Windows 10: Can't Turn Toggle Switch On, In Update Options Advanced Settings

Discus and support Can't Turn Toggle Switch On, In Update Options Advanced Settings in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As the thread title states. I try to turn on automatic updates. Using the provided toggle switch within Update Options, but it keeps turning itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Geosammy, May 17, 2018.

1. Geosammy Win User

Can't Turn Toggle Switch On, In Update Options Advanced Settings

As the thread title states.
    I try to turn on automatic updates.
    Using the provided toggle switch within Update Options,
    but it keeps turning itself off.

I've prepared a GIF which demonstrate the issue I'm having.

Can't Turn Toggle Switch On, In Update Options Advanced Settings [​IMG]

This seems kind of odd to me.
    Why would the switch keep turning itself back to off like this? *Confused

:)

Geosammy, May 17, 2018

2. Windows Update Advanced Options missing from update page

Hi Margo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows key + I and select update and security
      >> Advanced options >>choose how updates are delivered>>toggle the switch to
      OFF.
    Hope this information helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 17, 2018
  3. Can't toggle off Tablet Mode after turning it on.

Peter, I've at last found the answer.

• Click notifications, bottom right hand corner
    • select all settings
    • select "start" options on the left
    • Toggle off "Use Start full screen"

AND IT WORKS. TRIED IT ON TWO SYSTEMS.

Took me more than 6 months to work this out. I am so pleased.

Can't
    toggle off Tablet Mode after turning it on.
    solved.

I hope the search engines pick this up.

This is on Windows 10 1607 anniversary edition. I've only tried this since I upgraded so don't know if the method is the same on 1511 edition, but should be the same setting.

george orlebar, May 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't Turn Toggle Switch On, In Update Options Advanced Settings

1. Can't Turn Toggle Switch On, In Update Options Advanced Settings - Similar Threads - Can't Turn Toggle

2. Unigram Videos: Sound will not switch on. Can't toggle it on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unigram Videos: Sound will not switch on. Can't toggle it on.: For a long time: a year or more, Unigram worked fine on my win10 machine. Now suddenly the videos are all sound muted. There is a 'x' on the speaker icon. That was always there and could be toggled to mute or not. Now it won't toggle. any ideas?* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Unigram Videos: Sound will not switch on. Can't toggle it on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unigram Videos: Sound will not switch on. Can't toggle it on.: For a long time: a year or more, Unigram worked fine on my win10 machine. Now suddenly the videos are all sound muted. There is a 'x' on the speaker icon. That was always there and could be toggled to mute or not. Now it won't toggle. any ideas?* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  5. how to on registry settings for windows update advance options

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to on registry settings for windows update advance options: Hello Guys and Gals. I need to change computers advance update settings. and it seems I can do this via registry because I am not allowed to touch domain group policy. so, I am using a 3rd party purchased software to deploy a script to computers . In my script I can use...
  6. No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.: I installed Xubuntu but would now like to remove it. I hit restart while holding the shift key but when I click on troubleshoot there is only Startup Settings. Why? And how do I fix this submitted by /u/GuidonBedon [link] [comments]...
  7. No advanced setting option for email

No advanced setting option for email: New computer. Windows 10. Email account active but no email. Manage tab supposed to have advanced settings to enter smtp, etc but its not there. What am i missing here?...
  8. I can't toggle automatic updates on in settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't toggle automatic updates on in settings.: When I go to updates and security in the settings window then advanced options, I am trying to toggle automatic updates even over metered connections on and it just flicks back off. I went to services and windows automatic updates is how it should be there. Last night I spent...
  9. Advanced Windows Update Option Turns Off When Attempting to Turn On

Advanced Windows Update Option Turns Off When Attempting to Turn On: I attempt to turn on automatically download updates option, and the on button switches to off without me clicking anything. I have windows 10 1803 How do I fix this, so I can be ready for the future upgrades for the windows 10 versions that come up....
  10. Bluetooth is turned off and the toggle switch is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth is turned off and the toggle switch is missing: I installed Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse yesterday. It worked fine as soon as I connected it. Less than 24 hours later bluetooth has stopped working altogether. In the control panel the bluetooth screen shows the mouse but it says bluetooth is turned off. The toggle switch to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant switch update download on

2. cant switch automatic updates on. When I toggle the switch to on it automatically just toggles itself back off. microsoft

3. cant turn toggle switch on in update options advanced settings build 1803

4. unable to turn on the toggle for automatic updates for win 10 solved,
  5. settings for toggle switch for start page