Windows 10: Can't switch account Windows 10

Discus and support Can't switch account Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been unable to map a network drive to a laptop running Windows 10 and it's been suggested it's because the account is under AzureAD\. We were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daniel Burgin, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Can't switch account Windows 10

I have been unable to map a network drive to a laptop running Windows 10 and it's been suggested it's because the account is under AzureAD\. We were therefore going to create a separate account that wasn't linked to Windows in order to get the drive to map properly.

I've now got the problem that I can create users under 'Other People' but not sign into any other accounts. Any created accounts will not show on the login screen and any attempt to log in using the username and passwords that were set up fails. On the login screen it always seems to want email address and not username, unless you choose to log in by PIN, but the accounts don't have PINs.

I've tried a suggested reg fix to force all accounts to show on the login screen, but this hasn't helped and I'm struggling to find instances of people having exactly the same issue online.

:)

Daniel Burgin, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can't switch account Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Can't switch account Windows 10

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Can't switch account Windows 10

1. Can't switch account Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't switch account

2. Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10: There is no button in settings to change my current MS account to Local account. I can only manage my MS account with redirecting to account.microsoft.comi already restore my system and it dont work...
  3. Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10: There is no button in settings to change my current MS account to Local account. I can only manage my MS account with redirecting to account.microsoft.comi already restore my system and it dont work...
  4. Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't switch to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to local account: I've signed in with a microsoft account and am trying to change my user account password. I don't want to change my microsoft account password so I'm trying to change to local account but the option is missing...
  6. Can't switch to other accounts

Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  7. Can't switch to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch to a Microsoft account: I can't switch to a Microsoft account on my Windows 10 laptop. I'm trying to sign in with a Microsoft account instead from a local account. It says it need to install an app for the task. It offers to search in the Microsoft Store, but it displays "Try that again. Page could...
  8. Can't switch accounts

Can't switch accounts: A friend has set up her new laptop running windows 10 by using a gmail account as the user. I've created an outlook.com account for her as we want to use that instead of the gmail account. I've added the account to Windows 10 so the laptop has two accounts on there....
  9. Can't switch account Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't switch account Windows 10: I have been unable to map a network drive to a laptop running Windows 10 and it's been suggested it's because the account is under AzureAD\. We were therefore going to create a separate account that wasn't linked to Windows in order to get the drive to map properly. I've...
  10. Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10: Since yesterday, I'm unable to switch between user accounts. Button changes from white to blue when hovered, but no response to click. Any ideas/suggestions welcome. 39503

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant switch accounts

2. windows 10 cant switch account

3. windows 10 cant switch accoutn