Windows 10: Can't Send Attachment in Word 2016 Through Thunderbird -- Help

Discus and support Can't Send Attachment in Word 2016 Through Thunderbird -- Help in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I cant send mail as an open attachement in word 2016 through thunderbird. When I try to, Word gives an error. So just to give you steps into the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by yahanna, May 4, 2017.

1. yahanna Win User

Can't Send Attachment in Word 2016 Through Thunderbird -- Help

I cant send mail as an open attachement in word 2016 through thunderbird. When I try to, Word gives an error.

So just to give you steps into the problem:
    1. I open up the doc.
    2. While its still open, in Word I go to File>Share>Email>Send As Attachment.
    3. TB loads in the background.
    4. I get this message in Word: "Word couldn't send mail because of mapi failure: attachment not found"

Just to let you know, I have no problem sending this as a PDF when I choose the "Send as PDF" option in Word. How do I fix it so that I'm able to send as Word attactment through TB?

** PLEASE DO NOT SAY THIS IS A THUNDERBIRD ISSUE. I'VE SEEN MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THUNDERBIRD. ITS PURELY A WORD ISSUE.***

:)

yahanna, May 4, 2017

2. sharing windows docs

ever since the update around the first of the year I can't send word, excel..... docs through outlook. I can attach them from a file but not through the file/share command.

word could not send mail because of MAPI failure: "operation not supported"

BartLaemmel, May 4, 2017
  3. Please tell me how to attach and send a document such as a resume when applying online applications?

Which email client are you using?

Outlook.com:

Using file attachments in Outlook.com - Outlook.com Help

Windows Mail:

How to Send Mail Attachments in Windows 10 - For Dummies

Outlook 2016 - part of Microsoft Office:

Attach a file to an email in Outlook 2016 for Windows
    - Outlook

PDF stands for Portable Document Format. It is a way to view electronic documents without loosing formatting. So if you prepare a Word document with lots of fancy formatting, you can save it as a PDF and send it to someone who doesn't have Word installed. They
    will be able to view it just like if they had Word installed.

Word and Excel 2013: How To Save Documents to PDF ... - groovyPost

Andre Da Costa, May 4, 2017
  4. Can't Send Attachment in Word 2016 Through Thunderbird -- Help

Caledon Ken, May 4, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    It could also be a website issue, due to the issues in recent years with word macro viruses some company mail servers are set-up to reject DOC & DOCx documents as well as things like DOTx and even XLSx. some are also set to not even send out a failure message (spammers often use the refusal message to show an address is "Live" and concentrate other methods

It's unlikely in your case but may be worth a check

Barman58, May 4, 2017
  6. Golden Win User
    Golden, May 4, 2017
  7. yahanna Win User
    yahanna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Send Attachment in Word 2016 Through Thunderbird -- Help

1. Can't Send Attachment in Word 2016 Through Thunderbird -- Help - Similar Threads - Can't Send Attachment

2. Thunderbird email inserts a photo attachment into the message as well as the attachment....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbird email inserts a photo attachment into the message as well as the attachment....: Hello everyone I've Just downloaded Thunderbird. All good except it inserts a photo attachment into the message as well as the attachment. Various Email help suggests "Go to view and uncheck..etc," but there is no such item in the view menu. Please help, greeting to all
  3. can't send emails with attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't send emails with attachments: I'm trying to send an email with an attachment and I keep getting the message: "Message could not be sent. check your network and try again" Last night I had the same problem. Earlier today it was working fine. Messages I send without attachments work fine. My system is...
  4. Sending attachments

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sending attachments: Anytime I try to send or receive a photo i get the message the this attachment may contain a dangerous virus so windows has decided to shut the attachment why. My Norton tells me there are no viruses in my system so why is Microsoft telling me otherwise...
  5. Word 2016

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 2016: I am unable to open home page I have reinstalled the product but I still cannot open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2016/1534d006-b45d-41a6-85c6-cb5274dcc1f4"
  6. send to not opening an email in Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    send to not opening an email in Thunderbird: On 3/1/2019 the right click send to mail stopped working, for pictures and for pdf documents. I am using Windows 10 and Thunderbird. At one point I got an error message that another program was using my mail. Restarting produced the same error....
  7. Outlook 2016 Not Sending Attachments After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2016 Not Sending Attachments After Update: Since the Fall Update, I can no longer send emails with attachments on Outlook 2016. I understand that the size limit for attachments is 20 mb but my emails with attachments only total 7 mb so this does not seem to be an issue. Prior to the update, I could send emails with...
  8. Thunderbird request for help.

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird request for help.: In my Thunderbird (52.9.1 (32-bit) profile I have the following folders: Cache Cache.Trash7607 Cache.Trash31576 Cache2 OfflineCache startupCache each of which contains more files I can shake a stick at. I was on the point of deleting one and all but got cold feet at the last...
  9. Attachments not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attachments not sending: Hi there Why is it that sometimes my attachments don't send to the recipients even when I've double checked that they're there before hitting send? How can I prevent this from hapenning? Kit...
  10. Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016: Having all sorts of problems. Finally managed to import my thousands of saved emails (had to buy a program to do it) but cannot get them to be sub-folders of the inbox, only down at the bottom as "Outlook data file". Cannot import contacts. I export to csv but they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. send as attachment from word to thundirbird

2. thunderbird cant send attached word documents