Windows 10: Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available"

Discus and support Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I've seen similar, but not quite the same question being asked. I have a laptop which has windows 10, and I'm the sole user on a single account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stephen O'Reilly AA, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available"

Hello,I've seen similar, but not quite the same question being asked. I have a laptop which has windows 10, and I'm the sole user on a single account. After an update I can't sign in to the laptop as I get the above message. The "set up my pin" option doesn't do anything at all. I have tried using a password, but this doesn't work with my microsoft account I can log in with this on desktop without issue.I've seen other solutions including starting in safe mode/command prompt/system restore, but all of these require a password, so I can't log in at all to the laptop to try any method so far s

:)

Stephen O'Reilly AA, Feb 21, 2024

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available"

Pin problem

Visit Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10
    Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10 | Password Recovery
    See if it’s helpful.

Included is this screen shot

Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available" 294951d1598615551t-cannot-verify-identity-log-password.jpg

Since you have a Microsoft account, you should see this instead
    Microsoft account sign-in options

Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available" 294952d1598615645t-cannot-verify-identity-microsoft-account-sign-options.jpg

If this doesn't work, there are other procedures available to consider.
    --- Some of them include registry changes.
    --- Are you familiar with working in the registry?

BTW, have you saved your data along with a system image backup ready?

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available"

1. Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available" - Similar Threads - Can't sign something

2. Something Happened And Your Pin isn't available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something Happened And Your Pin isn't available: I was facing somekind of problem .Then i watched how to fix it then some random guy told me to go to config then go to services and disable miscrosoft.Since i did that stupud thing without knieing i am unable to login to my pc saying "Something Happened And You Pc isn't...
  3. Something happened and your pin isn't available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something happened and your pin isn't available: I don't know what happened to my laptop it is stuck on home screen and nothing is happening it's just showing that something happened and your pin isn't available I don't know what happed to my laptop it is a laptop of HP and I tried to off all msconfic and after that when I...
  4. Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available": Hello,I've seen similar, but not quite the same question being asked. I have a laptop which has windows 10, and I'm the sole user on a single account. After an update I can't sign in to the laptop as I get the above message. The "set up my pin" option doesn't do anything at...
  5. Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available"

Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available": Hello,I've seen similar, but not quite the same question being asked. I have a laptop which has windows 10, and I'm the sole user on a single account. After an update I can't sign in to the laptop as I get the above message. The "set up my pin" option doesn't do anything at...
  6. Something happened and your PIN isn't available.

Something happened and your PIN isn't available.: Unable to login at all even in safe mode. Tried to reset PC but no option to keep my app/programs. Windows hello cant lod camera.No recovery point was created...
  7. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your PIN isn't available: When I open my laptop and try to log in it says something happened and your pin isn't availableI tried restarting and turning off my laptopIt started happening after I tried to reset my laptop because it was bluescreening and when I tried to reset it it didn't work and then...
  8. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

Something happened and your PIN isn't available: Something happened and your PIN isn't available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/3e7a52b4-56e1-44c0-ad00-62924e2ff901
  9. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

Something happened and your PIN isn't available: ...Click to set up your PIN again.But if I click that I see Just a moment... and nothing really happens and Windows goes back to the Something happened. How do I get a working Windows 11 system?...
  10. Something happened and your pin isn't available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your pin isn't available: I cant sign in to my laptop because it says that.There is no wifi button in lockscreen and i tried to connect in LAN portI tried also to reset and startup repair and it doesntThanks for helping...