Windows 10: Can't upgrade my W10

Discus and support Can't upgrade my W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has been going on for about a year. I did do the tenforums tutorial cookbook style with no joy. When logged in to W10 as administrator the routine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lbeck, Oct 24, 2017.

1. lbeck Win User

Can't upgrade my W10

This has been going on for about a year. I did do the tenforums tutorial cookbook style with no joy. When logged in to W10 as administrator the routine goes to about 80% then claims a problem. I'm attaching a few screen captures that may help.

:)

lbeck, Oct 24, 2017

2. I can't adjust the brightness of my PC after upgrade to W10

hello Everyone!

I can't adjust my screen brightness after I upgrade my PC to w10

ArixAlasian, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 & Office 2010

To clarify, I have Office 2010 actually on another W7 laptop (preloaded). I thought I could transfer it to my new laptop that came with W8.1. Neither W8.1 nor W10 liked the Office 2010 key. So I can't upgrade my W7 to W10 because I don't want to lose
    Office (sorry, no offense, but I can't trust what you're telling me). I could upgrade W8.1 to W10 (because it's still new and since I couldn't get my copy of Office on it), but why? W8.1 looks ok, not sure what W10 is going to give me that I really have
    to have.

CasualDreamer, Oct 24, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Can't upgrade my W10

Please update the computer specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Open file explorer > this PC > c: drive > click view > check hidden files > search for these files:

C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther
    C:\Windows\Panther
    setuperr.log
    setupact.log
    Setupmem.dmp $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp
    setupapi.dev.log $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupapi\setupapi.dev.log
    BlueBox.log
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback*.evtx

C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther
    C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther
    C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Rollback

BlueBox.log
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback*.evtx
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupapi\setupapi.dev.log

Setupmem.dmp
    setupapi.dev.log
    Event logs (*.evtx)

The problem is related to the free space within the system reserved partition.

Had you installed language or font packs?

It is easy to install programs thinking that they go to the C drive where you can easily uninstall them. Unfortunately some software is installed within the partitions. This reduces the free space within the partition that is needed by windows during the upgrade. Windows upgrades then attempt the upgrade and in the process will display in the logs the problems. The hard part is to decipher or decode the logs. Sometimes this is quick but more often it's a lot of work.

zbook, Oct 24, 2017
  5. lbeck Win User
    I have updated my computer specs. Also have my sysinfo text file attached. I failed to mention in my thread starter that I replaced my 128 GB SSD with a 500 GB SSD thinking that maybe there wasn't enough storage for the update. My SSD has about 400 GB free.

A screenshot of my disk partitions is presented here also.

I appreciate your help.

lbeck, Oct 26, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Download and install everything search: Downloads - voidtools
    You can install it so that it starts on boot or starts when you need it.
    The software will create an index of all drives (internal and external)
    Then when you type a character it will produce instantaneous results.
    The more characters you type the narrower the search results.

Please search for the above Panther files in post #2 and post the files into the thread using one drive or drop box share links.

Please re-post the above image with all of the columns widened so that the contents are in full view (volume, status, and free space columns)

Run the DM log collector which will collect msinfo32, dxdiag, event logs etc. and post a zip into the thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Oct 26, 2017
  7. lbeck Win User
    I've expanded the columns. I couldn't find all the files specified in your post, so I copied the entire directory for some. The files/folders can be seen here.

Thanks again for your help - and let me know any information that I can provide further.

lbeck, Oct 26, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Can't upgrade my W10

Please run the DM log collector and post a zip into the thread.

2017-10-25 05:19:54, Error MOUPG CSetupHost::Execute(368): Result = 0xC1900201

0xC1900201 The system did not pass the minimum requirements to install the update.

Backup all files on the drive to another drive or to the cloud.
    Please create a brand new restore point.

Download and install Macrium
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    Make a backup image of the drive and save the image to another drive or to the cloud.

Download and install the minitool partition wizard:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard | Best partition magic alternative for Windows PC and Server
    Expand all columns and post an image into the thread.

Run HDTune:
    HD Tune website
    to check the health,
    scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.

It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Open administrative command prompt and type: chkdsk /x /f /r
    This may take many hours so plan to run overnight.
    Use the information in this link to find the report in event.vwr and post the report into the thread:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Oct 26, 2017
  9. lbeck Win User
    Possibly a critical clue??

Following your instructions, I started to create a restore point and I get the note "C:\ drive missing" See the attached screenshot. Of course I can boot up and use my computer, but is there something telling the W10 update routine that I don't have a C:\ drive????

Meanwhile I have created the system information zip file and posted it to the BSOD thread, and will start the chkdsk routine and other instructions.

lbeck, Oct 27, 2017
  10. topgundcp Win User
    Here's my suggestion:

• Open the computer case and swap the cable between disk 0 and disk 2 to make your Windows on the 1st sata port (Disk 0)
    • If you are familiar with Macrium software. Create a Macrium Rescue Winpe and save it to a USB. Boot up from this and click on "Fix Windows Boot problems". This will delete the old BCD then re-create a new BCD. I suspect that the BCD is corrupted and did not detect the C drive during the upgrade.
    • Try to upgrade again.

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2017
  11. lbeck Win User
    Encouraged, but not there yet. I did as you advised and now have my boot disc as :0:

Booted from the USB drive created using the USB drive and I get the W10 update routine progressing to 80%, then giving the error message “something went wrong”.

I have screen captures along the way and can provide, I'll keep trying to update. Do you have further suggestions or want to see screen captures?

I really appreciate you hanging with me.

Lee

lbeck, Oct 30, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    The operating system cannot be upgraded because the reserved partition has insufficient free space.
    In order to correct this problem these are possible solutions:
    1) remove some of the files within the reserved partition
    2) increase the size of the reserved partition
    3) backup the files and perform a clean install.

The reserved partition needs to have 15 MB of free space to perform the upgrade.
    The reserved partition at this time has only 11 MB of free space.

Please run the DM log collector and post a zip into the thread so that we have logs to troubleshoot:

This information was in the Panther logs:

Code: 0xC1900201 The system did not pass the minimum requirements to install the update. 2017-10-25 03:35:12, Info CONX ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::GetDiskFreeSpaceW: Detected 11 MB free (out of 96 MB total) on [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolume4\] 2017-10-25 03:35:13, Info CONX CFreeSystemPartitionDiskSpaceChecker: checked InsufficientSystemPartitionDiskSpace, found HardBlock.Not enough space on partition [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolume4\] Required: 15[/quote]

zbook, Oct 30, 2017
  13. lbeck Win User

Can't upgrade my W10

okay. How do I get there? I understand the code that you have provided, but don't know how to increase my partition. I have Acronis and now Macrium. I've entered both and Windows Settings but can't figure out how to increase the reserved partition. Your help will be appreciated!

lbeck, Oct 30, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    1) Please run the DM log collector and post a zip into the thread so that we can troubleshoot the logs:

Somehow the steps in post #6 were not yet completed.
    Please complete the steps and post images into the thread.

The problems with the drives need to be troubleshooted:

2) Run administrative command prompt chkdsk /x /f /r tests on all drives with the applicable drive letter.
    This may take many hours so plan to run overnight.
    Use the information in this link to fine the reports in the event.vwr and post the results into the thread:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

3) Run HDTune:
    HD Tune website
    to check the health,
    scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.

It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

4) Run Sea Tools for Windows SMART, and long generic on each hard drive:

How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Please post images into the thread for each test.

5) Please post into the thread the URL for the computer's drivers.

6) Which languages and fonts in addition to English and standard fonts were installed on the computer?

7) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: ​Lpksetup /u
    Post an image of the results into the thread.

Code: Event[53324]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:39:35.139 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53325]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:39:40.141 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53326]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:39:45.143 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53327]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:39:50.144 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53328]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:39:55.146 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53329]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:00.148 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53330]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:05.149 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53331]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:10.151 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53332]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:15.152 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53333]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:20.152 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53334]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:25.152 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53335]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:30.152 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53336]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:35.154 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53337]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:40.155 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53338]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:45.156 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53339]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:50.159 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53340]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:40:55.161 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53341]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:00.162 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53342]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:05.164 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53343]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:10.166 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53344]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:15.168 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53345]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:20.170 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53346]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:25.171 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53347]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:30.172 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53348]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:35.174 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53349]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:40.174 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53350]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:45.176 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53351]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:50.177 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53352]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:41:55.179 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53353]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:00.180 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53354]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:05.181 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53355]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:10.183 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53356]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:15.185 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53357]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:20.187 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53358]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:25.188 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53359]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:30.191 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53360]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:35.191 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53361]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:40.193 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53362]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:45.195 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53363]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:50.195 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53364]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:42:55.197 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53365]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:00.199 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53366]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:05.199 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53367]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:10.201 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53368]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:15.203 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53369]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:20.205 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53370]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:25.206 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53371]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:30.208 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53372]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:35.210 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53373]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:40.210 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53374]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:45.213 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53375]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:50.214 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.) Event[53376]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-14T15:43:55.215 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acer_Desktop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9. (A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote]

zbook, Oct 30, 2017
  15. lbeck Win User
    DM Log posted. Also - there still seems to be something wonky with my drive assignments. My BIOS screen shows "Port0: Not Present" (see attached photo). Yet, in Disk Management disk 0 is my boot disk (see screen capture).

There appears to be plenty of space available on that drive. Should I create a large partition reserved as the boot partition? I haven't done that but I believe that I can with Acronis or some other software help.

lbeck, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

Can't upgrade my W10

1. Can't upgrade my W10 - Similar Threads - Can't upgrade W10

2. W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Upgrade: W10 Upgrade Failures: Upgrades 0xc fail every time and 20H2 always gets stuck at 61%. When I try the W Upgrade Assistant I get a message that it cannot instal as the automatic upgrade stuck at 61% is running.I have tried a few online suggestions but nothing seems to...
  3. W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Upgrade: W10 Upgrade Failures: Upgrades 0xc fail every time and 20H2 always gets stuck at 61%. When I try the W Upgrade Assistant I get a message that it cannot instal as the automatic upgrade stuck at 61% is running.I have tried a few online suggestions but nothing seems to...
  4. W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade To W10....For Free

Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  6. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  7. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  8. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  9. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  10. W10 Upgrade Destroyed my RAID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Upgrade Destroyed my RAID: I upgraded from W7 to W10 last week and all went smoothly...or so I thought. I launched a program today and it failed because its exe file was missing. My audio DAW PC was built by a specialist firm here in the UK - Scan. It was configured as RAID with a drive D: and one...