Windows 10: Can't start Windows Firewall service

Discus and support Can't start Windows Firewall service in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing. [img] And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bobcat, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Bobcat Win User

Can't start Windows Firewall service

When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing.

Can't start Windows Firewall service [​IMG]

And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error:

Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more information. If this is not a service of Microsoft, you have to contact the manufacturer of the service. Mention than the specific error 5.'

I don't have a clue what the systemlogs are or what I can do with it, and I tried many solutions given on the internet but none has worked for me yet. Please help me with this awful error.

:)

Bobcat, Mar 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 Firewall doesn't start up

My Windows Firewall doesn't start at all. I used to have AVG Internet Security on my computer and my Windows Firewall couldn't open either at that state. Also my Store can't update or download new programs/game due too the Windows Firewall problem. I tried
    to start the Windows Firewall Service, i tried to restore it, i tried to use recommended settings with the same result to all, Windows Firewall can't start error code 13

Kam0ugiaros, Mar 30, 2016
  3. JeffS922 Win User
    Windows 10 Firewall will not turn on.

Hi George,

in my services.msc, the windows firewall is set to automatic but when I tried to start the service, it said : Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. if this is a non-Microsoft service,
    contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 87.

Plus, in my System Information, the windows firewall authorization driver was running like yours.

But I can't do the command sfc /scannow. When I do it as an administrator, they say Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

JeffS922, Mar 30, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

In the search box next to Start button, type ser > press Enter.
    You are now on Services window > scroll down to Windows Firewall > click it.
    Under Status ................................. it should be Running.
    Under Startup type...................... it should be Automatic.
    If that is not what you see, left side, click Restart the service.
    Also right click at Windows Firewall > Properties ......................
    at Startup type, click the pointer and select Automatic
    at Service status, click Start.
    Click OK when done.

See if the Firewall is back in action.

davidhk, Mar 30, 2016
  5. Bobcat Win User
    If I click on 'Windows Firewall' in Services it says (marked):

You say I have to click on 'Restart' in the side-window but I don't have the option to:

The only option is: 'Start' but that doesn't work obviously

Bobcat, Mar 30, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Your Service status says ...... Gestopt ( Stopped)
    Click Starten > OK.

davidhk, Mar 30, 2016
  7. Bobcat Win User
    I refer to my first post:

Bobcat, Mar 30, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Sorry.
    I have no more new ideas.
    Please wait a bit for someone else to come along.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 30, 2016
  9. Bobcat Win User
    I just tried it and it didn't work for me.... I still get the same error

Bobcat, Mar 30, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 30, 2016
  11. Bobcat Win User
    Do I keep all my data with a repair install?

Bobcat, Mar 30, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User

Yes.
    Repair Install allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Mar 30, 2016
  13. jkh334 Win User
    I've had this same problem and began getting notifications last night that my firewall was not on. Also, not able to start my firewall, nor the firewall in services. I also get the error code 5 and clicking advanced settings under firewall opens another window but says firewall snap in can not load and I get error code 0x6d9. I also do not have the windows firewall driver in device manager. Googled many fixes and nothing has worked. Only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling my virus scan which is total security 360 essentials. I've read some may turn off the firewall even though to my understanding mine doesn't contain a firewall itself so why would it disable the windows one? I've read others end up having to do a reinstall over this which is very time consuming. If I'm on a router with a password is it really necessary that the router work?

jkh334, Mar 30, 2016
  14. Bobcat Win User
    I'm sure there must be another way

Bobcat, Mar 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't start Windows Firewall service - Similar Threads - Can't start Firewall

2. The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.: Hello, i have started having a problem with the Windows defender firewall. When i try to restore it's defaults using the control panel, i get this screen: [ATTACH] And when i press 'Use recommended settings' it gives me this error: [ATTACH] When I try to start it through...
  3. Windows Firewall service not starting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Firewall service not starting: so the story goes back to a week when i pirated malware bytes anti malware and i think that is the reason why this has happen.The pirated zip file contained a executable and the pirate said to run this as admin i did it because he was a trusted pirated however i can tell that...
  4. Can't start Windows Defender Firewall

Can't start Windows Defender Firewall: I can't start Windows Defender Firewall. The ON/OFF switch is greyed out. How do I turn on this option? It may or may not be a coincidence that my Norton Internet Security firewall is also turned off and I can't set that back on. [img] 167152
  5. Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Windows Firewall; Can't start service: As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but firewall is still stuck in "Starting" stage. No fixes seem to help.[ATTACH]...
  6. can't start firewall

can't start firewall: Hi, every one Jack here I currently work in technical support and repair in electronics teaching. I have been visiting here for some years now. I've been using Windows since the windows 3.0 era (with the exception of 8), and been doing customization as well in order to gain...
  7. Windows Firewall wont start from services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall wont start from services: Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message 'Windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start' This problem started with no...
  8. Windows Firewall can't start and can't be fixed

Windows Firewall can't start and can't be fixed: My Windows Firewall can't started correctly. The service always start and stop every half second, and I received many the systemlogs like this: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System>< Provider Name="Service Control Manager"...
  9. Can't start windows firewall

Can't start windows firewall: [img] Malwarebytes turned off windows firewall. That was good because MWB really fixed some issues. But now i cant turn it back on. If you look in the image when i hit restore settings nothing happens. I tried in safe mode and ran sfc /scannow and still nothing I would...
  10. Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall

Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall: Just spent a week trying to start the W10 firewall. Dozens of Google recommended solutions but none work. Yes, Services reports it's automatic but it isn't running. Simply get an error message when I try to start it. Anyone else have the problem or a solution? Already ran sfc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot