Windows 10: Can't update to Windows 10 TP from 8.1

Discus and support Can't update to Windows 10 TP from 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi It seemingly installs fine, no errors shown, it checks my PC fine, accept the license then reboots. Windows 8.1 starts up as usual and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by derek10, Feb 9, 2015.

1. derek10 Win User

Can't update to Windows 10 TP from 8.1

Hi

It seemingly installs fine, no errors shown, it checks my PC fine, accept the license then reboots. Windows 8.1 starts up as usual and nothing more happens. I check Windows update and each time I see it twice each time, successful and a failed with code 80070002 I tried all troubleshooting guides (deleting cache, temp files, and always end up with that error code, does anyone have some clue on this?

Thank you

:)

derek10, Feb 9, 2015

2. Package not available for this device

I am trying to downgrade from windows 10 TP to windows 8.1 . And having the error Package not available for this device . Tried all the tricks in the forums like uninstalling and reinstalling the Recovery Tool . Checking whether there are new updates for
    my phone or not . Yet known of them worked . Really want to go back to 8.1 . I have been using the TP from the first roll out . Need help urgently

RichardMingle, Feb 9, 2015
  3. Windows 10 For Do It Yourself Builders

I know it can run but will it pull the windows 10 TP information(from 8.1) or the 8.1 pro upgrade information(W10 installed from)?

GarretGiordano, Feb 9, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

I would create a new partition and install from a flash drive or DVD

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 9, 2015
  5. derek10 Win User
    Thank you, do you mean a partition on the hard drive? I cannot create more as I could break things here.

I would like to upgrade it (NOT clean install) is there a way? I've searched and seems I'm the only one with this exact issue *facepalm*

derek10, Feb 9, 2015
  6. derek10 Win User
    ISO doesn't work either, (it goes up to 36% then a message saying Installation has failed pops up) so I will wait until the final version. Goodbye for now.

derek10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't update to Windows 10 TP from 8.1 - Similar Threads - Can't update

2. Can't update Windows 10 to the last version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update Windows 10 to the last version: For some reason whenever i try to open Minecraft Launcher Installing, it shows me this Error: Windows 10 will not work on this computer Operating system: "Contact your system administrator to upgrade Windows Server or Enterprise editions" I tried many way's on fixing that,...
  3. Can't update Windows 10 to the last version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update Windows 10 to the last version: For some reason whenever i try to open Minecraft Launcher Installing, it shows me this Error: Windows 10 will not work on this computer Operating system: "Contact your system administrator to upgrade Windows Server or Enterprise editions" I tried many way's on fixing that,...
  4. Can't update Windows 10 to the last version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After latest display update, the screen goes black and I can't seem to revert it even with...

After latest display update, the screen goes black and I can't seem to revert it even with...: The lastest "Display" update or something like that, my screen goes black instantly. I can't do anything to revert it since the recovery point somehow is from 20 minutes ago. it probably has that update and goes black the moment it starts installing from recovery point like...
  6. After latest display update, the screen goes black and I can't seem to revert it even with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After latest display update, the screen goes black and I can't seem to revert it even with...: The lastest "Display" update or something like that, my screen goes black instantly. I can't do anything to revert it since the recovery point somehow is from 20 minutes ago. it probably has that update and goes black the moment it starts installing from recovery point like...
  7. Can't install Windows 10 update, KB 5034763

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows 10 update, KB 5034763: I have tried various things including turning off antivirus software, command prompt thing sorry I'm not technical, and also deleted the hidden folder but I still can't install the update from downloaded update or direct. Any suggestions for someone who isn't technical ?...
  8. Can't install Windows 10 update, KB 5034763

Can't install Windows 10 update, KB 5034763: I have tried various things including turning off antivirus software, command prompt thing sorry I'm not technical, and also deleted the hidden folder but I still can't install the update from downloaded update or direct. Any suggestions for someone who isn't technical ?...
  9. Can't install Windows 10 update, KB 5034763

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...

After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...: After the update windows ran into "Automatic Repairing" but many of options in advanced settings in troubleshoot, requires account's password and it's says wrong!!! Even I changed password in case I forgot, Soo? Like there's no way except new windows installation, a month ago...