Windows 10: Can't unpin a tile from Start

Discus and support Can't unpin a tile from Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro and can't unpin a tile from Start.. someone please??! 55130 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Orel123, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Orel123 Win User

Can't unpin a tile from Start

Hi,
    I'm using Windows 10 Pro and can't unpin a tile from Start..
    someone please??!

:)

Orel123, Jul 2, 2016

2. Microsoft 950 - lost phone tile on start screen

Sorry, but the problem is that the tile has vanished from the start screen (sorry, I used the word icon when I meant tile).

I can't unpin something that isn't there, and I cannot re-pin it as the option is greyed out!

MollsterUK, Jul 2, 2016
  3. KeithJ221 Win User
    How do I remove the headings from the right hand tile area in Windows 10 start menu?

Because they are saying you can't remove "group" bar from Start, I unpinned all tiles and the whole tile menu disappeared.

KeithJ221, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @Orel123, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile
    Try opening the Task Manager, (right click Start and choose Task Manager), scrolling all the way down to Windows Explorer, right click and choose Restart.

If that doesn't work, the Tile in question may not have cached properly;
    right click on Start, choose Run, type shell:appsfolder, press Enter, look for the application in question in that folder, right click it and choose Unpin from Start.

Edwin, Jul 2, 2016
  5. Orel123 Win User
    Not working.. The app doesn't seem/*cry

Orel123, Jul 2, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    What App/Tile is it?

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't unpin a tile from Start - Similar Threads - Can't unpin tile

2. Unpin tiles from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  3. How to unpin a group of Tiles or Folders from Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to unpin a group of Tiles or Folders from Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Pinning several tiles in Windows 10 is super easy, and the same can be said for unpinning tiles one-by-one. However, what if you’re the type of person with several tiles that you would prefer to get rid of with just [...] This post How to unpin a group of...
  4. Can't unpin from start menu

Can't unpin from start menu: A few months ago, I could unpin from start, but now when I unpin something, it comes back every time I shut down my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpin-from-start-menu/84d8eb39-c74d-45d0-b093-e167399f8d17
  5. Default Start menu tiles all reappear after unpinning

Default Start menu tiles all reappear after unpinning: I am using Windows 10 home version. Recently I did the big upgrade. Afterward I unpinned all of the default tiles- Calender, Live Mail, My Office, Microsoft Store, and lots of "A great app is on its way" tiles, etc.- and replaced them with tiles from the start menu from...
  6. Can't unpin app from Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpin app from Start: Hello, I can't unpin an app from the Start menu Here's a gif of what (doesn't) happen [img] 12581
  7. Unpin tile from "Start"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unpin tile from "Start": Hello,Cannot unpin an old tile from Start.Click on it does not open any program, right click on it has two options:Unpin from start - does not work, or Resize - working. I can also relocate it, but it refuses to go.Made a search on the internet, tried some answers but its...
  8. Windows Start menu - I can't unpin a blank tile

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start menu - I can't unpin a blank tile: I've had an invalid shortcut in: C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and I removed it but the problem is that I didn't unpin it from the Start Menu first and now I'm stuck with a blank tile which I can move around and resize but can't...
  9. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  10. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unpin from start not working windows 10

2. windows 10 tile will not unpin from start

3. cant unpin from start

4. cant unpin tiles right click not working windows 10,
  5. cant unpin live tiles,
  6. cant seem to unpin from start,
  7. why cant i unpin tiles in windows 10,
  8. unpin sex simulator from start page,
  9. unpin tiles not working,
  10. cant unpin start tiles windows 10,
  11. cant unpin start tile