Windows 10: Can't us local Wifi

Discus and support Can't us local Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have interbnet service from AT&T which worked great until I updated to windows 10. My pc now connects to the wifi just find, I can download updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dkalsow, Nov 23, 2015.

1. dkalsow Win User

Can't us local Wifi

I have interbnet service from AT&T which worked great until I updated to windows 10. My pc now connects to the wifi just find, I can download updates, but I can not browse a web page. When I go into open a web page I get an error that the page can not be displayed. If I vpn to my work it works just fine then. I have reset the browser settings, created a new account on my pc and nothing has helped.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Dale

:)

dkalsow, Nov 23, 2015

2. Local area connection disabled- I need to re-enable it

Hi Guys

i disabled local area connection* 13 ....now i can't see local area connection* 13 icon anymore in network connections window of control panel. How can I get it back?.

Without that I couldnt use my PC as wifi hotspot.

Thanks in advance

SurendhiranAV, Nov 23, 2015
  3. E90 Wifi broken after firmware upgrade

Hello again

I restored the deleted access point from the back up but I can't edit it. The phone can 'see' the local wifi networks.

narrowgauge---01, Nov 23, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

Can't us local Wifi

Please check the DNS settings on your router

robgr, Nov 23, 2015
  5. dkalsow Win User
    What an I looking for? My wifi works fine for all the other computers and phones in our home.

dkalsow, Nov 26, 2015
  6. robgr Win User
    • Please test using other browsers and notify of the results
    • Go to Device Manager|Network Adapters and remove any listed TAP adapters
    • Right click 'start' button, select Network Connections, Select Properties for the WiFi adapter, select Properties for Internet Protocol Version 4 and ensure Obtain an IP Address Automatically is set under the General tab
    • Ensure that Internet Protocol Version 6 is unchecked

robgr, Nov 27, 2015
  7. dkalsow Win User
    So I loaded google Chrome and that works fine. I also checked but did not have any TAP adapters and unchecked Internet Protocol Version 6. I still and not get Internet Explorer to work.

dkalsow, Dec 7, 2015
  8. robgr Win User

Can't us local Wifi

Please can you check the proxy settings for IE and share?

robgr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't us local Wifi

1. Can't us local Wifi - Similar Threads - Can't local Wifi

2. it's not you. its us. can't log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    it's not you. its us. can't log in.: I am getting the "it's not you. its us." Error when trying to family approve my child account. There is no option to skip like suggested in another thread. This is a brand new laptop that is not able to be logged in now. Any assistance would be appreciated....
  3. en-us enterpise local experience pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    en-us enterpise local experience pack: Hi Community people,I might be stupid or just missing something here.I have a multilanguage build I have created using 20H2 and all the LXP files I needed where on the ISO I downloaded from our...
  4. I can't download Among Us?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download Among Us?: I have tried multiple times to download Among Us from the Microsoft Store. The blue "Install" button, no matter how many times I click it, does not do anything. All of the help pages I've been to were of no help. I've reinstalled, reset, etc. to try and get it to work, but it...
  5. Local wifi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local wifi network: I have two devices both win10 latest update. Infile explorer i can see both devices in network. Device A can access files on device B. Device B can see both devices in network but cannot access files on device A. Msge is This folder is empty. File sharing, printer sharing on...
  6. Wifi slow on local account

Wifi slow on local account: Hello, I have a Dell laptop, which has 2 accounts: one is signed in with Microsoft account signed in at OOBE, other is a local account I created in setting. The problem is when I'm using the local account, my internet speed is extremely slow 4 times slower than the Microsoft...
  7. Can't get rid of US Keyboard

Can't get rid of US Keyboard: I tryed to get rid of the US Keyboard option but it is not going away. In the settings I have 2 Keybord Input types: A Englisch one with qwertz and a German one with qwertz But in the taskbar there now is a 3rd for no aperent reson. a Englisch qwerty. Can i get rid of...
  8. How to connect to local WiFi?

How to connect to local WiFi?: I have 2 desktops running Windows 10, one a 32-bit the other a 64-bit. Unlike the 32-bit, the 64-bit settings/network&internet/Wireless Network Connection will not let me see/add a local wireless connection the 32-bit does let me do this. Can somebody walk me through...
  9. No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi

No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi: I had an open thread which I have now abandoned, as it had become too confused due to my complete lack of knowledge about what the problems really were and how to solve them. Now that I have at least a somewhat improved knowledge of what does work and does not, herewith that...
  10. Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32

Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32: I am having issues with the HP drivers for Win10; when the system language is set to EN-UK the Printing Prefernces dialog is broken whilst the Properties dialog is OK....