Windows 10: Can't use any other browser than Edge.

Discus and support Can't use any other browser than Edge. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheOpener, Jan 30, 2016.

1. TheOpener Win User

Can't use any other browser than Edge.

Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked.

Thank you!

:)

TheOpener, Jan 30, 2016

2. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

Hello, Vincent,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description you are unable to use any browsers except Microsoft Edge.

As you are able to use Microsoft Edge. I would suggest you to follow the methods to troubleshoot Internet Explorer.

Method 1:

Run Internet Explorer Performance Troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Select Control Panel

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” option from the left panel.

• Select “Internet Explorer performance”.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check if some Add-on is causing the issue. You can refer to the following Microsoft article and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +R.

• Type iexplore.exe –extoff and press enter.

• Now, Internet explorer will be opened without any add on.

• If you don’t get the error message while opening the browser in this mode, then probably an add-on is causing this issue.

• Disable all the add-ons as
      described in the following article and figure out the corrupt add-on by enabling the add-ons one-by-one.
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something
    that worked.

Thank you!

VincentBeaudoin, Jan 30, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, sorry to hear that. Are you using a laptop? A desktop? If you could complete your system specs, that would help. (Instructions in the tutorial section if you're unsure).

How are you connected to the internet? Ethernet cable? WiFi?
    If you are using a router, can any other devices connect to that successfully?

Since we don't know what state your internet connection is in, first right click the internet icon in your system tray, and Open Network and Sharing Centre. Please post a screenshot of that including your system tray internet icon.
    It should look sthg like this:

Can't use any other browser than Edge. [​IMG]

Please right click the internet icon in your system tray again, click "Troubleshoot Problems" and report the outcome. Thanks.

Do you know what changed last week that might have caused this?
    Do you have any system restore points before the date you first noticed this?
    Do you use disk imaging (which allows you to restore your PC to exactly how it was when you created the image and creates a backup at the same time)? Everyone needs to use this: Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper- freeware (+ commercial) - with their boot disk + large external backup storage medium.

dalchina, Jan 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't use any other browser than Edge. - Similar Threads - Can't browser Edge

2. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  3. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  4. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge: Ran into this problem yesterday. Have been using Google Chrome for a while, and up until yesterday has it been working fine. Tried opening it yesterday, and it refuses to open without warning. Microsoft Edge does open, and I was able to use it to try to reinstall chrome to...
  5. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge: Ran into this problem yesterday. Have been using Google Chrome for a while, and up until yesterday has it been working fine. Tried opening it yesterday, and it refuses to open without warning. Microsoft Edge does open, and I was able to use it to try to reinstall chrome to...
  6. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open: On my computer whenever I open a browser the browser closes itself other than Microsoft edge it will just close then reopen a few times before it starts working properly is there any way to fix this so I can access another browser other than Microsoft edge because whenever I...
  8. Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open

Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open: On my computer whenever I open a browser the browser closes itself other than Microsoft edge it will just close then reopen a few times before it starts working properly is there any way to fix this so I can access another browser other than Microsoft edge because whenever I...
  9. Cant use any other browser other than edge if logged in to my microsoft account on windows 10

in Cortana
    Cant use any other browser other than edge if logged in to my microsoft account on windows 10: So i started having this problem before i built my new computer and the first problem i had on the new one was the same. So if i log in to my microsoft account on the computer so all microsoft related things and the user is the account etc i cant use as an example google...
  10. unable to open any other browser than microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open any other browser than microsoft edge: I am unable to open any other browsers than microsoft edge , i have a feeling like something is blocking them from opening . They open for half a second and immediately close and i tried every browser like firefox, chrome, opera and opera GX...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can access any browser other than edge

2. cant use any browser besides edge

3. cant use any browser

4. cant use any other browser but edge,
  5. i cant use other browser than edge