Windows 10: Can't split window in tablet mode

Discus and support Can't split window in tablet mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I am using HP envy x360 2 in 1. After the latest update installation in August, I can no longer get side by side window in tablet mode. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KIMIPHILIC, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Can't split window in tablet mode

Hi!

I am using HP envy x360 2 in 1. After the latest update installation in August, I can no longer get side by side window in tablet mode. The interface is replaced by timeline, the top of interface shows each window I opened but I can't drag them to make them side by side anymore. Please help!

:)

KIMIPHILIC, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Aug 25, 2018
  3. D83706 Win User
    Mail App splits screen in tablet mode when opening links

The mail app splits the screen when opening links in tablet mode, but not in desktop mode.

This is not only irritating, but seems logically backwards... Desktops have more real estate than tablets.

This seems like another inconsistency that could be solved with an option.

Any suggestions?

D83706, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Can't split window in tablet mode

tablet mode split keyboard

Your company made my $3000 Surface Book Pro look like a joke in tablet mode. When I used to be able to handle everything easily with split keyboard I now have to never use tablet mode and/or detach my screen. The only way is to unergonomically use it flat
    on the table and type with two hands while looking down, swipe while risking dropping and typing slower, or hunt and peck with my thumb. Which stupid staff member approved this should be fired!

BRING BACK SPLIT KEYBOARD IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

luckyrice21, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Can't split window in tablet mode

1. Can't split window in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Can't split window

2. Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903: After update to Windows 10 1903, when I open app in split screen in tablet mode, it's placed improperly, part of the top bar is going out of the display: [ATTACH] This doesn't happen in all situations when split screen is started the same. -If split screen is triggered by...
  3. can't use tablet mode

can't use tablet mode: hello I just bought an acer desktop and even if I turn on the tablet mode on I cannot use it (touchscreen feature won't work) is there no touch screen feature in this acer desktop so that I can use tablet mode??...
  4. I can't find tablet mode

I can't find tablet mode: Hello. Im currently using a DELL windows 10 laptop. When I tried looking for tablet mode I couldn't find it in the actions center at all and I don't know where to look or what to do. Please help...
  5. Split Screen on Tablet Mode not working

Split Screen on Tablet Mode not working: I am using HP Spectre X360 13 2-in-1 and I like to use multiple screen on tablet mode. How to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen-on-tablet-mode-not-working/5ff7b65a-3a18-47bb-b9a2-1e69b2757005
  6. tablet mode

tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  7. Can't split window in tablet mode

Can't split window in tablet mode: Hi! I am using HP envy x360 2 in 1. After the latest update installation in August, I can no longer get side by side window in tablet mode. The interface is replaced by timeline, the top of interface shows each window I opened but I can't drag them to make them side by side...
  8. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7
  9. HP Split auto tablet mode NOT working

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Split auto tablet mode NOT working: HP Split x2 13 m010dx (PC and tablet in one), Windows 10 Home systems automatic tablet mode switch does not work. Also tried clean install of Windows 10 Home and upgrade from Windows 8.1 but non of them worked. Normally the capture device, or or just "pulling smoothly." In...
  10. can't turn off tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't turn off tablet mode: I selected tablet mode, and I have no way of going back that I can fine. My start button does nothing(which was the original problem that I was trying to resolve). All I have is Control Panel. This has definitely been the most challenging version since 3,1 21348