Windows 10: Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall

Discus and support Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just spent a week trying to start the W10 firewall. Dozens of Google recommended solutions but none work. Yes, Services reports it's automatic but it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by capri3156, Mar 14, 2016.

1. capri3156 Win User

Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall

Just spent a week trying to start the W10 firewall. Dozens of Google recommended solutions but none work. Yes, Services reports it's automatic but it isn't running. Simply get an error message when I try to start it. Anyone else have the problem or a solution? Already ran sfc /scannow, Malicious Software Removal Tool, registry hacks and other suggestions. Also tried a 'clean install' but that didn't fix it.

:)

capri3156, Mar 14, 2016

2. windows firewall

Hello,,

Windows firewall ang spyware always popping at the lower right corner on my computer ( w10 ). upon checking, it it off. I am using firewall provided by Norton. And when this message appear, if you want to turn-on Norton, you can't do it.. what will I do?
    thanks in advance

JoselitoLapitan, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Firewall doesn't start up

My Windows Firewall doesn't start at all. I used to have AVG Internet Security on my computer and my Windows Firewall couldn't open either at that state. Also my Store can't update or download new programs/game due too the Windows Firewall problem. I tried
    to start the Windows Firewall Service, i tried to restore it, i tried to use recommended settings with the same result to all, Windows Firewall can't start error code 13

Kam0ugiaros, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall

Might be a stupid question but have you tried
    Start Right Click
    Control Panel
    Then Firewall and click to open
    Then go to turn Windows Firewall
    On or Off

But don't forget if you have an antivirus on other than windows defender then that will if you have not disabled or uninstalled it allow Windows Firewall to come on.
    Sorry if you have already tried that

hTconeM9user, Mar 14, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    In the Services window where your Windows Firewall is not "running", look to the left column.
    Do you see the Restart the service option ?
    If yes, click it.

Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 14, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    If you don't have the Restart option on the left column, follow this.............
    In the same window, right click at Windows Firewall > click Properties > under Services status, click the Start button > OK when done.

See if your firewall service is now running.

davidhk, Mar 14, 2016
  7. capri3156 Win User
    Yes, that doesn't work. No anti-virus running.

capri3156, Mar 14, 2016
  8. capri3156 Win User

I do have the "restart start" option on the left but that only brings up the usual error message.

capri3156, Mar 14, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Did you try the next suggestion ?
    Right click at Windows Firewall > Properties .....................

**** Adding : what is the "usual error message "? Verbatim please.****

davidhk, Mar 14, 2016
  10. capri3156 Win User
    Finally gave it up. Used an image that still had most apps installed and firewall is running. Now I hope the MS updates don't turn it off .

capri3156, Mar 15, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Yes, system restore and system image restore are the 2 useful programs which have had saved my system many times.
    Good to know you have it sorted.
    Please mark your thread as Solved so that others with similar issue would have a look at your solution.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall - Similar Threads - Can't Start W10

2. Can't start Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't start Windows Defender Firewall: I can't start Windows Defender Firewall. The ON/OFF switch is greyed out. How do I turn on this option? It may or may not be a coincidence that my Norton Internet Security firewall is also turned off and I can't set that back on. [img] 167152
  3. Windows Firewall to start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Firewall to start.: I got an error whe[ATTACH]re i cannot turn on firewall,Even can install any other antivirus.Tried each and every method available on internet but still it does not work.Tried the troubleshooter and it says Windows firewall is not started.So after all this i reset my PC and it...
  4. Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Windows Firewall; Can't start service: As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but firewall is still stuck in "Starting" stage. No fixes seem to help.[ATTACH]...
  5. Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings

Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings: I got a notification at the bottom of the screen on my desktop computer saying Firewall had been turned off click here to fix. It opened up Windows Defender Firewall under Control Panel. But I can't get anything to work. Click on "use recommended settings", nothing happens....
  6. windows defender and firewall not starting

windows defender and firewall not starting: After windows update version 1903 and 1909, i have been facing issues with windows defender and firewall, they do not seem to start and is showing error, i tried to manually start in services.msc but it was of no use, the start option is not even usable.I do not have a third...
  7. can't start firewall

can't start firewall: Hi, every one Jack here I currently work in technical support and repair in electronics teaching. I have been visiting here for some years now. I've been using Windows since the windows 3.0 era (with the exception of 8), and been doing customization as well in order to gain...
  8. Windows Firewall can't start and can't be fixed

Windows Firewall can't start and can't be fixed: My Windows Firewall can't started correctly. The service always start and stop every half second, and I received many the systemlogs like this: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System>< Provider Name="Service Control Manager"...
  9. Can't start windows firewall

Can't start windows firewall: [img] Malwarebytes turned off windows firewall. That was good because MWB really fixed some issues. But now i cant turn it back on. If you look in the image when i hit restore settings nothing happens. I tried in safe mode and ran sfc /scannow and still nothing I would...
  10. Can't start Windows Firewall service

Can't start Windows Firewall service: When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing. [img] And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error: [img] Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more...