Windows 10: Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive

Discus and support Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi There, I have 17 large outlook 2016 files ranging from 1GB to 10 GB. I initially put them into my OneDrive folder and identified them for synching.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by stevenson53, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive

Hi There,
    I have 17 large outlook 2016 files ranging from 1GB to 10 GB. I initially put them into my OneDrive folder and identified them for synching. Bad mistake because it takes days to upload files of this size and every time that I start Outlook, the Synch for all files restart from zero because the files all open when Outlook starts.
    So, I thought I would remove them from the Synch and got the attached error.

Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive [​IMG]

Basically it seems to being saying that I can't remove them from the Synch until they have fully uploaded which isn't possible as it would take a week for that to happen.
    Help please?
    Thanks
    Paul

:)

stevenson53, Jul 2, 2017
  2. wheinbec Win User

windows phone synching problem

I synch my Outlook calendar with my Windows phone both ways--from Outlook to the phone, and from the phone to my Outlook Exchange. Recently, the synching from the phone to my Outlook exchange stopped working. It synchs from Outlook to the phone, but not
    the other way. I can synch contacts from the phone to Outlook, but I can't synch new appointments entered into the phone to Outlook.

william p heinbeckr

wheinbec, Jul 2, 2017
  3. Exchange has stopped synching on N8

Had my Nokia N8 for 7 days and it's been synching with my Exchange Outlook just fine. Two days ago it stopped synching. It now snychs neither automatically or with a manual synch command. I do have a large peak period set (06.00-23.00, Monday through
    Sunday). I wonder if it has reached a maximum storage or something?

Ningle---01, Jul 2, 2017
  4. Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive

OK I solved my own problem.
    First I moved the files out of the OneDrive folder, deleted the folder, and they disappeared from the synch although the folder was still in the Cloud. So I deleted the Cloud folder too. I then created the folder again in OneDrive and put the folders back in there but selected not to Synch it. That failed as it showed an error about two folders the same and synching also started again.
    So, I moved the folder and outlook files permanently out of the OneDrive folder and that's sorted it.
    OneDrive seems so inflexible and isn't user friendly if you ask me!
    w

stevenson53, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive

1. Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive - Similar Threads - Can't stop large

2. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  3. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  4. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.: I have copied a large video file 35GB that has been successfully synced with OneDrive in the cloud OnLine. I see the all files are uptodate message. When I then add other photos that start synching, this file starts synching againg. This has happened more than ten times. The...
  6. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.: I have copied a large video file 35GB that has been successfully synced with OneDrive in the cloud OnLine. I see the all files are uptodate message. When I then add other photos that start synching, this file starts synching againg. This has happened more than ten times. The...
  7. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Stop OneDrive from Synching Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop OneDrive from Synching Desktops: This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is. I just setup a new computer, but now find that if I change the desktop on one (for example delete icons), it affects the others. I need them to be different. I use OneDrive to access and synch documents, downloads, pictures etc....
  9. Stop OneDrive Files and Folders FROM Synching to Desktop and Other Devices

Stop OneDrive Files and Folders FROM Synching to Desktop and Other Devices: Hello, Just as the subject says, I need to stop OneDrive from synching to my PC and other devices. The reason I keep and use OneDrive for files/folders as cloud storage is because I TRUST Microsoft ad OneDrive to keep my files safe! I don't trust my PC, Phone or Tablets....
  10. OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?

OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?: I knowI can "choose folders" when I right click in settings but this option only changes what I can see on my computer, not what is synched to the cloud. I have one computer for practicing my code and those files are what I want synched, not photos, downloads, music, etc....