Powered by Yahoo! but it didnt work either. Is...
  6. chrome search engine not responing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chrome search engine not responing: For the past 12 hours my deck top will not open google chrome. AW Snap! is the only message. I have tried to open setting but it will not work with the internet explorer that I am forced to use....
  7. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  8. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  9. Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows How to Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can use the address bar (omnibox) as a search box. It automatically uses Google by default, but you can set another...
  10. Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible?: Has anybody figured out if it is finally possible to customize the "Universal Start Menu search" or replace the Bing Search by Google search or any other prefered online search engine? In Windows 8.1 that was sadly not possible and i assume it won't be possible to...