Windows 10: can't turn on streaming

Discus and support can't turn on streaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, I'm going nuts. I keep trying to turn streaming on and it keeps turning off. My receiver is flagged "device access is blocked". I check the box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by remarkrp, Oct 22, 2015.

1. remarkrp Win User

can't turn on streaming

OK, I'm going nuts. I keep trying to turn streaming on and it keeps turning off. My receiver is flagged "device access is blocked". I check the box marked "allowed" and the device changes to "allowed access using default settings". Then I click "OK". When I go back into the streaming options the "allowed" box is blanked and my receiver is back to the "device access is blocked" setting. Anybody know what is missing. When I did this on Windows 7, piece of cake, it worked. On Windows 10 nothing but a giant hassle. What's worse, I just did this this morning and it worked!!! I played a whole bunch of music on my receiver. Later today I re-booted and now the streaming is gone and I cannot turn it on for love or money!!!

:)

remarkrp, Oct 22, 2015

2. Can't stream online videos since latest Windows 10 update

Can't stream online videos since latest Windows 10 update. When I turn my laptop on initially there is no problem. I can stream. But after 5 - 10 minutes, for no apparent reason, all streaming stops; on youtube, netflix, even spotify. I have to restart
    the laptop to continue streaming. But the streaming always stops eventually.

andrewbegley1, Oct 22, 2015
  3. DLNA in Windows 10

When I go to "media streaming options" there is no place I see to turn on media streaming. It says something about being an administrator which I am but I still can't get it to work

KeithLinnell, Oct 22, 2015
  4. john262 Win User

can't turn on streaming

I am having a similar problem. In my case on my Win10 Pro computer Windows Media Player keeps turning off streaming. I set it to stream media files and it works for a while then suddenly it stops working. So I open WMP and sure enough streaming is deselected. So I select it again and it works again for a while, maybe a day or two, then it stops again and again I have to open the player's preferences and select streaming again.

Why does WMP keep turning off streaming without my permission? It is very frustrating. Is this another Win10 bug or is it something I'm doing? Thanks.

john262, Oct 23, 2015
  5. remarkrp Win User
    Does anybody know the answers to these questions about streaming:

To turn on streaming (in Windows 10), does it need to be turned on for each user?
    Or just once for the whole system?
    Does it require an administrative user to turn it on?

I can find boatloads of info on how to turn streaming on but I can't find detailed info regarding the above questions. And since I'm having such a difficult time getting it to work reliably and consistently I'm wondering if I'm missing something in that area. What's worse, most of the times I've tried to turn it on, it didn't work. I'd click on the little box and nothing happened.

remarkrp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

can't turn on streaming

1. can't turn on streaming - Similar Threads - can't turn streaming

2. Can't turn on Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't turn on Media Streaming: "Media streaming is not turned on Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or a similar service that it depends on failed to start. Use Windows services administrative tool to find out more details about the Network Sharing Service and its dependencies." Like THAT is...
  3. HDR streaming not turning on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR streaming not turning on.: My laptop is supporting HDR steaming but when i try to turn it on it crashes. i tried with power supply on in laptop. now i don't know what i have to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-streaming-not-turning-on/cae4ebbd-37c5-4a35-986c-f6fa7eb6c4ff
  4. media streaming unable to turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media streaming unable to turn on: How can I find ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\ file in Windows 10? I need to rename the msrp.hds files in order to allow Netflix or Amazon streaming to play; according to Microsoft. I had no problem with either of these before the last Windows update! Help the next laptop...
  5. Media streaming is not turn on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media streaming is not turn on: OK I have posted this issue several times. The last 2 Windows update is interfering with media streaming from my PC to my Xbox. My Xbox was able to detect my PC as I set it up as a media server so that I can stream movies from my PC to my Xbox to watch on my tv but after an...
  6. Issue with Turn on Media streaming

Issue with Turn on Media streaming: I cannot turn on media streaming. When I push the button Turn on media streaming, it is not working. What can I do for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/issue-with-turn-on-media-streaming/55cb2425-df28-4c09-a79a-039d61d550b2
  7. Turn on media streaming is not working

Turn on media streaming is not working: Turn on media streaming is not working. when I click Turn on media streaming, it does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/turn-on-media-streaming-is-not-working/a298205b-f312-4102-8430-20e0ae887beb
  8. media streaming not turning on

media streaming not turning on: I am trying to include a Bravia TV in the list of devices with which I can share media from my Desktop computer.. When I click the "Turn On Media Streaming Button" on my Desktop computer nothing happens. I also have a Surface Pro3 and the button works normally on this and...
  9. Cannot "Turn on media streaming"

Cannot "Turn on media streaming": After upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 media streaming is off and when the "Turn on media streaming" button is selected there is no effect, no error message, no action. Since this feature was on before the upgrade I'm assuming some dependent services where either turned off...
  10. Can not turn on Media streaming

Can not turn on Media streaming: When I click on the "Turn on media streaming", the first time I tried it I got the circle of death for about 2 minutes, then nothing happened. Status says "Media streaming is not turned on". Now when I click on "turn on media streaming" nothing happens. Any help? 41697