Windows 10: Can't sign in with my Microsoft Account (Win Ver 1709)

Discus and support Can't sign in with my Microsoft Account (Win Ver 1709) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I try and change sign-in from my local account to my MSA I can't. On the "Your Info" page, I click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mitaek, Nov 18, 2017.

1. mitaek Win User

Can't sign in with my Microsoft Account (Win Ver 1709)

When I try and change sign-in from my local account to my MSA I can't. On the "Your Info" page, I click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

The process responds like I'm trying to add a new MSA and I get a final msg that reads "*****.com is here already" - "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here."

That's cool, except I am that "other user" and I'm not trying to add an account, I'm trying to use my existing account.

Seems like a new issue with Win Ver 1709 as prior to the update I could readily change between my "Local Account" and my "Microsoft Account." Am I missing something?

:)

mitaek, Nov 18, 2017
  2. Yukon702 Win User

Login

Thanks for your reply!

Win 10 Ver 1709

Build 19299.125

Microsoft account

I'm the only user

I'll try creating another acount

Yukon702, Nov 18, 2017
  3. permissions

Version win10 ver. 1709 build 16299.192

No recent changes

Signed on MS account an both PCs trying to copy files between

GS

Gene Salby, Nov 18, 2017
  4. mitaek Win User

I went to Microsoft support with this and here's their explanation. Although my account show that I was logged-in to my local account, I was in fact logged-in to my MSA. They explained that this is a bug in Winver 1709 but apparently doesn't impact all systems. I'm not sure I buy that explanation, but I did resolve my issue by restoring my system from a cloned drive that was only 2 days old (with the same Winver 1709). Evidently, something I did in those two days honked up my original system. All seems well now.

mitaek, Nov 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't sign in with my Microsoft Account (Win Ver 1709) - Similar Threads - Can't sign Microsoft

2. Can't sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into Microsoft account: Can't sign into my Microsoft, store and Xbox accounts on my PC. I can log in fine via the browser.When I click "Sign In" a window appears for a second and then disappears.If I try to "Add someone else to this PC", the same happens, a window appears for a second and then...
  3. Can't sign into a microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into a microsoft account: I've done all I could; even to the extent of a Windows reinstall. I also cannot check for updates. This includes but is not limited to:Microsoft account service automatic did nothingGPolicy microsoft account did nothingwsreset did nothingWindows reinstall did...
  4. Can't sign in to my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't sign in to my microsoft account: I updated my system and I needed a file which was backed up in onedrive. Now i can't sign to onedrive !!! and i can't signin to microsoft edge to browse too!! What should I do now???...
  5. Can't sign in with microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in with microsoft account: Hi I just reinstalled my Windows 10 pro and I didn't sign in with my microsoft account during it because I had to install my wifi driver manually after the OS install and now I can't sign in with my Microsoft account. When I click on the sign in, the regular login form window...
  6. Can't get updates past win 10 ver 1709 x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get updates past win 10 ver 1709 x64: I am constantly bombarded with continuous updates for versions 1803 and 1809. I have run the update assistant, checked all my drivers and manually updated them and tried all the different suggestions for fixes I can find on the internet to no avail. I just keep getting 1803...
  7. Can't sign in with Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in with Microsoft Account: I am currently not able to sign-in with my Microsoft Account into the Microsoft Store. Every time I try it, it says just "We encountered an Error. Please try signing in again later.". I am also not able to login into the Xbox App. When I try to sign in there, it says:"We are...
  8. downgrade win 10 ver1803 to ver 1709 or 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrade win 10 ver1803 to ver 1709 or 1703: I own a Lenovo y520 laptop which got it's win 10 upgraded to ver1803. Now I am experiencing a faster battery drainage issue and sometimes battery also drops to 0% from 67% suddenly. I am afraid this battery drainage and sudden shutdown of my laptop will harm the hardware in...
  9. AV Preventing Win 10 Ver 1709 Update Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    AV Preventing Win 10 Ver 1709 Update Install: I am having trouble installing ver 1709 of Win 10. I get an error message part way through installation. The previous owner had Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 installed and had removed it with Windows uninstaller. I have run ALL the Trend Micro uninstallers and manually...
  10. Can't sign in with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in with microsoft account: Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago. 17282