Windows 10: Cant use my windows start button

Discus and support Cant use my windows start button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I put my computer in sleep mode for 2 days in a row now, both days when I bring it back up my start menu no longer works. I click the window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by darkf0xx, Sep 15, 2015.

1. darkf0xx Win User

Cant use my windows start button

When I put my computer in sleep mode for 2 days in a row now, both days when I bring it back up my start menu no longer works. I click the window button on the bottom left and it does nothing, I press the windows button on my keyboard and still nothing. When I right click it, it will bring up the menu that I screen-shotted but not any other

Cant use my windows start button [​IMG]

:)

darkf0xx, Sep 15, 2015

2. I can't use my search feature nor my Start button

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know what methods did you take to resolve the issue?

I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting help article on Cortana and Start Menu. Check if this can resolve the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries on the issue above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 15, 2015
  3. dmgc27 Win User
    I can't use my search feature nor my Start button

Hello, for some time now, I haven't been able to use my search feature on windows 8 (not 8.1). Now that I have windows 10, the problem persists. I have tried several other resolved questions on the forums, but to no avail.

The last one I tried was via the powershell by typing in Powershell:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.Ins

tallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.Ins

tallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:38

+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

modifies are currently in use.

error 0x80004004: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy!microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 23764db2-d824-0001-ebac-762324d8d101 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 23764db2-d824-0001-ebac-762324d8d101

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Imme...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Any idea how I can resolve this?

dmgc27, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Cant use my windows start button

1. Cant use my windows start button - Similar Threads - Cant start button

2. cant click start button and search bar

in Cortana
    cant click start button and search bar: hi, i just changed the the administrator in my C drive, it was normal before but then i restart my computer and now i cant click the start windows logo and the search bar. the windows button in my keyboard still work fine tho, i still can use Win+r and Win+I, oh and whenever...
  3. cant click start button and search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant click start button and search bar: hi, i just changed the the administrator in my C drive, it was normal before but then i restart my computer and now i cant click the start windows logo and the search bar. the windows button in my keyboard still work fine tho, i still can use Win+r and Win+I, oh and whenever...
  4. cant click start button and search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant access my internet button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access my internet button: When I press the bottom left internet button no tab opens and the airplane mode button is gone.Sometimes the airplane mode button would pop up when I press the internet button repeatedly then it would pop up once Ina while but it's grey outlined not the normal white meaning...
  6. Cant access my internet button

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant access my internet button: When I press the bottom left internet button no tab opens and the airplane mode button is gone.Sometimes the airplane mode button would pop up when I press the internet button repeatedly then it would pop up once Ina while but it's grey outlined not the normal white meaning...
  7. Windows start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start button: I cant get the windows start button to open up, so I'm unable to scroll to any of the selections. How do I rectify? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button/16deab9b-2d1e-4c02-9205-8a329b441598
  8. cant use start button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant use start button: cant use start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-start-button/8be693c6-5926-46ed-8352-bc1546d7d7a6
  9. Windows 10 cant switch users from start button

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 cant switch users from start button: Hey everyone, I am have a bit of a problem switching users in window 10. I cannot switch users from the start button. I click on my pic and nothing pops up. Sometimes my name (Admin) will, but that is about it. Booted into safe mode and everything worked perfectly. This...
  10. Start-up using power button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up using power button: Windows 10. I have an external monitor for my laptop. How can I start-up the laptop (external monitor only) with the power button while keeping the laptop screen closed?...