Windows 10: Can't uninstall antivirus

Discus and support Can't uninstall antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Before I updated to Win10, I ws using Bitdefender, free version. It was working fine until the next update of Win10, during which MS Defender activated... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by csutak40, Sep 18, 2016.

1. csutak40 Win User

Can't uninstall antivirus

Before I updated to Win10, I ws using Bitdefender, free version. It was working fine until the next update of Win10, during which MS Defender activated itself. I didn't realise this at first, but started getting dire warnings about viruses, but no amount of scanning could find anything.
    Eventually I noticed that Defender was running, so figured that the two were clashing, hence the false positives. I attempted to disable Defender, but it refused to let me. Hence, I had no choice but to disable BitDefender. That solved the problem, but I would still prefer to use that, instead of Defender.
    Someone suggested I uninstall BitDefender and re-install it, saying that may tell Defender to go away.
    So, I attempted to do so. I couldn't find it listed among the installed programs. Googled how to uninstall it and found this: "If you want to repair or remove Bitdefender Free Edition, follow the path from the Windows start menu: "Start → All Programs → Bitdefender Free Edition → Repair or Remove." Couldn't find that either. Eventually, I clicked on the install file, which gave me the option to "repair and remove" so I did that. It gave a message that it was successfully removed, but there were a huge list of files left.
    I rebooted, in the hopes that they will disappear - no such luck. I ran CCleaner, that didn't help either.
    So, now I am not sure what to do next. Not game to delete all those files (I will attempt to attach them here) but not game to try anything in case I end up in a bigger mess

:)

csutak40, Sep 18, 2016

2. uninstall

i can't uninstall kaspersky 9 antivirus it demands the code please give me the code or default code to uninstall

sumityadavcools, Sep 18, 2016
  3. Driver IRQL not less or equal blue screen

So i should try uninstalling bulgard antivirus and updating my network drivers? But what about antivirus in the future, Windows defender can't be enough?

MadsNielsenUU, Sep 18, 2016
  4. Can't uninstall antivirus

To disable Defender completely, download bat file, run as admin, then restart.

TairikuOkami, Sep 18, 2016
  5. Hi:

In addition to the excellent advice already offered, it sounds as if you are now in a bit of a no-man's-land between BD and WD.
    BD is partially uninstalled, but not enough to properly enable WD. And the remaining BD installation is likely corrupted by now.
    WD is partially enabled, but not fully operational? But you would rather disable it fully, anyway?

If you want to return to BD, then you'll probably need to fully and cleanly remove it first, using the REMOVAL TOOL, and then cleanly reinstalling it.
    (Sometimes one has to first REINSTALL the program and THEN perform a proper, clean uninstall.)

Once most 3rd-party AVs are properly installed they will disable at least the real-time protection of WD (by design), even if they now leave the new, background, "idle" scan feature enabled. You can run the bat file to fully disable it.

Perhaps someone personally familiar with BD can help out here (I use neither BD nor WD).

I hope you get your issue resolved,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 18, 2016
  6. One way I found to make sure it was all gone is
    Go to C drive then Programs also Programs x86 you should find it listed there.
    Right Click on it and you should be able to delete it, I have done it that way to get rid of stubborn folders and files or you could try Revo uninstaller

hTconeM9user, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Borg 386 Win User
    Suggest you run the Bitdefender uninstall tool. Even if you've already uninstalled it via Windows, run this tool to try & remove any leftover orphan files associated with it.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Kno...nstallTool.exe

Borg 386, Sep 18, 2016
  8. Can't uninstall antivirus

Hi:

I agree with @Borg 386's advice for starters.
    Especially for security applications, it's often best to use the publisher's own specialized removal tool first.
    If that fails, then a 3rd-party uninstaller, such as Revo, would be the next step.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't uninstall antivirus

1. Can't uninstall antivirus - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall antivirus

2. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  3. Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus

Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus: My windows defender antivirus got accidentally uninstalled, a week had passed before I was able to notice it, can I reinstall my windows defender antivirus back? Do I have to install a new version? Do I have to pay for it or is it free? Is it safe to download this program...
  4. avast antivirus clear uninstall

avast antivirus clear uninstall: Every time i turn my pc on it ask me to choose a operating system how do i remove the avast antivirus clear uninstall option?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avast-antivirus-clear-uninstall/00443096-023a-4461-8097-fd439d7dea41
  5. Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on

Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on: After uninstalling McAfee, Windows Defender would not turn on. I've tried to restart the service but get the following error: Error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is...
  6. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  7. Antivirus doesn’t want to be uninstalled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antivirus doesn’t want to be uninstalled: After restoring my PC, I saw antivirus that I had used before. I tried to uninstall it again but failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/antivirus-doesnt-want-to-be-uninstalled/8c61d598-cc27-4653-b524-06784468e898
  8. cant uninstall antivirus program

cant uninstall antivirus program: i have a free AVG antivirus program instaled and now i have purchased another and want to install it but i am not able to uninstall this AVG program...
  9. Uninstall antivirus

Uninstall antivirus: how do i uninstall my antivirus in win 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/uninstall-antivirus/8a442bc0-fa5c-46e9-8db9-69404e879348"
  10. Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.

Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.: Hi i uninstalled avast free after noticing it run worse on windows 10. After I removed it via control panel I let my computer reboot. It was unable to boot and i got caught in a "Automatic Repair Restart Loop" I went to the Advanced options in recovery options but unable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. antivirus cant uninstall it