Windows 10: Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

Discus and support Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: ​ Can't update to TH2 Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Awesoft, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Awesoft Win User

Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise:

• Can't update to TH2
    • Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows").

Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE... [​IMG]

So now I have a unknown-hybrid version? *Confused

:)

Awesoft, Nov 30, 2015
  2. geecon100 Win User

Can't get upgrate to Windows 10 Enterprise TH2

Hi,

My Windows Update can't see upgrade to TH2

It passed 31 days from instalation of Enterprise

I think I have Group Policy configured well

and still no upgrade for my machine

What is the issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

geecon100, Nov 30, 2015
  3. SumitRoy Win User
    Windows 10 TH2 fall update not showing on windows update

I am using windows 10 enterprise build 10240. TH2 fall update is released but it is not showing in windows update. I haven't check mark on defer upgrades. I have manually checked for update it showing windows up to date. Please help! How to update to TH2
    fall update. Is there any offline method.

SumitRoy, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Awesoft Win User
    Hi Brink, thank you for your help.

The problem is that I have already upgraded my 3 computers to Enterprise (via product keys).
    Of course I have the latest Enteprise/Pro ISO's with TH2.

Reinstalling the whole operating system (clean) due a simple product key upgrade would be an absolute disaster.

Awesoft, Nov 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Quite frankly, I'm not sure how you were able to upgrade from Pro to Enterprise since that normally requires a clean install due to Pro using a retail license and Enterprise using a volume license.

Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  7. Awesoft Win User
    Simply changing the product key from Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change product key

Awesoft, Nov 30, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

That works from Pro to enterprise but not back (although it did work both ways in preview builds prior to release of 10).

I tried entering enterprise generic key and it converted my Pro install to Enterprise fine (unlicensed of course). The only way I could get back to Pro was to restore as entering Pro generic key was not accepted.

It is the same with home to pro I believe (you can upgrade but not downgrade).

9. Awesoft Win User
    Now try to install the TH2 update from the latest Windows Enterprise ISO. Tell me if you can keep your personal files.

Awesoft, Nov 30, 2015
  10. You can go from Pro to Enterprise, or Pro to Education, just by doing a Change Product Key. I've done both. But as mentioned, not back again after. You can upgrade "Add more features" but not downgrade. You can do it from Home too as far as I know. Home to Pro, and Home to Enterprise etc. If your key is bogus though, you'll upgrade but not activate. The generic Pro key will let you upgrade to pro but if that PC doesn't have a digital entitlement for Pro it won't activate. Then you'll have to start all over and clean install to get back to Home. Or do a change key and enter a valid key.

alphanumeric, Nov 30, 2015
  11. I'm running 10586 Enterprise but I did a clean install. I didn't even try to do an upgrade from MY ISO. Never thought to try it as a test. Maybe next time, if I can remember.

alphanumeric, Nov 30, 2015
  12. Awesoft Win User
    The main problem is that I have already activated my Windows 10 to Enterprise... and when I try to update (or reinstall) to Windows 10 Enterprise TH2 it says that my edition is different... so I can't keep my personal files (same problem with Windows Pro TH2 ISO)

Awesoft, Nov 30, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Maybe we should ask where you obtained the product keys for Enterprise from?

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2015
  14. lx07 Win User
    Why?

As it happens I converted my (activated) Pro to (unactivated) Enterprise using the generic key PBHCJ-Q2NYD-2PX34-T2TD6-233PK published repeatedly on this forum and indeed by MS.

Knowing where you got the key doesn't help with the fact you can upgrade but not downgrade - all you can do is restore or re-install. It also has nothing to do with activation.

15. Berton Win User
    I'm going to risk the wrath of others but have to ask the question "Why change to Enterprise?". If using the computer in a business with other computers that business may have the Enterprise license [may be referred to as Volume Licensing] and should provide to you the key they were provided when buying the license. It may have a limit on the number of times it can be used.

I've not seen an advantage of Enterprise over Professional version but I haven't seen ALL that either version can do, I'm not in a larger business.

Berton, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE... - Similar Threads - Can't update TH2

2. Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?: I have a windows 10 enterprise key on my computer. However, it is about to expire. If I buy a windows pro 10 key, will I lose computer files? And if I buy the pro key, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11?...
  3. Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?: I have a windows 10 enterprise key on my computer. However, it is about to expire. If I buy a windows pro 10 key, will I lose computer files? And if I buy the pro key, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11?...
  4. Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise

Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise: I have a Win 10 Enterprise Key. How to upgrade from Win 10 Pro?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-enterprise/678ed6cb-4ba7-4e71-9532-002d4c3d9530
  6. Spontaneous "upgrade" from Pro to Enterprise after update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Spontaneous "upgrade" from Pro to Enterprise after update.: The latest update of Windows 10 spontaneously changed my Pro license to Enterprise. It now keeps asking me for an activation number and does several other annoying things. The pro edition was an upgrade I purchased about 4 years ago from MS. How can I get it back?...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro: Hello, I am unsure about the process of upgrading from Pro edition to Enterprise. I'm working for an IT company and we have a Enterprise edition key which I manually entered on my workstation to try out. Previously it was Pro edition and after entering the Enterprise key...
  8. Corrupt files on 3 computers after upgrading to TH2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupt files on 3 computers after upgrading to TH2: Hello guys, first post but reading forum for years... can some of you do an sfc /scannow and check your results with the November update installed? I always do this when i finish installations, and on 3 computers and 4 installations on them, 2 on one computer just to be...
  9. High disk usage after upgrade to TH2.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High disk usage after upgrade to TH2.: I just upgraded to TH2 from Win 10 Pro. I noticed that my disk usage is near 99% for the past 20 mins. It keeps fluctuatiing between 10 to 99. Normally my disk usage stays at 0. May be this might be Windows settling in after the upgrade? There was high disk usage the first...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise TH2 Upgrade

Windows 10 Enterprise TH2 Upgrade: Hi Guys, I'm using win10 enterprise x64 on a test laptop. Have a key from MSDN as the business is a subscriber. What is the best way to force the TH2 update? 29802