Windows 10: Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone

Discus and support Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am a new user to Windows 10. I have a really old phone that I have used to text photos for years. For some reason when I try to transfer picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mroy99, Mar 16, 2018.

1. mroy99 Win User

Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone

I am a new user to Windows 10. I have a really old phone that I have used to text photos for years. For some reason when I try to transfer picture files from my new laptop to my phone using a memory card, I get this error message.

This has never happened with any other version of Windows. Please help.

:)

mroy99, Mar 16, 2018
  2. iam16 Win User

Nokia E63 bluetooth pairing issues

i can't transfer picture from my laptop to my phone (nokia e63) via bluetooth and i can't figure out what's the problem Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone :(

it always says "Error copying file: (This could not be honored)"

iam16, Mar 16, 2018
  3. Lost pictures while transferring

I was transferring pictures from my phone to my laptop. Once the transfer finished, the file with the pictures disappeared. What happened and how can I recover this?

SophiaHemi, Mar 16, 2018
  4. Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone

Where are you trying to copy these images to? The local C drive?

If you right-click on one of the images and go to its properties to then select security, are you listed as a owner?

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 16, 2018
  5. mroy99 Win User
    From my laptop to the memory card on my phone.

mroy99, Mar 16, 2018
  6. mroy99 Win User
    Here's a screenshot. This happens on all pictures stored on my laptop.

mroy99, Mar 16, 2018
  7. Are you Michelle? Could you click on your profile to make sure your account has Full Control?

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 17, 2018
  8. mroy99 Win User

I am Michelle and it appears I have full control.

mroy99, Mar 17, 2018
  9. Hi,
    Does the memory card have a lock switch on it *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 17, 2018
  10. mroy99 Win User
    Not sure how to look that up.

Here's a screenshot of the properties for the memory card. None of the tabs mention anything about a lock switch.

mroy99, Mar 17, 2018
  11. Hi,
    Doubt it would list a switch
    It would be seen on one of the edges of it though

ThrashZone, Mar 17, 2018
  12. mroy99 Win User
    This is what I have. It doesn't appear to have a locking feature.

mroy99, Mar 17, 2018
  13. mroy99 Win User

As I am looking around trying to find a solution to my problem, I stumbled on to this. I found it by right clicking on my c drive and going into properties.

Could the solution be in here somewhere?

mroy99, Mar 17, 2018
  14. No that does not have anything to do with it.

Do you have full control over the place you are copying the files to? Have you tried copying them to your desktop?

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 18, 2018
  15. mroy99 Win User
    I only have a laptop but as I stated earlier, I have used this phone for almost ten years and have had no problems with other laptops with other versions of Windows. Specifically Vista and Win 7.

I could boot up one of my old laptops right now and have no problem moving files from old laptop to phone card. This has to be a Win 10 problem.

mroy99, Mar 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone - Similar Threads - Can't transfer picture

2. Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop: I've been trying to transfer the photos from my phone moto e6s to my windows laptop using a USB data transfer cable but I keep getting the message saying 'please update device to accept media transfer'. I've tried it in USB and in PTP and still the same....
  3. Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop: I've been trying to transfer the photos from my phone moto e6s to my windows laptop using a USB data transfer cable but I keep getting the message saying 'please update device to accept media transfer'. I've tried it in USB and in PTP and still the same....
  4. can't transfer photos from Android phone to my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't transfer photos from Android phone to my laptop: When I try to transfer photos from my android phone to my laptop via a USB cable I get as far as the Import option. When I click import I get the window that should show the photos on my phone but instead of showing the actual photos it just shows the date and a frame with a...
  5. Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop: I connected my Olympus camera to my laptop, which runs windows 10, and could see that the pictures were being transferred. However, I cannot find where they went! They are not in the camera roll...
  6. Transferring pictures from phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring pictures from phone: I have an early model Google Pixel that has photos on it yet when I plug the phone into the computer via USB cable and go to This PC and click on Pixel it says no data found on this device . Anyone know how one can transfer pictures from the phone to the desktop computer...
  7. transfering pictures from iphone to laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    transfering pictures from iphone to laptop: Why are only a few pictures importing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfering-pictures-from-iphone-to-laptop/0b0bbd83-d2aa-4c96-b90f-7d28e675f0c6
  8. Transfer Picture to Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Picture to Phone: Can I transfer pictures from my Desktop using Win 10 to my LG Android phone? I know there must be a way, just have not figured out how to do it? Can you show or tell me how? 66 y/o retired airline captain, used to build my own computers in the '90s. Now all feel is lost...
  9. wanna transfer files from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wanna transfer files from phone to laptop: HELLO I HAVE A SAMSUNG AMP3 SMARTPHONE MY HP LAPTOP CANT READ IT AGAIN WHEN USB CONNECTED ,I NEED AN EASY FIX https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanna-transfer-files-from-phone-to-laptop/76b6e767-5a0d-4d48-bace-1eaf46ad29e7
  10. Getting bluetooth connection from phone to laptop to transfer pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting bluetooth connection from phone to laptop to transfer pictures: I recently acquired a new HP laptop and it is working wonderfully. However, I am having a problem. The people at my retailer assured me that since both my cell phone and laptop were Bluetooth-engaged, I could transfer pictures from my phone to my laptop. However, when...