Windows 10: Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer

Discus and support Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been unable to update Windows 10 since early December, 2017. I get a message saying that Trend Micro is incompatible with the update and I must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dlnordin, Jan 21, 2018.

1. dlnordin Win User

Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer

I have been unable to update Windows 10 since early December, 2017. I get a message saying that Trend Micro is incompatible with the update and I must remove it before proceeding, but Trend Micro is not on my computer, nor have I ever installed it on any of my computers. How do I fix this?

:)

dlnordin, Jan 21, 2018

2. Can't install updates and upgrade to latest Windows 10 edition.

Can't install updates and upgrade to latest Windows 10 edition because it says I have 2009 Trend Micro that needs to be deleted first, but I don't have it and never did on this 2 year old computer. I have 2017 Trend Micro. Help, Please!

WilliamBrethauer, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Check antivirus app message from Windows 10

This issue has been resolved by reinstalling the primary anti-virus software, Trend Micro.

As Windows 10 was installed, it retained Trend Micro as the anti-virus app that continued working, including being able to scan the computer. After a week, however, Trend Micro couldn't be updated because the Win 10 anti-virus warning popped up and blocked
    the download process for a new updates

I reinstalled Trend Micro from my ISP's website and the problem seems to be resolved.

R.R. Brooks, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

5. dlnordin Win User
    I ran the trend micro remnant removal tool, though I couldn't tell if anything was removed, it did say complete. Now, when I go to the Windows Update page under settings, it never starts the download to update windows 10 version 1709. My machine has been trying to update this version of windows since 12/9/17, and has failed every time. Now it won't start the download.

dlnordin, Jan 22, 2018
  6. dlnordin Win User
    Tried the install again, after running the Trend Micro Remnant Removal tool. Still getting the same result."We couldn't uninstall these apps
    Trend Micro Internet Security 2009.
    I haven't even had this pc long enough to have put that software on it in the first place.

dlnordin, Jan 22, 2018
  7. dlnordin Win User
    Seems I am dead in the water here. The sw, by any measure I can come up with, is not actually on this pc, yet Windows won't install an upgrade because of some phantom sw it suspects is there. This is utterly bizarre. How can I fix this?

dlnordin, Jan 22, 2018
  8. Superfly Win User

Superfly, Jan 22, 2018
  9. hawkman Win User
    Hi

Farbar, FRST, is an excellent tool to find and remove anything.
    Its usually used for malware removal, but has other uses

Downloading Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

post the 2 logs

Roy

hawkman, Jan 23, 2018
  10. Mooly Win User
    Trend Micro was (for me at least) part of the bundled software that came preinstalled with a new Dell PC back in 2012. While I suspect a good product at the time, its methods of operation meant it was not for me.

One of the first things I did was to clean install and get rid of all this unwanted stuff.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer - Similar Threads - Can't update Trend

2. Forgot password to uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgot password to uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan: I purchased Windows 10 to upgrade from Windows 7. The setup says it can not proceed until I uninstall Trend Micro Office Scan as it is not compatible with Windows 10. But I have forgotten the password to do this. How do I uninstall Trend Micro Office Scan if I have...
  3. Why would a new pc with Windows10 come with Trend Micro Antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why would a new pc with Windows10 come with Trend Micro Antivirus?: I'm considering a new pc with Windows10, which includes 'free for 3 yrs.' Trend Micro Antivirus. Why would I need it if Windows10 already comes with it's own? I feel like it's not really "free". Then if Windows removes theirs automatically, what happens in 3 yrs?...
  4. My Computer isn't Starting

My Computer isn't Starting: So I started my first PC build and at first after putting everything together, I turned it on and everything worked fine no bsod, the only problem was there was no internet connection despite the LAN cable being clearly connected and the light on the back saying its working....
  5. Can't update because updates are pending

Can't update because updates are pending: Caught in a Trap and I Can't Back Out Why can't you see What you're doing to me When you don't believe a word I say? We can't go on together With suspicious minds And we can't build our dreams On suspicious minds Windows 10 Update Assistant - fails diasgnostics 'fixes'...
  6. Can't update windows because of organisation.

Can't update windows because of organisation.: I can't update windows because my organization doesn't let me, this is a private computer and I don't have an organization. Can I remove the organisation and activate windows in some other way?...
  7. Can't update my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update my computer: I begin to update my computer and it gets to around 98% and tells me "we could't complete the update" "undoing changes" I'm getting the error code 0x800f0922 This has been happening since 7/10/2018...
  8. Trend Micro only

Trend Micro only: recently did a clean install of W10. A whole new experience. Advice from a "knowledgable" was to leave all the AVs etc out and get the paid version of Trend Micro which would give me complete cover. I think I should have Ccleaner & Malwarebytes though. Any thoughts on this?...
  9. Trend Micro...

Trend Micro...: Think I'm going to give Trend Micro a try is it a good buy as I've never used it before it does look good and they say it works on all my devices which is great news. 8635
  10. No Downloads because Battery Saver is On, but it Isn't On

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Downloads because Battery Saver is On, but it Isn't On: I have a new lenovo combo tablet/laptop with windows 10 x64. It says there are downloads available, but isnt' downloading them because battery saver is on. however, battery saver isn't on (it's definitely switched off!) 48971