Windows 10: Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

Discus and support Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently installed Win10 Home on my laptop, and the only color choices I have for the accent are a set of about 50 color swatches, all of which are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lizking, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Lizking Win User

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

I recently installed Win10 Home on my laptop, and the only color choices I have for the accent are a set of about 50 color swatches, all of which are pretty garish. This tutorial shows an option to set color with HSB, which I used in the past in 8.1, but those options are absent in 10. I tried setting the desktop to the color I wanted for the taskbar and selecting "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" but all that did was set the color to be the color swatch closest to the color I was using.

:)

Lizking, Aug 1, 2015

2. Change the Color of Individual Live Tiles Windows 10

Hi, sabinopagano,

You can easily change the color of your Start Menu and Taskbar.

Head to Settings > Personalization > Colors to get started. Windows lets you pick a single accent color from a small group of colors. That color will show on your Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. Just click any color you want to use.

You can also let Windows pick an accent color for you based on your current background wallpaper by selecting the “Automatically pick an accent color from my background” option.

10 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

Smittychat., Aug 1, 2015
  3. How do I change the background color of the taskbar?

Hi,

Sorry for that. Edited

How to Change the Color of Taskbar

1. Select Start >Settings

2. Select Personalization and then choose
    Colors.

3. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, select the
    Start, taskbar, and action center and Title bars check boxes.

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color [​IMG]

4. To manually select an accent color, choose one under Recent colors or Windows colors, or select
    Custom color for an even more detailed option.

Credits to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026865/windows-10-change-start-menu-taskbar-action-center-colors

Hope this helps

Kyah Pembaryah, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

1. Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color - Similar Threads - Can't set custom

2. How to turn Accent Color On or Off for Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn Accent Color On or Off for Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows 11 comes with different attractive themes. You can apply your favorite theme via the Settings app. When you apply a theme, Windows automatically applies color to the Taskbar and the Start menu as per the selected theme. But if you want, you can change the...
  3. Can't change taskbar and accent colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change taskbar and accent colors: Hi my name is John, I worked as a software developer for 30 years, programming IBM Mainframes as well as PC's. I am currently retired, my question regarding Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Settings is why in Windows 10 Pro 64-BitVersion 20H2Installed on‎12/‎4/‎2020OS...
  4. Set Taskbar Accent Color very different

Set Taskbar Accent Color very different: How to make the chosen/selected task red when all other tasks are blue. I have a poor vision so I can not distinguish different shades or lighter/darker or similar colors. Changing colors in settings is not a problem. But they are different shades of the same colors....
  5. setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar

setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar: I have a case# 1469569042 regarding taskbar colors, in setting colors, start task bar [ATTACH] This is grayed out and I cannot change colors [Moved from: Windows Insider Program ]...
  6. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start Menu and Taskbar customization: Hi everyone, Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half...
  7. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start Menu and Taskbar customization: Hi everyone, Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half...
  8. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Support
  9. Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10

Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10: I followed this article which used registry editor to change color: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/add-cu...bar-windows-10 But for me it is not working properly, the color does not change and if changes, the start menu color does not change? Can anybody put up a proper...
  10. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482