Windows 10: Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer

Discus and support Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been unable to update Windows 10 since early December, 2017. I get a message saying that Trend Micro is incompatible with the update and I must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dlnordin, Jan 21, 2018.

1. dlnordin Win User

Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer

I have been unable to update Windows 10 since early December, 2017. I get a message saying that Trend Micro is incompatible with the update and I must remove it before proceeding, but Trend Micro is not on my computer, nor have I ever installed it on any of my computers. How do I fix this?

:)

dlnordin, Jan 21, 2018

2. Can't install updates and upgrade to latest Windows 10 edition.

Can't install updates and upgrade to latest Windows 10 edition because it says I have 2009 Trend Micro that needs to be deleted first, but I don't have it and never did on this 2 year old computer. I have 2017 Trend Micro. Help, Please!

WilliamBrethauer, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Check antivirus app message from Windows 10

This issue has been resolved by reinstalling the primary anti-virus software, Trend Micro.

As Windows 10 was installed, it retained Trend Micro as the anti-virus app that continued working, including being able to scan the computer. After a week, however, Trend Micro couldn't be updated because the Win 10 anti-virus warning popped up and blocked
    the download process for a new updates

I reinstalled Trend Micro from my ISP's website and the problem seems to be resolved.

R.R. Brooks, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

5. dlnordin Win User
    I ran the trend micro remnant removal tool, though I couldn't tell if anything was removed, it did say complete. Now, when I go to the Windows Update page under settings, it never starts the download to update windows 10 version 1709. My machine has been trying to update this version of windows since 12/9/17, and has failed every time. Now it won't start the download.

dlnordin, Jan 22, 2018
  6. dlnordin Win User
    Tried the install again, after running the Trend Micro Remnant Removal tool. Still getting the same result."We couldn't uninstall these apps
    Trend Micro Internet Security 2009.
    I haven't even had this pc long enough to have put that software on it in the first place.

dlnordin, Jan 22, 2018
  7. dlnordin Win User
    Seems I am dead in the water here. The sw, by any measure I can come up with, is not actually on this pc, yet Windows won't install an upgrade because of some phantom sw it suspects is there. This is utterly bizarre. How can I fix this?

dlnordin, Jan 22, 2018
  8. Superfly Win User

Superfly, Jan 22, 2018
  9. hawkman Win User
    Hi

Farbar, FRST, is an excellent tool to find and remove anything.
    Its usually used for malware removal, but has other uses

Downloading Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

post the 2 logs

Roy

hawkman, Jan 23, 2018
  10. Mooly Win User
    Trend Micro was (for me at least) part of the bundled software that came preinstalled with a new Dell PC back in 2012. While I suspect a good product at the time, its methods of operation meant it was not for me.

One of the first things I did was to clean install and get rid of all this unwanted stuff.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer - Similar Threads - Can't update Trend

2. Trend Micro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trend Micro: So I have a laptop I'm using right now, and i recently just got Trend Micro, but this thing SUCKS. Now I thought don't judge a book by it's cover. BUT THIS THING TAKES UP OVER 330,000 KB. Not only that, it comes with 4 others. So at the start I had 4 GB left but now I barely...
  3. Trend Micro Blocking Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trend Micro Blocking Powershell: I have trend Micro installed . I am getting this message. Should I unblock it so that it would install? [ATTACH] [Original Title: Powershell] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trend-micro-blocking-powershell/3918a820-cfd3-492f-b753-840da82ef030
  4. Uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan?: I am installing Windows 10 because I want to upgrade from Windows 7. But the installation has stopped due to Trend Micro Office Scan. The setup says I cannot install Windows if I don’t uninstall this program that is not compatible with Windows 10. But I don’t remember the...
  5. Trend Micro issue in update to W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trend Micro issue in update to W10 from W7: Hey guys, At wits end trying to update top W10 as advised. I have been through the whole process so many times and I keep getting the window spelling out that I need to manually uninstall Trend Micro from 2009! I cannot find that program ANYWHERE on the PC to uninstall. I...
  6. Microsoft Security vs Trend Micro

Microsoft Security vs Trend Micro: Can someone tell me if it is necessary to use another security program ie. Trend Micro if a new computer comes with Microsoft Security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-security-vs-trend-micro/feac656c-c6e5-4fca-8361-d7c703cb194a"
  7. Trend Micro installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trend Micro installation: Trend micro says its been installed, however I can't locate it on my laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trend-micro-installation/76483158-09f8-4583-a9ab-05e9c59df522
  8. Trend Micro is deleting my Xbox App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trend Micro is deleting my Xbox App: Has anyone else has this issue in the last two days where your Internet Security app is deleting your Xbox app upon startup? submitted by /u/Mandalore108 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eascov/trend_micro_is_deleting_my_xbox_app/
  9. Trend Micro only

Trend Micro only: recently did a clean install of W10. A whole new experience. Advice from a "knowledgable" was to leave all the AVs etc out and get the paid version of Trend Micro which would give me complete cover. I think I should have Ccleaner & Malwarebytes though. Any thoughts on this?...
  10. Trend Micro...

Trend Micro...: Think I'm going to give Trend Micro a try is it a good buy as I've never used it before it does look good and they say it works on all my devices which is great news. 8635