Windows 10: Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS)

Discus and support Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We're having an issue in our office that has me stumped. We have 5 machines, all on Windows 10, and 5 IP phones. The IP phones need to be connected via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ryancgarrett, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS)

We're having an issue in our office that has me stumped. We have 5 machines, all on Windows 10, and 5 IP phones. The IP phones need to be connected via ethernet, and since we don't have access to an ethernet connection in our building, we share the wifi from the computer to the phone.

The process I used to set up the machines can be found here: Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) - Windows Help

Once set up, each computer and each phone worked great. Then, one by one, the computers stopped treating the ethernet cable as an outbound connection (sharing the signal from the wifi) and started calling it an "unidentified network" with "no internet access" and the phone attached no longer had a connection.

When each computer decides to stop sharing (every few days or so a new one calls it quits) we have just used a working one to share with a switch, and then share to multiple phones from the switch. One by one each computer stopped sharing, and 30 minutes ago the last one stopped, and all our phones are down.

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to why the stop sharing, or any discernable pattern. Any help would be greatly appreciated, since our business has no phones now and we are getting angry emails from customers *Shock

:)

ryancgarrett, Feb 9, 2016
  2. witchmark Win User

Cannot enabled internet connection sharing? (null) error

Fixed by attempting to enable ICS for Ethernet instead, and then going back (after inevitably restarting my laptop because it froze) and then sharing the connection with wifi.

witchmark, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Reveem Win User
    Internet Connection Sharing stops working after Windows update.

I use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) to get wifi on my desktop, I use my laptop, and I have a Ethernet chord running from my laptop to my desktop, but whenever I update my laptop, ICS stops working and I dont get WiFi on my desktop, so I have
    to revert to an older version, is there a way to fix this, or a way to make it where my computer stops trying to download updates?

Reveem, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS)

1. Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS) - Similar Threads - Can't share WiFi

2. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  3. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  4. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trouble with WIFI Internet Connection Sharing ICS over ethernet adapter on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with WIFI Internet Connection Sharing ICS over ethernet adapter on windows 10: Desktop PC win10 with two network adapters WIFI card and Ethernet on motherboard is connected to the internet through WIFI adapter. TOPBOX is connected through Ethernet port DHCP is enabled on TOPBOX on that desktop. When I activate Internet Connection Sharing on WIFI adapter...
  6. Trouble with WIFI Internet Connection Sharing ICS over ethernet adapter on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with WIFI Internet Connection Sharing ICS over ethernet adapter on windows 10: Desktop PC win10 with two network adapters WIFI card and Ethernet on motherboard is connected to the internet through WIFI adapter. TOPBOX is connected through Ethernet port DHCP is enabled on TOPBOX on that desktop. When I activate Internet Connection Sharing on WIFI adapter...
  7. Trouble with WIFI Internet Connection Sharing ICS over ethernet adapter on windows 10

8. ICS Sharing on Win-10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ICS Sharing on Win-10: on Windows 10 i am currently sharring my main internet to other ics but everytime i restart the pc shared ics loose the internet have to do re share it any solution for this?...
  9. Internet sharing via ethernet Win10

Internet sharing via ethernet Win10: I have a need to be able to share a wifi internet connection via ethernet. I want to be able to connect wirelessly to a wifi captive portal with my computer, then connect a router to the computer and share the wifi internet source through the router. The reason is that the...
  10. Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet

Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet: Hi, I'm having problems with trying to share my Wi-Fi connection to another device via Ethernet. When I plug the cord in it says, "Unidentifiable network" and "no access type" If I run the troubleshooter, it says, "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"...