Windows 10: Can't update (due to group policies?)

Discus and support Can't update (due to group policies?) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Each day I get a message that updates failed, with a 'Some settings are managed by your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dkreines, Jan 26, 2016.

1. dkreines Win User

Can't update (due to group policies?)

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Each day I get a message that updates failed, with a 'Some settings are managed by your organization' message. I found a "fix" online that requires the use of gpedit.msc, but when I tried to run that I got a message "could not create the snap-in". This computer is stand-alone and has never been managed by any organization, so I am at a loss about what to do. Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

Dave

:)

dkreines, Jan 26, 2016

2. Get Windows 10 - GP blocking updates

I have a laptop that used to be supported by my office - now that it is not an accepted brand the office won't provide support - but they loaded group policies that do not allow me to install updates. I have a legitimate Windows 7 Professional version that
    came installed on the computer, but I can't get updates due to the group policies blocking Windows Updater. I have Adminstrative rights on the computer, but I can't get updates to install. I also don't have the original install disks for Windows 7.

is there a way to resolve this?

Lorri

LorriPeltz-Lewis, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Windows defender is not working

Hi

My. Windows defender can't turn on due to local group policy in windows 10. Please help me.......

[Moved from Windows]

MUHAMMEDALI_0401, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Can't update (due to group policies?)

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

Can't update (due to group policies?)

1. Can't update (due to group policies?) - Similar Threads - Can't update due

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  4. Can't edit group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't edit group policy: Hello, I am having some issues on Windows 10. I have a personal computer that I had at my previous job an IT company help me because my computer would not update because it kept asking me to upgrade to windows 11. My pc I built does not have secure boot so therefore it was...
  5. Can't edit group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't edit group policy: Hello, I am having some issues on Windows 10. I have a personal computer that I had at my previous job an IT company help me because my computer would not update because it kept asking me to upgrade to windows 11. My pc I built does not have secure boot so therefore it was...
  6. Can't edit group policy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Updating Group Policy Objects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating Group Policy Objects: Hello, I have made an application that will run as a service under "Local System" account. I have used "Advanced Installer" to generate installer for my application. The installer produces an exe file, which when run on my PC, works perfectly fine. but when i try to install...
  8. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hello, I am trying to update/alter a group policy for my work network (20,000 endpoints) remotely through a distribution platform (BigFix). When I have tried to change GP through the registry it gets overwritten. What would be the easiest way to change GP on all endpoints...
  9. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error: My gpedit.msc won't open because I have some sort of Goup Policy Error. I have tried fixing the issue by using secpol. There is also no files in my Group Policy file in system 32...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant update due to policies