Windows 10: Can't Update System Reserved Partition

Discus and support Can't Update System Reserved Partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Received this message whilst trying to upgrade my Acer Laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Home. [img] I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WightWalker, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Can't Update System Reserved Partition

Received this message whilst trying to upgrade my Acer Laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Home.

Can't Update System Reserved Partition [​IMG]

I've previously upgraded my Desktop from Windows 7 Pro SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Pro & subsequently performed a clean install with no problem; Being a home built PC, I don't have any reserved partitions on the SSD.

Most, if not all, pre-installed operating system on 'shop bought' PCs/Laptops come with system reserved partitions so I wouldn't have thought this to be a problem, but obviously, for some reason, it is!

Any ideas greatly welcomed.

UPDATE:
    I've found the solution - see Windows 10 will not upgrade (partition issue) - Windows 10 Forums

Reserved System Partition was 100MB.

Windows 10 requires between 400MB & 500MB - used AOMEI Partition Assistant to resize Windows by 350MB & then increase size of Reserved System Partition to 450MB. After several anxious moments when Windows shut down into DOS environment to perform the actions, it successfully rebooted back into Windows 7.

Upgrade now proceeding & now fully working.

:)

WightWalker, Aug 2, 2015
  2. elle-bi Win User

Can't update windows 10 -

I can't update windows 10 to version 1607. i receive the error message: "we couln't update system reserved partition", which happens, as I understand, whan system reserved partition in too small.

Unfortunately, as many programs and tools show, I have no system reserved partition in my computer, so I can't expand it

elle-bi, Aug 2, 2015
  3. 王敏88 Win User
    Display problems on some AMD Radeon video cards after installing an update

We can't update the system reservation partition and how to deal with it now

王敏88, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Can't Update System Reserved Partition

1. Can't Update System Reserved Partition - Similar Threads - Can't Update System

2. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition: Every time I Try to Update, I Get the Error Message: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition I tried Deleting My Fonts but It Still Shows the Error...
  3. Cant update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update the system reserved partition: Initially when I upgraded to windows 11, I used to receive updates, after almost 6 months of use of windows 11 I am getting these type of issued while upgrading to the next version of windows. Please help me regarding this issue.I have uploaded the screenshots of windows...
  4. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  5. Can't update Windows because of System Reserved Partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Windows because of System Reserved Partition.: Everytime I try to update my windows it says that I was unable to update system reserved partition. I even tried to manually update it and that didn't work....
  6. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  7. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  8. Windows 10 Update can't update system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update can't update system reserved partition: Hi: I looked for this issue in the forum, but didn't see anything; sorry if it's here and I missed it. I'm trying to update from 8.1 64-bit to 10 on my i7 24GB Toshiba laptop. I keep getting the message "Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system...
  9. Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition

Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was migrated from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 boots and runs great off the Samsung SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to...
  10. We can't update the system reserve partition

We can't update the system reserve partition: Every time I try to update and install windows 10 I get this error. It seems as if my reserve partition is too small to download windows 10. How would I go about fixing this issue. I have had a dual boot of linux in the past but got rid of it months ago. 14707