Windows 10: Cant system restore

Discus and support Cant system restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cant get system restore to work I get 2 different error codes depending on how i start the system restore. I get error code 0x8007045b (which i know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by iguess..., Jul 10, 2018.

1. iguess... Win User

Cant system restore

I cant get system restore to work I get 2 different error codes depending on how i start the system restore.

I get error code 0x8007045b (which i know is a registry error) if i start the restore from the main recovery option,

and i get error code 0x80070003 (Which i know is an update error) when i restore fromm windows RE and safe mode.

I've tried many online tutorials like this one but it didnt seem to work for me?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/3074925/system-restore-may-fail-with-error-code-0x8007045b-if-there-is-encrypt

I've tried the following:

Windows Re system restore

Safe mode restore

regular restore

run the update trouble shooter and had the issues "fixed"

updated as much as i can(system says I'm up to date)

Cleared contents of "Software Distributions" folder

renamed "Software Distributions" folder to "Software DistributionsOLD"

Deleted "Software Distributions" folder

turned "Volume Shadow Copy" to automatic

run sfc/scannow

Renamed WindowsApps folder

Cleaned WindowsApps folder

Deleted WindowsApps folder

that's all i can remember for now

it is highly possible that i may have made things worse with all that i have done but i don't know.

Please Help

:)

iguess..., Jul 10, 2018

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Cant system restore

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Cant system restore

1. Cant system restore - Similar Threads - Cant system restore

2. system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system restore: Windows 11 Pro, Build 22621.ni_release220506-1250 . System restore will not engage, and any program that try's to download reports "unknown error". This also happens when "SARA" is run ... can anyone help?...
  3. System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore: Hi, my windows 10 laptop that Ive had for a few years now started acting strange earlier today. So last night I was trying to transfer some files from my phone to my computer which didnt work, so I decided to sleep on it and try again. While this was happening I was...
  4. System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore: Hi, my windows 10 laptop that Ive had for a few years now started acting strange earlier today. So last night I was trying to transfer some files from my phone to my computer which didnt work, so I decided to sleep on it and try again. While this was happening I was...
  5. Cant Use System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Use System Restore: i tried to create a restore point in System Restore. i had previously created a restore point before but it wasnt showing it there. i tried creating restore point again but it gave me this error: [ATTACH]...
  6. Cant restore system factory settings.

Cant restore system factory settings.: So my laptop generaly doesnt work great but its oke. but for school I had to install pro tools wich I did but it didnt work so I reinstalled it twice to see of i did something wrong but the same problem occured. up until that time i only had minor problems like bloated drives...
  7. System restore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System restore: My laptop get autorepair so I think to restore laptop and by restoreing my laptop it get stuck for more than a month please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/3c35bb61-ec76-4b1a-b061-8cee1b7437ad
  8. System Restore

System Restore: I'm running Win 64 version 1903. I'm not able to set up a system restore configuration. When I try I get an error message: "There's been an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error. Please try to run System Restore again 0x81000203...
  9. System Restore

System Restore: Every day or two may computer creates a restore point described as Language Pack Removal. As far as I know I have no language packs installed and I have no idea what language packs are being removed to cause a Restore Point to be created. Can anyone help me stop these...
  10. Cant restore system image.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant restore system image.: I just got a new pc but it's not letting me restore my old system image that I had from my other computer. I can get into windows fine but it's not letting me restore the image. It says the image was created on a computer using bios and this one is using efi. How can I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restore point fehler 0x8100203