Windows 10: Can't set my laptop wifi to static ip address! No internet access!

Discus and support Can't set my laptop wifi to static ip address! No internet access! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently changed my wifi network card to Intel Centrino 6235-N. I can only access internet if I choose dynamic ip address. If I set it to static then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by snickie, Aug 10, 2015.

1. snickie Win User

Can't set my laptop wifi to static ip address! No internet access!

I recently changed my wifi network card to Intel Centrino 6235-N. I can only access internet if I choose dynamic ip address. If I set it to static then I only get limited access, the wifi icon has a yellow triangle.
    I've tried every possible solution to get my wifi to use static ip; reinstalling driver, changing driver, use secpol.msc to get my "unidentified network" to use a private profile not public. All this to no avail.
    How do I get my laptop to use a static ip address? I've never had this problem of setting a static ip address in any of my computers being Windows or Linux. Only my Windows 10 (build 10240 RTM) laptop refuse to cooperate!
    Regards

:)

snickie, Aug 10, 2015

2. Lumia 620

my Lumia 620 has detected wifi in our office but there is no internet connection. And I can't change the IP address ,DSN .

because under the wifi setting there is only wifi sense and Mange. but in some phone there is static ip which uses to edit the setting.

please help me.i cant upload and make update my phone.

Thanks.

GirmayGebreegziabher, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 cannot connect to the internet with a static IP

I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10. I have this laptop for work and home. I am able to use the WIFI connection at home to get access to my internet, but when I go to work to use it we have to use a static IP (not my choice). When
    using the static IP the computer tells me that I have no network connection, but I can still print to the network. If I am connected by Ethernet I do not have any trouble with connection. It seems that the only difficulty is when I try to connect to the
    internet using a WIFI connection. I have checked the IP address multiple times to verify it is keeping the address and it is correct. Any suggestions?

JeannaHerring, Aug 10, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

some viruses can block network settings modifications, i have no problems to set any of network settings on my computers however

batlhilz, Aug 10, 2015
  5. snickie Win User
    Well this answer didn't help me. And my computer has absolutely no viruses or malware! I have scanned it with several tools. I don't think you understand the problem I'm having.

snickie, Aug 10, 2015
  6. me75006 Win User
    Check your router settings, you may need to define/designate a range of ip addresses where a static ip is allowed.
    You then would pick a static ip from that range and use it.

me75006, Aug 10, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    Are you trying to set a IP4 address in device properties?

This has not worked for a while (Win 10 Build 10049 - Problems with Ethernet properties - Windows 10 Forums) and doesn't work for me on RTM. The properties is greyed out...

Perhaps you would like to say if you are trying to make a static Ip on your internal network (192.168.x.x) or if you are trying to make a static external IP on the internet.

Can't set my laptop wifi to static ip address! No internet access! [​IMG]

8. snickie Win User

Thanks for your input but this was not the problem!

snickie, Aug 10, 2015
  9. snickie Win User
    I'm trying to set a static ip on my internal network. My router takes care of the external ip which is dynamic by my ISP supplier.

snickie, Aug 10, 2015
  10. snickie Win User
    SOLVED!
    First I removed all drivers (again) in the Device Manager. Then I logged out from my Microsoft account and logged in to my local account. Then I rebooted my laptop. Once again installing my wifi driver and suddenly I could set a static ip address and connect to the internet!
    I guess W10 has some bugs to clobber out...
    Thank you all for giving me input.
    Regards

snickie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't set my laptop wifi to static ip address! No internet access! - Similar Threads - Can't set laptop

2. Static IP Address for Microsoft Azure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Static IP Address for Microsoft Azure: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  3. Setting static ip fails to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting static ip fails to connect to wifi: Windows 10 pro - 20H2 os build: 19042.685 I need to set my IP to 10.17.10.100/255.255.255.0 so other computers can always locate it. In the Settings window, I change the IP setting from dynamic to manual and set the IP address: 10.17.10.100 Subnet prefix length: 24...
  4. Losing Internet Connection with Static IP

Losing Internet Connection with Static IP: Hi, We recently move our DHCP service on Unify USG gateway and there are problems happen when we set up static IP for any computer, no matter we put the IP address out of the DHCP range or the one preferredin the DHCP range by system, it will lost internet connection...
  5. Setting a persistent static IP address?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting a persistent static IP address?: Backstory: My HTPC runs Windows 10. Most of the time it's just running Kodi, but I also have a samba/network share up so that I can access my Music folder from around the house on my phone or laptop. The IP on that computer was previously set to a static IP (192.168.1.100,...
  6. IP static of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IP static of my laptop: Hi I'm Mahdi from Iran. My laptop is stolen and I want to find that and the thief location.I'm worried about my laptop and personal files. I tried to locate that but I couldn't. I need static IP of my laptop when he use of my device. How can I get static IP? Can you find...
  7. Internet for static ip??

Internet for static ip??: Hi, I have a computer with a static ip of 10.19.1.100 which is connected to a router. How can I get internet access to it? The router has a with an ip of 172.x.y.1 and a DNS of 172.x.y.103. I tried giving my computer a DNS of 172.x.y.103 but that did nothing. Is this...
  8. How to set a Static IP Address in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set a Static IP Address in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are experiencing trouble with your network connection and have it configured to DHCP then, figuring out your IP address can be quite a task. Using Static IP Address helps avert IP address conflicts between networked devices and enables [...] This post...
  9. setting static ip address on my home lan

setting static ip address on my home lan: I've decided to give all my home pc / network adapters a static ip. I've had a lot of issues with shared network resources and this was one of the recommendations So in my Billion 7800nxl i mapped my Network adapters IP address and Mac addresses. I then set my wifi...
  10. No internet connection with static IP

No internet connection with static IP: Hi guys, I have a strange issue with Win10, I'm trying to assign a static IP so I can RDP to the machine and use wake on lan. When the pc has a DHCP assigned IP it can access the internet but when I assign a static one(even the one DHCP assigned) it gets no internet...