Windows 10: Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store

Discus and support Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So its pretty much just as the title says. I try to update anything or download anything I get a message that states. Try that again, Error, See... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeanutUnion, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store

So its pretty much just as the title says. I try to update anything or download anything I get a message that states.

Try that again, Error, See details

Inside it says.

Something went wrong.
    Error code 0x80070005, in case you need it

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

:)

PeanutUnion, Apr 12, 2016

2. will all apps be forced to run on desktop and phone in windows 10

This is what Microsoft aim in windows 10. One store for many windows devices. Also there are some apps at this moment which run on both in PC and tablets with same layout and all that. This apps called universal apps. But at this moment we cant run a app which is run on desktop cant do forcefully run on phone. This to have some different manner to run the apps. But we expect from Microsoft to give that feature.

MCCshreyas, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Get my Windows 10 Universal Apps updated

I am trying to update my Windows 10 Universal apps Chances are good that your Microsoft-supplied Universal apps — the tiled ones, on the right side of the Start menu — aren't up-to-date. Make sure
    you have all the latest goodies by opening the Store app and clicking the left of your picture, at the top of the Store window. and my computer I'm running windows 10 and I want to update these universal apps but there appears to be no way to do that. you
    can delete them but that is not what I'm trying to do.

JohnnyLedford, Apr 12, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store

You did sign in with your Microsoft account, did you ?

davidhk, Apr 12, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    See if this helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003

6. The reset reg thing didn't work

7. davidhk Win User
    Do a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Apr 12, 2016
  8. Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store

It said windows did not find any integrity violations.

9. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 12, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 12, 2016
  11. Appreciate the advice but sadly that was the first thing I tried and still to no luck

PeanutUnion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store

1. Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store - Similar Threads - Cant Update Universal

2. Store cant update many apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store cant update many apps: I have multiple games and apps installed came from my MS Store and I found out today I have multiple apps that is outdated. i thought it will automatically download and install once there is an update but it is not. I have error that says something went wrong that I dont know...
  3. Store cant update many apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store cant update many apps: I have multiple games and apps installed came from my MS Store and I found out today I have multiple apps that is outdated. i thought it will automatically download and install once there is an update but it is not. I have error that says something went wrong that I dont know...
  4. Store cant update many apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Universal mail App

Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  6. Microsoft Store cant update certain apps

Microsoft Store cant update certain apps: I need to update Forza Horizon 4, which i know the latest update is only 1.2 GB, but it has been stuck at this stage the whole time. And if it did start, it doesnt show any progress bar which leads to an infinte download. [ATTACH] Things that i've did: - Resigning my...
  7. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  8. Windows Store cant install apps

Windows Store cant install apps: Hello i recently got the Forza Horizon 4 Demo, but WS says something like try again later, something happened on our end, however i did disable it in the registry some time ago because the system was on a hdd and apps updating was slowing the pc down, now i cant find it in...
  9. Universal app emulator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal app emulator?: Please read carefully before replying. I have read here that a developer can use an emulator included in Microsoft Visual Studio to test his universal (modern interface, Windows Store) apps, even if he is running Windows 7 on his computer. This is interesting as there are...
  10. Universal apps how to?

Universal apps how to?: Is there a way to check if an app is Universal or not? For example, if I want to install the Netflix Universal app, will it just automatically be the one in the store? Because, isn't there still a non-universal version? Also, I have heard about people sorting or organizing,...