Windows 10: can't turn off shortcut text in creator

Discus and support can't turn off shortcut text in creator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\LINK to 00 00 00 00, it resets itself back to xx 00 00 00.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, Jul 26, 2017.

1. ruggb Win User

can't turn off shortcut text in creator

Every time I change
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\LINK to 00 00 00 00, it resets itself back to xx 00 00 00. The xx being the previous value + 1 and "shortcut" continues to appear.
    How do I snatch my destiny away from M$ and stop this BS????????

:)

ruggb, Jul 26, 2017

2. How do I stop Windows 10 from automatically creating Desktop Shortcuts such as "Pictures, Videos, Documents"?

You can't be serious about a minimal startup. There must be an option somewhere to turn off the auto creation of a shortcut to the desktop. I delete the shortcut and when I launch the program again, another shortcut appears. This is annoying and completely
    unnecessary. In previous versions you could turn this feature off and on. Please fix.

WilliamBridges48, Jul 26, 2017
  3. weikang Win User
    Night Light keyboard shortcut?

Really enjoy the Night Light feature with the Creator's Update. Just wondering if we could get a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off the feature.

I know the Action Center has a switch, but sometimes it would be more convenient to use a keyboard shortcut, for instance when in a full screen application. Previously, I used f.lux and the shortcut for that was Alt+End.

weikang, Jul 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 26, 2017
  5. ruggb Win User
    OK, thanks, BUT tell me why the bat file worked and a reg file nor direct modify did not?

ruggb, Jul 26, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Restarting the explorer process is required after the change to apply it. If that didn't get done, that could be why.

The .bat file includes restarting explorer.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. can't turn off shortcut text in creator - Similar Threads - can't turn off

2. bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on: Every once and a while. My Bluetooth would turn off for no reason, and when I attempt to turn it back on, it would fail to do anything. The only way i would be able to fix it was to hard reset my computer. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If not, is there an...
  3. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  4. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  5. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts: I was playing a game and have to press f3 to open the debug menu, but instead in increased my volume. i clicked all of the other keys and they did things i didnt want to do. i got frustrated and searched through the entire settings. Whenever I tried to search, it would tell...
  7. Shortcut to turn off monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to turn off monitors?: I have a Windows 10 machine that I'm using with these big Apple cinema displays that were given to me for free. They're great monitors with built in webcams, mics, speakers, etc. The only problem is they don't have any physical buttons. ...so I have no way to turn off the...
  8. Shortcut to turn off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to turn off screen: I just got a new Lenovo yoga I need a way to make the screen turn off on demand, preferably with a shortcut or icon on the task bar or action center, that will just simply turn the display off without interrupting what the PC is doing. So it dosent turn off sound or sends it...
  9. With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off?: After updating my Win 10 to CU I find that when I leave my PC for 10 minutes or more (control panel power options set to disable monitors after 10 minutes of standby) my displays just display black color instead of actually going into standby mode. They obviously don't save...
  10. Fall Creator Update Screen Turn Off Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator Update Screen Turn Off Issue: Ok, since the 1709 update my screen turns off after 3 minutes. No matter what. No matter what my screen setting or sleep setting is at. A billion minutes or Never. Screen shuts off in 3 minutes with the lid up. The pc doesn't go to sleep, just the screen turns off. I've...