Windows 10: Can't stop mouse from waking computer

Discus and support Can't stop mouse from waking computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 pro 10240, logitech m705, running Setpoint. I've disabled mouse waking computer for the two mouse drivers I can find. Nevertheless, the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tcebob, Jul 19, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Can't stop mouse from waking computer

Win 10 pro 10240, logitech m705, running Setpoint.
    I've disabled mouse waking computer for the two mouse drivers I can find. Nevertheless, the mouse continues to wake. Could there be some other driver (like Nvidia) which needs tweaking? When I was using a usb mouse the settings worked fine.

:)

tcebob, Jul 19, 2016

2. Sleep and Hibernate settings won't stay on.

I typically see this when the mouse is overly sensitive and the slightest vibration makes it wake up. If you want to experiment and see if that's the case, try this: Prevent
    a Mouse or USB Device from Waking Windows from Sleep Mode

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 19, 2016
  3. Jose09(2) Win User
    How do I stop Windows 10 from waking itself up from Sleep Mode?

I've had this problem back with Windows 8.1 but was able to fix it using the Device Manager. But I have tried just about everything in the Device Manager and unchecking the "Allow this device to wake my computer" but it still keeps waking up. In Windows
    8.1, I could go to Command Prompt and use "powercgf -devicequery wake_armed" and it would tell me what woke it. But they removed that feature from Windows 10 because CMD Prompt says "powercfg is not recognized". This was a useful feature to have and now my
    computer keeps waking up for no reason and I can't figure out why. The keyboard and Mouse is disabled from waking up the computer.

Does anybody know how to find out what's waking it up and how to stop it in Windows 10?

Jose09(2), Jul 19, 2016
  4. Can't stop mouse from waking computer

Run Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and select your mouse and select the properties. Now go to the power options tab and uncheck the checkbox "Allow this device to wake up the PC".

Hope this helps,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 19, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Check in BIOS options too.

CountMike, Jul 19, 2016
  6. tcebob Win User
    Thanks, both --

Pharo, as I said, I already disabled the mouse waking in the driver.

CountMike, I'll check Bios as soon as I figure out how. , , ,

tcebob, Jul 19, 2016
  7. tcebob Win User
    CountMike, I looked up Bios and followed the leads therein. But I did not allow a repair, simply a reboot, as repair may do more harm than good. I'll live with the wakeful mouse.

tcebob, Jul 19, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

As I don't know which exact MB you have I can only guess details but generally settings for wake up events, like Wake on LAN, wake by KB or mouse are somewhere in power saving section in BIOS.

CountMike, Jul 19, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    You can always use the powercfg -lastwake command at an administrative command prompt to have the system tell you what woke it up. Sure sounds like "the mouse made me wake up" is true, but that way you can check for sure.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 20, 2016
  10. tcebob Win User
    Ed, Thanks for the suggestion but no joy this time:
    "C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 0"

tcebob, Jul 21, 2016
  11. EdTittel Win User
    Sorry it didn't help. It has worked for me on a couple of occasions, one where "magic packet" was the culprit, and another was the mouse. As they say on the Internet "YMMV" (your mileage may vary! ;-).
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 21, 2016
  12. Bastet Win User

Have you checked the settings here:
    PowerOptions>Edit plan settings>change advanced power settings>Sleep>Change settings to disable.
    Network &sharing centre>change adapter settings>R click for Properties>configure>Power management, remove tick from allow device to wake computer.

Bastet, Jul 22, 2016
  13. tcebob Win User
    I had already set the network driver (Nvidia) to not wake. At your suggestion, In power options I changed the Allow wake timers setting to Disable. Sorry to report, the mouse still wakes the computer. I do appreciate your help.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't stop mouse from waking computer - Similar Threads - Can't stop mouse

2. How to stop Mouse from waking Windows from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop Mouse from waking Windows from sleep mode: Hi,I want to stop mouse from waking up Windows from sleep mode.I did go into Device Manager->Mice and other pointing devices->HID-Compliant mouseAnd change the Power Management property, to uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer"However, after changing that, and...
  3. Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer: Hello. I have gone into the mouse properties and unchecked "allows this device to wake computer" for both the mouse and the receiver since it was listed there. The mouse still wakes the computer. I only want to wake it with the wireless keyboard which uses a separate...
  4. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake computer from keyboard/mouse: Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors and I would like to not have to open my laptop every time to wake this....
  5. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  6. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  7. Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks

Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks: I've always restarted my computer before going to bed at night. Then it goes to sleep after three hours. When I get on it in the morning, I double click the mouse, and it's up and running in a few seconds. Except today, the mouseclicks didn't wake the computer. Yesterday...
  8. Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.: My mouse won't wake up my laptop after sleep. I have the lid closed and the laptop connected to a monitor with the lid closed setting to "do nothing". The mouse will allow my older laptop to wake up the computer. am I missing a setting? both laptops are operating Windows...
  9. How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?: I don't want my computer to wake from Sleep when the mouse is moved. I went to Computer Management > Device Manager > Mice > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer". However moving the mouse still wakes the...
  10. Can't wake computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't wake computer from sleep: So this is my current problem: ever since I upgraded to an SSD and did a clean install of windows 10, I can't wake up my computer from sleep. On my old hard drive I did not have this problem. Whenever the screen times out, my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and nothing I...