Windows 10: Can't update xbox game bar

Discus and support Can't update xbox game bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My game bar is stuck in an old version 5.823.3261.0 and the Microsoft store and windows update show no updates available and the game bar app in store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ISkillANjaCold, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Can't update xbox game bar

My game bar is stuck in an old version 5.823.3261.0 and the Microsoft store and windows update show no updates available and the game bar app in store just shows "open". Tried repair and reset with no avail. Xbox app says I need to download game bar but when I click that then check status it doesn't show an update and nothing happens. Xbox social in game bar says I need to update too.I recently had been able to update to this version from 2.622.3232.0 from the insider app but it didn't even give me the latest one. I'm trying to join an xbox party.

:)

ISkillANjaCold, Nov 30, 2023

2. xbox game bar on the new update

The new update where we can play our games from the xbox game bar is a good one. The only problem that I have is that it also shows google chrome in that game list. Is there a way so that chrome does not appear in that game list on the game bar?

kashishpilyal, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Alx181 Win User
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't show FPS

Xbox Game Bar not displaying FPS information despite trying various troubleshooting steps. While the Xbox Game Bar is designed to work on Windows 10 Home as well, it's possible that certain settings or configurations are causing the issue. Here are some additional steps you can try:

Check Game Bar Settings:

• Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing Win + G.
    • Click on the settings (gear) icon in the Game Bar overlay.
    • Ensure that the "Performance" overlay is enabled. You can toggle it on here.
    Check Graphics Card Compatibility:

• Make sure that your graphics card is compatible with the Xbox Game Bar's performance overlay features. Check the manufacturer's documentation for compatibility information.
    Create a New Local User Account:

• Since you mentioned that you don't have the "Local Users and Groups" feature available on Windows 10 Home, you can try creating a new local user account and see if the Game Bar functions properly there.
    Use Registry Editor (Advanced, proceed with caution):

• Press Win + R, type "regedit," and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    • Look for a key called AppCaptureEnabled. If it's not present or set to 0, it might be causing the issue. Set it to 1.

Alx181, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Can't update xbox game bar

Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Can't update xbox game bar

1. Can't update xbox game bar - Similar Threads - Can't update xbox

2. Xbox game bar update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar update: I wanted to get updates for my apps so I used the get updates button and as soon as it got to the xbox game bar , it started 'downloading' and hasn't made any progress. The update has been 'downloading' for a week now....
  3. Xbox game bar update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar update: I wanted to get updates for my apps so I used the get updates button and as soon as it got to the xbox game bar , it started 'downloading' and hasn't made any progress. The update has been 'downloading' for a week now....
  4. Can't update xbox game bar

Can't update xbox game bar: My game bar is stuck in an old version 5.823.3261.0 and the Microsoft store and windows update show no updates available and the game bar app in store just shows "open". Tried repair and reset with no avail. Xbox app says I need to download game bar but when I click that then...
  5. xbox game bar on the new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar on the new update: The new update where we can play our games from the xbox game bar is a good one. The only problem that I have is that it also shows google chrome in that game list. Is there a way so that chrome does not appear in that game list on the game bar?...
  6. xbox game bar on the new update

xbox game bar on the new update: The new update where we can play our games from the xbox game bar is a good one. The only problem that I have is that it also shows google chrome in that game list. Is there a way so that chrome does not appear in that game list on the game bar?...
  7. Can't Open Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Open Xbox Game Bar: Recently, I was using zoom and I got a blue screen. After I booted up my PC, the taskbar icons were all empty and lead to nothing, but that's not the point. When I tried to open game bar with Windows+G it didn't work. I went as far as to reset the applications, repair it,...
  8. Can't turn on my xbox Game bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn on my xbox Game bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MisterKickassYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is0a0x/cant_turn_on_my_xbox_game_bar/
  9. Xbox Game Bar Fix Updated

Xbox Game Bar Fix Updated: [IMG] Ok... So everytime I go in A Game/Or use A Browser Like Chrome for Some Reason Xbox Game Bar won't let me Record video It only allows me to capture Photos! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-fix-updated/0e7cff9a-a67c-4f48-8d7c-4b6f795bd060
  10. Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.: Alright, I give up! Ever since 1803, a Windows App store app "Xbox Game bar" requests an update. This was the only "Game Bar" so I assumed it was the Game Bar that allowed me to record games. Great. It just didn't update (it always got a "Something unexpected happened" prompt...