Windows 10: Can't sign in to new User Profile

Discus and support Can't sign in to new User Profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on an HP laptop last year. I can create a new user profile but receive the error message "The User Profile... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cmango, Oct 26, 2017.

1. cmango Win User

Can't sign in to new User Profile

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on an HP laptop last year. I can create a new user profile but receive the error message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" when I try to sign in to it, with no further explanation of what to do. I see alot of people with this problem on forums. I tried a few of the simple fixes. I don't want to do anything drastic like reinstall Windows 10. Is there an update from Microsoft that will fix this issue for users? It's Oct. 2017 and this issue has been affecting Windows 10 users for years now...

:)

cmango, Oct 26, 2017

2. New User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded (Windows 10 1511)

Hi,

Start-up Repair

Fix problems that keep Windows from loading

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Al_Tech Win User
    New User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded (Windows 10 1511)

Dear Sangeeta

As you never came back to me again following my reply dated 19th January, I decided to take drastic action and in the end, I solved the issue by performing a clean install of Windows 10 and then used my mother's new Microsoft Account to sign in on startup
    which worked fine. This is what I couldn't do before as it would just bring up the "New User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" error so I am putting it down to a glitch in Windows 10 and hopefully I won't be affected by it
    again.

I therefore declare this case closed and am sorry that there was not a more preferable solution offered that might have helped any other users out there who are experiencing this frustrating problem.

Al_Tech, Oct 26, 2017
  4. cmango Win User

I solved the issue. I am receiving automatic updates because my computer does install updates every so often, but I apparently had an earlier build of Windows 10 than is available now. There is a fall creators update, which is found by going here: Download Windows 10. It's the same page you would download Windows 10 from. I clicked on "Update Now" to download the update, which took hours to download and install. It solved the problem though as now I am able to sign into secondary User Profile.

cmango, Nov 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't sign in to new User Profile - Similar Threads - Can't sign User

2. User Profile not Signing in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile not Signing in: Every time I try to start my PC, it says “The User Profile service failed the sign-in. User could not be loaded”. It works after I restart it, but it always happens whenever I start my computer and it gets annoying. I have had looked at many tutorials on YouTube on how to fix...
  3. User Profile not Signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile not Signing in: Every time I try to start my PC, it says “The User Profile service failed the sign-in. User could not be loaded”. It works after I restart it, but it always happens whenever I start my computer and it gets annoying. I have had looked at many tutorials on YouTube on how to fix...
  4. New User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  5. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  6. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  7. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Sign-in and User Profiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign-in and User Profiles: We are having problems logging in with a certain user profile. Windows 10 Home. When we log in directly with one user account the screen comes up black. When we logged in with another Microsoft online account, everything comes up fine. We uninstalled the latest updates. Now...
  9. Can't find new User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find new User Profile: I created a new User Profile which only shows up in "Family & Others Users" but not in the Users folder nor at Log-in. I need to transfer files into this Profile but can't find it anywhere. Everything I find that looks relevant is way too complicated so am trusting...
  10. "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user: Hi all. Recently upgraded to W10 from 8.1 and am now trying to create a new profile for my partner. I am able to create it so that it appears in the Accounts section and on the login page but when I try to login with it I get the error: user profile profile service failed...