Windows 10: Can't update from Win 7

Discus and support Can't update from Win 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've been trying to upgrade to Win 10 for a couple days now. I was finally able to get most of the way there but then it rebooted and said Install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Brian925, May 21, 2016.

1. Brian925 Win User

Can't update from Win 7

I've been trying to upgrade to Win 10 for a couple days now. I was finally able to get most of the way there but then it rebooted and said Install failed in the SAFE_OS phase. Error during Apply_Image operation.

I tried a few more things, was able to get the KB3035583 & 2952664 updates but still no go. I tried getting the Get Windows App, I had once but had to format this drive and start over with Win 7, I still have another main drive with Win 7 on it. When I tried to get the app and ran the troubleshooter it said I'm missing Ser Pack 1, but it's there and part of my install disc. I tried again and it said my OS isn't compatible, that it's Windows 6.1. What the heck is Windows 6.1???

:)

Brian925, May 21, 2016
  2. weswesam Win User

Cortana, Windows Update, Windows Defender and cannot add email after upgrading to Windows 10

Original Title: After upgrading to win 10 pro from 7 pro

After upgrading to win 10 pro from 7 proI can't add my email,cortina,can't update windows defender, nor windows update, as if can't connect to microsoft server.

weswesam, May 21, 2016
  3. Joegisi Win User
    How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

I have the same issue. I update from Win 7 to Win 10 and now can't use my second monitor.

Joegisi, May 21, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Can't update from Win 7

davidhk, May 22, 2016
  5. Brian925 Win User
    That's all well and good but I'm tired of the run around. Microsoft has made upgrading what they said was free to making it a complete pain to do. No updates for Windows 7 without spending hours upon hours trying to figure out why. It's simply a game for them to make money as regular users get tired of fooling around. Linux sucks as there are more problems with those distros than not, at least for the average user. I may just stick with 7 without updates and go along with the occasional BSD, never had it with XP. Yes, this turned into a rant but it's well deserved.

Brian925, May 22, 2016
  6. Brian925 Win User
    That didn't work either, my PC just hangs up. This is really stupid.

Brian925, May 24, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Sorry, I can help you any further.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't update from Win 7

1. Can't update from Win 7 - Similar Threads - Can't update

2. I can't download security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download security update: I am not sure if you can help me with this but I can't access SRW now because there is an error downloading a security update There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  3. I can't download security update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download security update: I am not sure if you can help me with this but I can't access SRW now because there is an error downloading a security update There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  4. I can't download security update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  6. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  7. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  8. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  9. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows Update won't or can't install KB5036893?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update won't or can't install KB5036893?: Windows Update won't or can't update KB5036893And got installation Error 0x800f081fCan you help me hereMy Windows is Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2792...