Windows 10: Can't start up computer. Problem with safe mode.

Discus and support Can't start up computer. Problem with safe mode. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So what happened was trying to uninstall a program on my computer, so I put it into safe mode. I restarted my computer, but when the login screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OneT2112, Apr 1, 2016.

1. OneT2112 Win User

Can't start up computer. Problem with safe mode.

So what happened was trying to uninstall a program on my computer, so I put it into safe mode. I restarted my computer, but when the login screen appeared, the box where you enter your password did not appear. All there was was the blue Windows wallpaper.

I tried to fix this myself. I ran a diagnostics test, and all tests were fine. Nothing was wrong but the problem persisted. I tried F12 and all the startup options (including factory reset), but every time I tried, I got a screen saying "we were not able to perform the selected restart option."

By doing all this, I ended making the problem worse. Now I can't even get to the blue Windows login screen. When I start up my computer, all I see is the DELL logo.

My friend's dad is a computer technician, so I sent my computer to him to see if he could fix it. He got back to me saying the hard drive was damaged. I found that odd because when I ran the diagnostics test, the hard drive seemed perfectly fine.

Does any one have anything to say about this or any solutions?

:)

OneT2112, Apr 1, 2016
  2. Garnel Win User

computer hack

Hello, thank you for offering hope, my problem is that my PC is in safe mode, I am not capable of turning off airplane mode. Kaspersky is not working, so far the computer tells me that the safe mode is the problem but can't fix it. I am going to try using
    up the battery, may be unless your better advice, I hope to tune into a normal start.

Garnel, Apr 1, 2016
  3. BSOD [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT]

Alright so I tried what you said to do and from what I saw it didn' work, but I can't' access my computer without going into safe mode because everytime it tries to start up I get another blue screen and the stopcode says DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION.
    Also since I can't run the computer outside of safe mode I can't run a diagnostic on my processor to see if it' the problem

RussD.Edwards, Apr 1, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    If a computer tech told you the HDD is damaged, you probably should buy a new HDD and reinstall Windows. *Smile

simrick, Apr 1, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Dell Diagnostics is good enough, but as a technician saying it there must be some reason. And a failing HDD can cause this issue for sure.

Be sure. Have another test. Seatools for DOS is a good test for non-bootable computers.
    Take both the short test and the long test. If the short test finds any error, no need for the long test.

If the long test does not show any error, let us know. We have to seh elsewhere for the reason behind the issue.

And next time please provide the system specs.

6. OneT2112 Win User
    Can I use Seatools for DOS? It says I have to first download it, and I can't really download anything right now. Once I get my computer back I'll run another diagnostics test or just talk to him.

OneT2112, Apr 1, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Well, that is the case.

Do you have access to any other computer, in family or with friends? You may download and burn the installer on any other computer.

8. OneT2112 Win User

Yah I have my home computer. How do I burn the file? I can't really start my computer passed the loading screen.

OneT2112, Apr 1, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
  10. OneT2112 Win User
    Thank you. I'll definitely this this once I get my computer back.

OneT2112, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't start up computer. Problem with safe mode. - Similar Threads - Can't start computer

2. I need to start up safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to start up safe mode.: Whenever I get into the final steps of starting up safe mode, you know when it gives you options that you use by pressing F1-F9? My keyboard doesn't work so I can't even press F4. Please help! It's a USB wireless keyboard, by the way....
  3. I need to start up safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to start up safe mode.: Whenever I get into the final steps of starting up safe mode, you know when it gives you options that you use by pressing F1-F9? My keyboard doesn't work so I can't even press F4. Please help! It's a USB wireless keyboard, by the way....
  4. Computer Only Starts in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Only Starts in Safe Mode: Hello,Two days ago, when I wanted to start my laptop it didn't start. I tried to see if the num lock and caps lock keys worked and they didn't. So then I shut it down because nothing happened, there was only a black screen. The cursor didn't show up either.Anyways, my...
  5. Computer Only Starts in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Only Starts in Safe Mode: Hello,Two days ago, when I wanted to start my laptop it didn't start. I tried to see if the num lock and caps lock keys worked and they didn't. So then I shut it down because nothing happened, there was only a black screen. The cursor didn't show up either.Anyways, my...
  6. Computer Only Starts in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Computer stuck at start up when booting using safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer stuck at start up when booting using safe mode: I'm having trouble updating to 2004, so I tried to restart the computer in safe mode. However, now my computer just gets stick when booting. I only see the MSI logo (not even the spinning dots which usually show up below the logo) and this screen just stays there until I...
  8. How to start up in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to start up in safe mode: What are the steps to start your computer in Safe Mode in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-up-in-safe-mode/c5ae0c3d-1364-4940-96fa-4eb0a889e034
  9. Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem: Windows 10 PC on feature pack 1909. Mapped drive S: to a DC/AD/Server 2016 share. Several folders on the share are large. PC1 was working fine till yesterday. Now those large folders on S: can take up to 3 minutes to display contents in Explorer. Other folders on S: display...
  10. Can't get computer to start in safe mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get computer to start in safe mode in Windows 10: I'm trying to solve my screen flickering issue, and the prescription is to start in safe mode and uninstall my existing display adapter and then run Windows update. But I can't seem to get my computer to start in safe mode. The steps are as follows for starting in safe mode:...