Windows 10: Can't Split Audio Devices.

Discus and support Can't Split Audio Devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and I have some problems with my audio devices. I wan't to split my speakers inside up from my headset. But when I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Heroii, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Heroii Win User

Can't Split Audio Devices.

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 and I have some problems with my audio devices. I wan't to split my speakers inside up from my headset. But when I go to playback devices only "Speakers" and "Realtek Digital Output" appears. I've searched a lot and some websites propose some kind of programs like CheVolume but when I open this, my headset still doesn't appear. The strange thing is that when I plug in my headset in the playback devices menu it says that "Speakers" is playing. Here is a screenshot of my playback menu:

Can't Split Audio Devices. [​IMG]

Hope you can help me?
    Thanks already, !

:)

Heroii, Jun 9, 2017

2. I'm trying to split audio devices so I can use audio router to play Chrome through the speakers and a game through my headset

Hi,

To assist you better, share the information.
    - Are you referring to the browser Chrome or Chrome cast?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest Alienware audio in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:
    1. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    2. Select Compatibility tab.
    3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, refer the below Microsoft help article.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Keep us updated about the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jun 9, 2017
  3. MeowMyMix Win User
    I'm trying to split audio devices so I can use audio router to play Chrome through the speakers and a game through my headset

Original title: Remove Alienware Audio / Restore Realtek HD Audio Manager [Alienware x51]

I've been searching for hours on finding a solution and I can't what so ever.

Alienware Audio's Advanced tab is not advanced at all. Can the old Realtek manager be restored? I'm trying to split audio devices so I can use audio router to play Chrome through the speakers and a game through my headset. It should be possible with my pc,
    when I plug in my headphones I can hear the audio through my speakers and my headphones.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers and getting the latest and its still there. I've seen recommendations to get the r2.66 driver but i'm not sure if there is any issues with windows 10 since its not compatible

Also why is Alienware Audio so primitive?

MeowMyMix, Jun 9, 2017
  4. Can't Split Audio Devices.

Hi Heroii. Welcome to the Tenforums @Heroii

Since you are running RealTek I would look for the Realtek Audio Manager in your systray, (lower right, maybe hidden).

You should see your headset there. If not check settings / options within the Audio Manager. There was a previous thread where you had to set it to analog. Of course just to clarify, this was to get headset recognized (speakers with Mic) and not just Headphones (speakers).

I would start my investigation there.

Ken

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2017
  5. Heroii Win User
    Hi Ken,

Already Thanks for your quick respond. But when I open my systray only the normal things show up. I don't see something like a headset icon, if it could be hidden how can I make it to show me it's there? Here's a screenhot from systray:

Can't Split Audio Devices. [​IMG]

Hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance,

Heroii, Jun 10, 2017
  6. Sorry missed this response. What you are looking for is the RealTek Audio Manager. I recognize a number of those icons. I would cursor over each. On one of my devices it looks like a speaker, not the windows speaker.

Maybe your does not have this. I would check you all "apps". A long shot but might not be starting.

Are any of those hidden icons related to sound?

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Split Audio Devices.

1. Can't Split Audio Devices. - Similar Threads - Can't Split Audio

2. Can't Pair Bluetooth Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Pair Bluetooth Audio Devices: I recently tried pairing a BT speaker to my PC with a fully updated Windows 11 install on a Z590 Master motherboard and ran into an issue. I tried pairing it like I've always done through settings/bluetooth & devices and clicking on "Add device" and selecting the speaker and...
  3. Can't Pair Bluetooth Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Pair Bluetooth Audio Devices: I recently tried pairing a BT speaker to my PC with a fully updated Windows 11 install on a Z590 Master motherboard and ran into an issue. I tried pairing it like I've always done through settings/bluetooth & devices and clicking on "Add device" and selecting the speaker and...
  4. Can't find an audio playback device

Can't find an audio playback device: Hello,The sound on my laptop stopped working suddenly while using it. when i open any media file, it says cant find an audio playback device 0xc00d36fa errorI tried all the possible tricks with Realtek driver- I updated the driver manually- I reinstalled it- Restarted my...
  5. Can't change audio device on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change audio device on laptop: I've been having an audio issue with my laptop. So I turned on my Oculus Quest 2 after a while, got off, and a couple hours later, got on my laptop. Suddenly, I can't hear anything through my headphones, so I checked the volume settings and found out that the audio was...
  6. Can't change audio device on laptop

Can't change audio device on laptop: I've been having an audio issue with my laptop. So I turned on my Oculus Quest 2 after a while, got off, and a couple hours later, got on my laptop. Suddenly, I can't hear anything through my headphones, so I checked the volume settings and found out that the audio was...
  7. Split Audio Output on the App Level

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Split Audio Output on the App Level: Hello, I have two apps for VOIP calls: Skype and Nextiva. I'm using the headphones when making calls. I need all the audio from Skype to go through the right ear only. I need all the audio from Nextiva to go through the left ear only. How can it be achieved? Thanks a lot!...
  8. Split screen also splitting audio?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Split screen also splitting audio?: I am having the weirdest problem. When I use the win 10 function of dragging and dropping two different things to view side by side (in this case youtube on the left side of the screen and a game on the right side of the screen) it also splits the audio, the left side of the...
  9. Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?: Hi Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input. I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall...
  10. can't find audio device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't find audio device: I have problem playing music from saved music files in my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-audio-device/6dda0612-836c-45ff-ac29-597e51a139d8"