Windows 10: Can't sign into OneDrive after switching PC to local account

Discus and support Can't sign into OneDrive after switching PC to local account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I've been having some intermittent issues with OneDrive syncing just sort of crashing on me perdiocally throughout the day (and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daroga, Sep 12, 2015.

1. daroga Win User

Can't sign into OneDrive after switching PC to local account

Hi everyone!

I've been having some intermittent issues with OneDrive syncing just sort of crashing on me perdiocally throughout the day (and also refusing to save any selective sync settings that I set). One of the solutions I read about was unlinking and then relinking your MS account to the OneDrive app. But, with Windows 10 it appears that you can't unlink your account if you're signing into the PC with your MS account. So, I switched over to a local account, and now OneDrive won't login at all, and it won't let me setup a different account or anything else (unlink account button is grayed out, as is the icon because it's not signed in).

Any thoughts on how to really reset this? I've tried running OneDriveSetup from the AppData folder which did nothing. I've tried running the onedrive.exe with the /reset argument, which did nothing but close OneDrive.

This is further fueling my suspicion that there's something really wrong with my account, but perhaps there's a simple solution.

Thanks!

:)

daroga, Sep 12, 2015

2. Can't sign in with MS account in Win 10

Insider build 12565 not able to sign in with MS account. Switched to local account to sign in after that can't sign in with MS account. The option Sign in with a Microsoft Account is not working. This is a new issue for me. Also Windows is not able to give
    insider update without a MS account sign in.

Pls help.

SantanuSarkarbrp, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Account settings in Windows 10

After I switched to a local account in Windows 10, I can't login to my Microsoft account in this PC. Microsoft account. Every time I click "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" in Account Settings, a gray box just flashes and then disappears. My Microsoft
    Account works fine when I login online.

Ruel Caricativo, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

The reason the button to unlink is grayed out when you switched to a local account is that there's no account to unlink:

Can't sign into OneDrive after switching PC to local account [​IMG]

Your MS account was unlinked the moment you switched to a local account. To link a new or your old MS account, you need to setup OneDrive again. You do this by launching the OneDrive from the Start Menu and then clicking Get Started:

Can't sign into OneDrive after switching PC to local account [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Can't sign into OneDrive after switching PC to local account - Similar Threads - Can't sign OneDrive

2. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account: I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately....
  3. Can't sign in with Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in with Local Account: I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked. When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the...
  4. Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop: Hi all, Today Ive just switched my Microsoft Account Sign-in method on my laptop over to Local Account sign in instead. I realise that my Microsoft Account will now be unlinked from my laptop so the benefit I had when signing in with a Microsoft Account of having the ability...
  5. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  6. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  7. Switching to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...
  8. can't find Sign in with a local account instead

can't find Sign in with a local account instead: Hello Everyone, I upgraded my machine windows 8 to windows 10 last month. Using Local Account "Administrator" but few days back i entered my MS account to use store after that it asking me login to machine with MS Account not local account. And i cant find the option of...
  9. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions: Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I...
  10. OneDrive and local account

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive and local account: Can OneDrive be used with a local account? I Know I would have to login with a MS account but can this be done from a local account? 23393