Windows 10: Can't uninstall Ricoh Bay8Controller (smart card reader)

Discus and support Can't uninstall Ricoh Bay8Controller (smart card reader) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't uninstall the Ricoh Bay8Controller. I've tried disabling it in my Device Manager, uninstalling the driver, uninstalling the entire device, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EDP, Sep 17, 2015.

1. EDP
    EDP Win User

Can't uninstall Ricoh Bay8Controller (smart card reader)

I can't uninstall the Ricoh Bay8Controller. I've tried disabling it in my Device Manager, uninstalling the driver, uninstalling the entire device, but it won't work permanently: after a reboot, the device shows up again.

I want to uninstall it, because it always shows up in the ‘Safely Remove Hardware’. Normally, this icon doesn't show (and thus doesn't bother me), but with this piece of hardware reinstalling itself, the icons keeps showing up. Too annoying for words to describe...

If it wouldn't show up I wouldn't mind having it installed. Besides, I might need to use the device (it's a smart card reader) sometimes. I just don't want to see it on my task bar where it annoys me.

When I had Windows 7 and 8 installed, the device could be disabled/uninstalled/invisible. How do I achieve this in Windows 10?

(There are some additional devices, such as a fingerprint reader, that will neither install nor uninstall correctly. However, they only show up in Device Manager, nowhere else, so I'm good with that.)

:)

2. "System compressed memory" Use 40% CPU all the time

In my case it was a bad driver. I have a Lenovo laptop that has a SD card reader (Ricoh risdxc64.sys) which was using 20% of CPU. I disabled the card reader in device manager and the CPU usage issue was resolved. Unfortunately, neither Lenovo or Ricoh
    have updated drivers.

Soylent Red, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 17, 2015
  4. f14tomcat Win User

This may give you more info.... Ricoh Bay8 controller - HP Support Forum - 4796141

f14tomcat, Sep 17, 2015
  5. EDP
    EDP Win User
    Thanks, but I already found that with a simple search. Those pages and are about the drivers, where to find them and how to install them. I couldn't find anything related to uninstalling the device.

6. EDP
    EDP Win User
    I can uninstall the device, but after a Windows Update I also receive drivers, including the drivers for this device. Thus: it gets reinstalled every time Windows Update installs something. I don't want to disable automatic driver updates through WU, so I can't permanently disable the device.

Thema:

1. Can't uninstall Ricoh Bay8Controller (smart card reader) - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall Ricoh

2. Realtek usb smart card reader drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek usb smart card reader drive: drive for realtek usb smart card reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-usb-smart-card-reader-drive/de6d84c3-2463-4aa5-99ff-23803e79bec1
  3. Realtek usb smart card reader drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek usb smart card reader drive: drive for realtek usb smart card reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-usb-smart-card-reader-drive/de6d84c3-2463-4aa5-99ff-23803e79bec1
  4. Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader: Recently we deployed some MS updates to our users KB4601056, KB4601315, KB4601395 and anyone using a smart card reader is now being prompted regularly to connect a smart card device. I have done a lot of searching and most of the fixes involve disabling the Smart Card reader...
  5. PIV Smart Card Reader

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIV Smart Card Reader: Hi All, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 and 2004. I am tasked with trying to figure out how to a PIV Reader on my physical PC and then VPN\remote into another network PC , and have that PIV Card reader be functional on the remote session. I have gone into remote...
  6. Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN: Hi, I use a smart card reader along with a smart card provided by my employer. It had been working fine but all of a sudden it stopped working a few days back. Now when I try to login, I do not receive a prompt to input the PIN. Thus the page with the VM launcher does not...
  7. Windows update - smart card reader problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update - smart card reader problems: Hi! After last windows 10 update my laptop do not read usb smart cards no smart cards reader. Windows 10 home 1909 10.12.2019. 18363.535 Please help me. Kind regards! Marko Marković...
  8. smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440

smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440: I use a gemalto smart card usb token, wich was used for secure signing of official documents on my laptop until the last major win10 update in august. (1903) After that the gemalto card stopped working... The problem is, that a win10 service for smartcard-s starts and...
  9. Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.

Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.: Environment: WIN10 v1607 ENT N 2016 2016 / Virtual Machine - (Physical desktops with updates operate correctly) Since installing latest updates, all VM's will not read the certificates. However both objects "SCR35xx Smart Card Reader" and "Smart Card" -ARE- shown in device...
  10. Smart Card Reader driver problem

Smart Card Reader driver problem: Hello! So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary...